bitcoin

Jan. 4, 2018, 4:38 p.m.

This was my quote from 2013 here on NSMB

"If you got in on the ground floor mining for Bitcoins when they first started with a standard gaming rig and 4 good ATI cards you would be a multimillionaire today with only the cost of the above rig and the Hydro to run it.

Today its almost impossible to mine with standard hardware as the hash rate has gotten so hard that only very specific hardware using ASIC chips will work. And they cost thousands of bucks per card and the return rate is almost NIL at this point.

"the guys making these cards are making a killing as a sucker is born every minute"

You want my take on this and how to possibly make some cash in a strange way.

Prediction time.

Forget bitcoins. In 1-2 years time the hash rate will be impossible due to the flood of all the ASIC mining rigs out. Think a very sharp bell curve and bitcoins are just nearing the top.

That is when people are going to start mining for Litecoins "if bitcoins is gold, then litecoins is the silver of this market".

You can get great returns using standard Nvidia, ATI gaming cards worth a few hundred and even transfer them to bitcoins if you wish. The cost of litecoins right now is very low right now but the minute the above happens with bitcoins and no one can mine them everyone is going to jump onto litecoins.

Then the price will jump. If you mined for them now you will be almost on the ground floor for that jump.

Profit? perhaps…

Very little risk mining litecoins at this point. Just your PC and the cost of Hydro."

20/20 eh?

Jan. 4, 2018, 6:18 p.m.

Any analyst worth their salt knows to wait until the speculative asset they shorted retrenches to at least 500% of their initial call.

Jan. 5, 2018, 8:57 a.m.

Posted by: Silk

This was my quote from 2013 here on NSMB

"If you got in on the ground floor mining for Bitcoins when they first started with a standard gaming rig and 4 good ATI cards you would be a multimillionaire today with only the cost of the above rig and the Hydro to run it.

Today its almost impossible to mine with standard hardware as the hash rate has gotten so hard that only very specific hardware using ASIC chips will work. And they cost thousands of bucks per card and the return rate is almost NIL at this point.

"the guys making these cards are making a killing as a sucker is born every minute"

You want my take on this and how to possibly make some cash in a strange way.

Prediction time.

Forget bitcoins. In 1-2 years time the hash rate will be impossible due to the flood of all the ASIC mining rigs out. Think a very sharp bell curve and bitcoins are just nearing the top.

That is when people are going to start mining for Litecoins "if bitcoins is gold, then litecoins is the silver of this market".

You can get great returns using standard Nvidia, ATI gaming cards worth a few hundred and even transfer them to bitcoins if you wish. The cost of litecoins right now is very low right now but the minute the above happens with bitcoins and no one can mine them everyone is going to jump onto litecoins.

Then the price will jump. If you mined for them now you will be almost on the ground floor for that jump.

Profit? perhaps…

Very little risk mining litecoins at this point. Just your PC and the cost of Hydro."

20/20 eh?

I remember you posting this and thinking it sounded about right.  A guy I work with (he used to post here as Silver) has a brother in law that got in early and he was pretty much out of mining by then due to cost.  Needless to say, he is apparently giving his 2 weeks notice this week after cashing out over Christmas.  Not sure if he did or not but    

I think you are wrong about block chains and alt currency though.  It will take a while yet to get to something that works, but there is a lot of potentials.  Bitcoin is no more of a scam than the stock market.

Jan. 7, 2018, 4:05 p.m.

I'm not sure why I posting this as I really don't know much about bitcoin, but I watch this guys Youtube channel for shits and giggles and stumbled upon this today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyPkWd3C-0Y

Jan. 11, 2018, 11:50 a.m.

Much like adding .com to your business name 20 years ago was a thing, coming up with any way to link yourself to blockchain technology is the new thing.

Kodak announces its own cryptocurrency and watches stock price skyrocket

It went up as much as 300%, but has since dropped to only 180% of the pre-announcement price.

Jan. 17, 2018, 9:46 a.m.

Dummies around the world are panicking as their get rich quick scheme is falling apart.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/17/cryptocurrency-sell-off-continues-as-bitcoin-ethereum-sink.html

Last edited by: chupacabra on Jan. 17, 2018, 9:47 a.m., edited 2 times in total.
Jan. 17, 2018, 10:26 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kqNBejeZHA

Jan. 17, 2018, 11:08 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Dummies around the world are panicking as their get rich quick scheme is falling apart.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/17/cryptocurrency-sell-off-continues-as-bitcoin-ethereum-sink.html

This whole thing looks like it was fixed. Skyrocketed thru the roof now it's being shorted.

If this starts to affect the ultra rich I have a feeling it will come to a grinding halt quick with regulations, although they are the ones who are going to prosper big time.  Leaving those who stretched themselves to get in recently to drive the price up may be getting screwed. We will see.....

Last edited by: bux-bux on Jan. 17, 2018, 11:09 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 18, 2018, 2:55 p.m.

Posted by: bux-bux

Posted by: chupacabra

This whole thing looks like it was fixed. Skyrocketed thru the roof now it's being shorted.

If this starts to affect the ultra rich I have a feeling it will come to a grinding halt quick with regulations, although they are the ones who are going to prosper big time.  Leaving those who stretched themselves to get in recently to drive the price up may be getting screwed. We will see.....

IMO, all markets are fixed to a degree.  I am sure there are a few exceptions, but I don't think many plutocrats are gambling big on crypto-currencies.  Sadly, I think we are watching a lot of regular people that bought the hype of Reddit, etc losing their vacation money or worse and a few weasels pumping and dumping and making off like bandits.  These currencies are still not being used as actual currency enough to gain any real value, so the risk was huge.  This is still just a sideshow.

Jan. 19, 2018, 10:19 p.m.

Alright, who was it...

http://www.news1130.com/2018/01/19/man-scammed-using-bitcoin-pay-taxes-rcmp/

Jan. 20, 2018, 3:09 a.m.

Google 'bitfinex tether'. Billions of US dollars that are being pumped into the cryptocurrency market as 'Tether' coins and supposedly backed by real dollars are most likely created out of thin air by a shady exchange.

Last edited by: [email protected] on Jan. 20, 2018, 3:09 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 22, 2018, 1:12 p.m.

Posted by: [email protected]

Google 'bitfinex tether'. Billions of US dollars that are being pumped into the cryptocurrency market as 'Tether' coins and supposedly backed by real dollars are most likely created out of thin air by a shady exchange.

Dodgy as hell.

Jan. 23, 2018, 1:44 p.m.

Korea just started taxing btc at 30% if I'm not mistaken.

Almost every drop precedes another run up. That was with the minority of people knowing about it.

So far, Mr. McAfee has been accurate about it. Now if McAfee is right about it hitting a million per coin by 2020 is another story.

When I predicted Bitcoin at $500,000 by the end of 2020, it used a model that predicted $5,000 at the end of 2017. BTC has accelerated much faster than my model assumptions. I now predict Bircoin at $1 million by the end of 2020. I will still eat my dick if wrong. pic.twitter.com/WVx3E71nyD

— John McAfee (@officialmcafee) November 29, 2017

Jan. 23, 2018, 2:04 p.m.

That's a bold prediction.  Have you sold everything you own to buy them now?

Jan. 23, 2018, 2:23 p.m.

McAfee is a totally crackers.  He will probably eat his dick regardless.