Bike friendly craft brewpubs

June 21, 2020, 1:47 p.m.

both craft brew are on town streets with wide sidewalks but there are  lots of bike racks in this town cuz they ordered bike racks but the supplier fucks up the order, sends not what was ordered so the town keeps those racks, the supplier redoes the order and we end up with twice as many bike racks for the same price.

you would not believe how many average citizens were pissed off about spending money on bike racks, so they got pissed off at mayor Bachrach and started calling him mayor BikeRack

Last edited by: XXX_er on June 21, 2020, 1:50 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
June 21, 2020, 1:55 p.m.

Send mayor bike-rack. We’ll take him.

June 21, 2020, 2:27 p.m.

If he wasnt driving an E-car Taylor liked them funky commuter bikes, a cargo bike, a nomad,  he would ride these things around town wearing really dapper suits and a white helmet  which I am sure  drove the mouth-breathers  crazy, in any case T is history cuz he has hit the big time ... MP for Bulkley/ Stikine

June 21, 2020, 9:28 p.m.

Posted by: heckler

@offtherailbeer now has a three table street patio with seats right next to the bike racks.   

Bomber has a similar setup now... several tables next to where the food truck sets up.

June 21, 2020, 10:39 p.m.

Rode past House of Funk, Beere and North Point earlier today and all had "patios" where you could sit outside and keep an eye of your bike...

(Beere have enlarged their patio)

June 23, 2020, 10:30 a.m.

R&B in east van has a patio but it is pretty small. I live in Mount Pleasant and would not leave a nice road/mountain bike locked up while having a beer anywhere around here. Even with a lock requiring an angle grinder I wouldn't put it past someone to make an attempt on it, there are lots of "pro" bike thief junkies roaming the streets here. Parkside in Port Moody isn't my favourite (much prefer Twin Sails) but they have a patio and giant windows so if you can snag parking in visual range and lock your bike to your rack with a real lock, you have time to run out and stop any attempts.

June 27, 2020, 7:55 p.m.

East Van Brewing now has a patio on the street. Their beer isn't my favorite, but the patio looked pretty nice.

June 28, 2020, 8:15 p.m.

Has anyone suggested crispy bois by The Dumpsters?

July 10, 2020, 6:37 a.m.

Posted by: SixZeroSixOne

I also want to try Port Moody but not a fan of the Barnett Hwy. I guess there's always the SkyTrain if I drink too much...😉

Unless you are on a skinny tire bike, gravel paths can be followed all the way to Fraser Mills Fermentation co, who have confirmed they have a bike rack out front their large windows.

From 2nd Narrows, ride the TCT trail through Montrose Park, Penzance Dr, Scenic Park, neighbourhood over to Drummonds Walk Urban trail.

Cross Barnet at Velodrome, and find the Velodrome trail behind the drome. Trail to Mountain Air, keep going along the powerline to Suncor, then cross Barnet to the north. From there, single track trail leads you past Reed Point Marina and comes out on Short St. just a few blocks from the breweries! All trail, with two lighted intersections to cross the hwy.

Doing this ride today from North Van. May go do a lap of Buntzen before having a beer. Looks like on trailforks there is a bunch of trails that link up to the lake. Any advice on best route to Buntzen?

Last edited by: Brocklanders on July 10, 2020, 6:46 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 11, 2020, 1:18 a.m.

Strangefellows now has a patio too.

July 11, 2020, 12:38 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

I also want to try Port Moody but not a fan of the Barnett Hwy. I guess there's always the SkyTrain if I drink too much...😉

Unless you are on a skinny tire bike, gravel paths can be followed all the way to Fraser Mills Fermentation co, who have confirmed they have a bike rack out front their large windows.

From 2nd Narrows, ride the TCT trail through Montrose Park, Penzance Dr, Scenic Park, neighbourhood over to Drummonds Walk Urban trail.

Cross Barnet at Velodrome, and find the Velodrome trail behind the drome. Trail to Mountain Air, keep going along the powerline to Suncor, then cross Barnet to the north. From there, single track trail leads you past Reed Point Marina and comes out on Short St. just a few blocks from the breweries! All trail, with two lighted intersections to cross the hwy.

Doing this ride today from North Van. May go do a lap of Buntzen before having a beer. Looks like on trailforks there is a bunch of trails that link up to the lake. Any advice on best route to Buntzen?

i only know the trails in the opposite direction, starting at Mountain Ayre lane, the go down to the water from there. You probably want to ride up Bert Flynn gravel loop.  East Rd and Sunnyside are nice backroads, but might be heavy traffic on the weekend.

Last edited by: heckler on July 11, 2020, 12:39 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 11, 2020, 3:51 p.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

i only know the trails in the opposite direction, starting at Mountain Ayre lane, the go down to the water from there. You probably want to ride up Bert Flynn gravel loop.  East Rd and Sunnyside are nice backroads, but might be heavy traffic on the weekend.

Did the ride yesterday. Was a great ride, thx for route info. Had one too many beers in Port Moody so the ride back was a bit challenging for the first bit until my legs started cooperating. 😂