bitcoin

Jan. 23, 2018, 4:25 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

That's a bold prediction.  Have you sold everything you own to buy them now?

I spent $15 when it was $00.0005

Jan. 23, 2018, 4:27 p.m.

According to some random thing I read, the FBI would be the largest holder of BTC since they raided Mt. Gox.

Jan. 23, 2018, 4:34 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Do you feel like sharing one of your three hundred million dollars with me?

Jan. 23, 2018, 5:19 p.m.

Do you feel like sharing one of your three hundred million dollars with me?

If only I had known about offline wallets before the 'heist'.

Jan. 23, 2018, 5:25 p.m.

That kinda sucks in a way.

Jan. 23, 2018, 5:29 p.m.

That kinda sucks in a way.

Yes and no, not even sure there was actual offline wallets back then other than just writing down your crypto keys and what not. Whats sucky is me forgetting to back into it. Or Ehterium or Lite; I've been aware of most of those while they were in, around or below the cents of a cent range.

Last edited by: aShogunNamedMarcus on Jan. 23, 2018, 5:30 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 24, 2018, 9:24 a.m.

That's a bold prediction. Have you sold everything you own to buy them now?

Really? How did you buy it? When the first exchange opened bitcoin was $0.003. When the first purchase ever was made with Bitcoin not long after (the legendary pizza) it was worth about $0.01 and shot up to $0.08 within days after that. I hate to break it to you, but there was no way to buy it for what you claim because before the exchange gave it a value it was basically worthless and nobody was buying or selling it, or even using it. it was still a side hobby for coders. Even if you made a mistake and added 2 extra zeroes, this woul still mean you bought some in the few days after the pizza purchase when almost nobody had ever heard of bitcoin outside a tiny circle of nerds.

Last edited by: chupacabra on Jan. 24, 2018, 9:28 a.m., edited 4 times in total.
Jan. 24, 2018, 11:11 a.m.

I'm going to buy a cheap crypto currency within the next week, (not a huge amount). 
Feel lost on how to go about it but our super geek IT girl is going to show me the way, her and her posse are all over this stuff.
Just don't wanna look back like I did with the dot com stocks and say shit, should have thrown some money in.
It's all so cheap right now, buying now is the best time. If its fails, oh well.

Jan. 24, 2018, 11:36 a.m.

^Let us know what you buy and where - Ill chuck some bucks into the fire too fully expecting them to be worthless......but you never know!

Jan. 24, 2018, 11:42 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

McAfee is a totally crackers.  He will probably eat his dick regardless.

Well ... he does design solid, unassailable PC-protection software.  I mean, like, if slowing down your computer is your goal.

Jan. 24, 2018, 11:59 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

Well ... he does design solid, unassailable PC-protection software.  I mean, like, if slowing down your computer is your goal.

He got started scamming people into thinking they were vulnerable to viruses and then showing up to save the day.  He is hardly a trustworthy source of information.

Jan. 24, 2018, 1:05 p.m.

Posted by: Ddean

^Let us know what you buy and where - Ill chuck some bucks into the fire too fully expecting them to be worthless......but you never know!

When I get if figured out I will post the process on here.

Sites, which banks are allowing deposit direct into a crypto account etc.

And yes throw it away expecting nothing is the best plan.

Jan. 24, 2018, 6:19 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

I'm going to buy a cheap crypto currency within the next week, (not a huge amount). 
Feel lost on how to go about it but our super geek IT girl is going to show me the way, her and her posse are all over this stuff.
Just don't wanna look back like I did with the dot com stocks and say shit, should have thrown some money in.
It's all so cheap right now, buying now is the best time. If its fails, oh well.

Research offline wallets.

Ideally you have a stock build Ubuntu instance on a USB stick that houses your wallet.

Jan. 25, 2018, 4:26 a.m.

That's a bold prediction. Have you sold everything you own to buy them now?

Really? How did you buy it? When the first exchange opened bitcoin was $0.003. When the first purchase ever was made with Bitcoin not long after (the legendary pizza) it was worth about $0.01 and shot up to $0.08 within days after that. I hate to break it to you, but there was no way to buy it for what you claim because before the exchange gave it a value it was basically worthless and nobody was buying or selling it, or even using it. it was still a side hobby for coders. Even if you made a mistake and added 2 extra zeroes, this woul still mean you bought some in the few days after the pizza purchase when almost nobody had ever heard of bitcoin outside a tiny circle of nerds.

Ok so you're right. Specially about the tiny circle of nerds ;)

Jan. 25, 2018, 4:27 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

He got started scamming people into thinking they were vulnerable to viruses and then showing up to save the day.  He is hardly a trustworthy source of information.

What if he is or part of Satoshi?