Biking friends

April 19, 2004, 5:57 a.m.

OK Here is the Situation,
In January, I bought some stuff off a Biking Friend for a decent price. One of the items that I was sold was a HFX-9 Brake in Bad condition (looked good though). I spend a bit of $ to get it fixed (good as New -About 35$). By Feb It was on my bike, and I was riding it. In March The guy calls me up and it turns out he was selling it for a buddy and now buddy wants it back. So at this point, me being a REALLY nice guy.. I say ok. Go and buy myself a new set of Deore Hydros and put the HFX into a box waiting for the $ that I spent + the $ that I put into the brake.
Here is the problem. Its now Mid April, I am a bit short on $, and need the $ for the above brake. Do I keep the brake? I mean Money is money but finding new riding buddies….. well crap they are hard to come by in Edmonton. Either way, Any advise that you can give is appreciated.

April 19, 2004, 7:40 a.m.

Heh. If you made an agreement to hold it, hold it. Especially if it concerns a friend. I'd just give him a ring to see what's up and explain you'd like to get the thing out of the door and your money back.

::Team Pancake Pride::
::Team Nice BMX::

April 19, 2004, 7:56 a.m.

I also said that I would only hold till he got a job (he got one 2 weeks ago friday was his payday) I talked to him on Sunday as well.
Crap.. I will just Hold it.. lol

April 19, 2004, 8:04 a.m.

Tell him your situation and if he doesn't seem to be forthcoming with money let him know your plans to sell the brakes. I don't think you are obligated to him beyond that…

Goin' Down?

April 19, 2004, 11 a.m.

you have to change your name is what you have to do, loopy(ie) is already taken.

If you don't like my fire, then don't come around, 'cause I'm gunna burn one down - Ben Harper

April 20, 2004, 10:53 a.m.

I thought this was Loopie from Kamloops and got really confused. Give the guy a call, ask what the situation is, tell him yours and go from there.

:scotland: El Presidente

April 20, 2004, 3:09 p.m.

dont give back the brake, or do and get money!

Originally posted by ReCkLeSs RiDeR

Good Job Al.:) **

April 20, 2004, 9:30 p.m.

huh, funny I'm in the same boat sort of… I had put down 100.00 buck ofr a frame, now with work being non-exsistant, I have to e-mail the guy and basically ask for my 1hun back and tell him that his frame is clean and ready to pick up at Atomic. For me the solution is simple I have to give it back cause I do not think that it's fair for the seller to be waiting around. So I'm giving it back.

But as for you… I would call him.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/