Bike advice...

July 31, 2006, 1:30 p.m.

so i looking at gettin a street bike…most likely used. but i dont really know what to look for in a beginner bike, im looking for somthing that looks sporty…not one of those gay looking touring bike or whatever…what kinda dough am i going to be looking at, what brands to looks for or stay away from. ive kinda been told that a mid size bike would be best for me, becasue im not like a small guy…ive ridden bikes before, just not on the street…(legally) so ya. i know theres a few guys on here who have bikes, so i was hoping somone could give me some pointers…

:speakenglish: :werd:

July 31, 2006, 1:48 p.m.

I was in this pickle a while back….

Dont get one, it'll be your deathbed.

July 31, 2006, 2:54 p.m.

so i looking at gettin a street bike…most likely used. but i dont really know what to look for in a beginner bike, im looking for somthing that looks sporty…not one of those gay looking touring bike or whatever…what kinda dough am i going to be looking at, what brands to looks for or stay away from. ive kinda been told that a mid size bike would be best for me, becasue im not like a small guy…ive ridden bikes before, just not on the street…(legally) so ya. i know theres a few guys on here who have bikes, so i was hoping somone could give me some pointers…

• Take the Motorcycle Safety Foundation Course (MSF).
    There might be a waiting list. Costs vary depending on where you are. If you need to be put on a waiting list, SIGN UP. People cancel often, and you move up fairly quickly. In some cases, you can visit the center and jump right into an open spot.
  • Don't come on here asking about a Gixxer, TL, R6, 600RR or any other kind of SuperSport bike, or you will be flamed. Start small, and work your way up. Faster bikes are less forgiving to mistakes.
    *Unless you're rich, don't buy a new bike. You will lay it down. It doesn't matter when, it will happen. Best not to have to buy a new set of fairings a few months after dropping ~$8000 on a new bike.
  • If you want to ride to look good, or be like those in Torque/Biker Boyz, don't even bother. If you refuse to ride a bike, or hold off on buying one that is at your skill level only because of how it looks, then you're nothing but a poser. Bikes are for riding, not standing next to.
  • Don't be a squid. Nobody gives a fuck how fast you can weave through traffic, or that you won't wear proper gear. Die sooner and save us the scar on the already hurting reputation of bikers.
  • It doesn't matter what you ride. Bashing another's bike just because they have a different taste is not cool.

As for what you need in regards to a bike check out http://www.beginnerbikers.org

Your sig is SOO SICK BRO! Man look at all that crazy shit!!!! BLOOD!!

July 31, 2006, 3 p.m.

Kampton, you just elevated yourself to "awesome" in my books.
where's that quote from?

Trucks and Guns.

July 31, 2006, 3:03 p.m.

this is different bike related crap

~To Master The Art Of Flying Is To Throw Yourself At The Ground And Miss~
[email protected]

PSP FOR SALE

July 31, 2006, 3:04 p.m.

this is different bike related crap

^haha i realized that after i posted so i deleted my post :D

July 31, 2006, 4:50 p.m.

i plan on taking a course in penticton, its the bike that im kinda thinking about? what kind of bike would you suggest, keep in mind im on a bit of a budjet and will still need to buy the porper gear and such.

:speakenglish: :werd:

July 31, 2006, 6:43 p.m.

Kampton, you just elevated yourself to "awesome" in my books.
where's that quote from?

Guy on another board I frequent. He made a "Noobie" thread as they were tired of having every single person asking if they should get an R1 or a Hayabusa.

July 31, 2006, 6:45 p.m.

An older Ninja 500r or 250r would be a great bike to start on and keep you amused while still allowing you to build up your skills

Heres some other bikes you could look into

• Kawasaki KLR650 (good dual sport)
  • Kawasaki EX-250 (aka Ninja 250) (good beginner sportbike)
  • Honda Nighthawk/Rebel (standard)
  • Suzuki GZ250 (standard)
  • Suzuki GS500E/GS500F
  • Kawasaki Ninja 500R
  • Hyosung GT250
  • Yamaha Virago 535 (I find this one goes overlooked often)
  • Kawasaki KLR250
  • BMW F650/F650GS/F650CS
  • Aprilia Pegaso 650 (same as BMW F650)
  • Buell Blast
  • Kawasaki Eliminator 125 (if you don't need highway capability)
  • Kawasaki Eliminator 250 (a rare one - basically a small cruiser with a Ninja 250 motor - a damned shame they don't make these anymore!)
  • Yamaha Virago 250
  • Honda Rebel 450 (another cult bike that should have never gone out of production)
  • Honda VTR250 (very cool V-Twin, 250cc alternative to the Ninja 250, though, are quite rare)

July 31, 2006, 6:54 p.m.

The first street bike I rode was an RZ 350….I dont know how many of them there are around nowadays,but they're light,cheap and still pack a little punch for a beginner…

Pastor of Muppets

July 31, 2006, 8:14 p.m.

If i ever get a bike, it will be this

F 650 GS

it would be good begginer bike (i think) and it would be something i could keep for a long long time. I dream of taking road trips on that thing. :drool:

thinkin bout bikes

July 31, 2006, 8:20 p.m.

Ever consider a Suzuki DRZ400? Its a nice dual sport, pretty close to being a real Super Moto bike and its about the easiest thing to learn on. Lots of low end power too. And with an extra set of wheels you can take it on some mild trails.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/DRZ400SMK7/Default.aspx

July 31, 2006, 8:42 p.m.

Ever consider a Suzuki DRZ400? Its a nice dual sport, pretty close to being a real Super Moto bike and its about the easiest thing to learn on. Lots of low end power too. And with an extra set of wheels you can take it on some mild trails.

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/DRZ400SMK7/Default.aspx

supermoto bikes own!

send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School…and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.

EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!

July 31, 2006, 9:38 p.m.

supermoto bikes own!

Not really, I wouldn't want to have to ride motard to the IGA

You should start with something small. Seems to me like your not really old enough to ride a bike anyways, Because you can't capitalise or even use "…" correctly.

July 31, 2006, 10:10 p.m.

Read

http://bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45571
http://bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59776
http://bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11294

I started on a ninja500.. it was a hoot and had plenty of power for a noob (faster than most cars on the road)

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.