Bill 4 passes, money talks

March 28, 2014, 10:25 a.m.

Mountain bike protest in every bc park this summer. Multiple rides in garibaldi and Alice lake. Screw bc parks after this stupid bill passing. Maybe the user fees will disappear now that big money is involved.

Yep. There are a couple of routes in Strathcona that just opened up as far as I'm concerned. No reason why I can't share the trail if they can put pipelines in.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

March 28, 2014, 10:42 a.m.

Mountain bike protest in every bc park this summer. Multiple rides in garibaldi and Alice lake. Screw bc parks after this stupid bill passing. Maybe the user fees will disappear now that big money is involved.

I don't think this is the right approach. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the passing of a bill is entirely up to the government, and BC Parks had nothing to do with it. BC Parks operates on a shoe string budget and I beleive they've recently been subject to funding cuts. If anything, we need to be supporting BC Parks and telling the government that the population of the province cares about their parks and wants them protected.

Way back from the old school days of NSMB…

March 28, 2014, 11:27 a.m.

I don't think this is the right approach. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the passing of a bill is entirely up to the government, and BC Parks had nothing to do with it. BC Parks operates on a shoe string budget and I beleive they've recently been subject to funding cuts. If anything, we need to be supporting BC Parks and telling the government that the population of the province cares about their parks and wants them protected.

this, plus the other thing.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

March 28, 2014, 11:29 a.m.

Hey,while we're at it,how about the redesignation of a large part of the ALR to allow "other uses" released on the same day?

Who needs food anyways?

Canada is nothing but a Banana Republic.

“Find your place on the planet. Dig in, and take responsibility from there.”
? Gary Snyder

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

March 28, 2014, 11:36 a.m.

Yep. There are a couple of routes in Strathcona that just opened up as far as I'm concerned. No reason why I can't share the trail if they can put pipelines in.

That mine

Maybe the user fees will disappear now that big money is involved.

Which users fees?

Yup

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 28, 2014, 1:19 p.m.

Oh, that is some serious news. Actually I cannot understand how anyone with a properly functioning mind can pass anything like this? BC - the best place on earth for Business opportunities!? Sorry for the sarcasm - but this is beyond me.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

March 28, 2014, 1:53 p.m.

It did make me think about how the government's role is supposed to be doing what what is in the best interest of the country and what the general populace wants. This is neither, not by a long shot. So how do these things happen?

this seems like its becoming common at all levels of govt. The controls that used to keep industry in check are now controlled by industry, whether its interprovincial pipelines or just a new high-rise in your neighborhood.

Andrew Saxton is a douche but apparently wiki thinks thats not factual enough to keep on his wiki page

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 28, 2014, 1:59 p.m.

Saxton is a harper trained seal. Bark bark bark, clap clap clap.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 28, 2014, 4:24 p.m.

Gee, I wonder if there are any Parks in the way of a Mine or a Pipeline or two that have been in the works…:rolleyes:

March 29, 2014, 7:05 a.m.

Someone paid lots of money

March 30, 2014, 2:07 a.m.

this seems like its becoming common at all levels of govt. The controls that used to keep industry in check are now controlled by industry, whether its interprovincial pipelines or just a new high-rise in your neighborhood.

Andrew Saxton is a douche but apparently wiki thinks thats not factual enough to keep on his wiki page

This is off topic, but has the issue that you adresses in your post not always been around, just maybe not that noticeable? If we think along the lines of Vanderbuilt, and the like in the US, and Krupp and Thyssen in Germany in the 19th century I wonder if there has really been a time when big money did not have that much influence on the Parliaments and/or governing bodies.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

March 30, 2014, 9:58 a.m.

It's continued pandering to big business by the liberal party. Hey, I see no problem with logging, mining or oil as long as it's managed [HTML_REMOVED] done responsibly. That includes staying out of BC parks.

Thread killer

March 30, 2014, 10:38 a.m.

I'd love to see Christies off shore tax free account. She must be absolutely loaded from all these industry backhanders.

The vast majority of the Canadian public are apathetic morons who just vote on the appearance of the party leader. "Oh she looks nice" or "He seems like a nice man with his guitar and knitted sweater" etc. Meanwhile industry is running rampant through the place. I also blame the gutless media who rarely question or hold the government to account.

How many people even know this bill past?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 30, 2014, 1:27 p.m.

How many people even know this bill past?

it appears to be up to us to spread the word. I get regular emails from the provincial NDP and greens as to what is going on and what they oppose, but this never came across the radar screen.

edit,shit maybe they're in on it.

Pastor of Muppets

March 30, 2014, 11:41 p.m.

I also blame the gutless media who rarely question or hold the government to account.

When Senate appointments are on the line? Who can blame the media for falsifying news reports in favor of future Prime Ministers who will then appoint you a Senator and allow you to suckle from the tit of the Canadian Senate? Suckling is waaaaay better than reporting the facts.