Big OHL hit

Nov. 6, 2009, 3:57 p.m.

This is the best part of the quote.

Too good. :D So you are all a bunch of experts on the matter of head injury now? :D

I guess some just plain don't like it when their view of the world is challenged.

:rolleyes:
well actually, since I actually have had one or two or three, yeah i might know a thing or two about them. ;)

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

Nov. 6, 2009, 4 p.m.

well actually, since I actually have had one or two or three, yeah i might know a thing or two about them. ;)

this explains why you are an oilers fan. lol.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Nov. 6, 2009, 4:01 p.m.

A mountain biker who has had a head injury?

You are a rare breed.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Nov. 6, 2009, 4:03 p.m.

Oh, and I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I guess rep is the new neg rep.

***Disclaimer: this post is in no way, shape, or form intended to insult anybody, anything, any animal, any lifeform, or non lifeform, or otherwise, of any kind.

Nov. 6, 2009, 4:48 p.m.

Again, you're guessing. You have no idea, because there is no side-by-side comparison. How do you know what effect having a helmet stay on his noggin would have had if the event never happened?

And you're not a physicist.

Or a neurologist.

What you are is a donkey's ballsack.

i've seen an report on how helmets are tested and what their effectiveness is. cbc did a report a number of years ago on just such a thing. the reason that helemts don't offer more protection is becuase they are maufactured according to the standards set out by the CSA and those standards are woefully inadequete. helmets are designed to do one thing, protect a player from a direct impact to the top of the head. if you had read the link i posted you'd begin to get an idea of this.

if you're so sure that they are effective for side ways crushing forces why not do a test yourself? get your kid to put on a hockey helmet and lay down on his side so you can jump on the side of his head and see how safe that helmet really is. then report back to us.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 6, 2009, 5:09 p.m.

if you're so sure that they are effective for side ways crushing forces why not do a test yourself? get your kid to put on a hockey helmet and lay down on his side so you can jump on the side of his head and see how safe that helmet really is. then report back to us.

Wow.

Nov. 6, 2009, 5:34 p.m.

Wow.

i said that to bring home the point of how little protection helmets offer in sideways collisions. i know you wouldn't even think of doing that. hell i wouldn't even get you to put on a helmet so i could test it out like that.

that's the type of impact fanelli had to deal with and i'm trying to show that his helmet would in all likelyhood not have prevented the fractured skull.

i'm trying to see if i can find that tv report i was talking about so you can see for yourself what the testers found out.

edit

it's from jan 2000

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Nov. 6, 2009, 5:37 p.m.

here's someminteresting reading

http://books.google.ca/books?id=AiLbZcs3anAC[HTML_REMOVED]pg=PA123[HTML_REMOVED]lpg=PA123[HTML_REMOVED]dq=cbc+report+on+hockey+helmets[HTML_REMOVED]source=bl[HTML_REMOVED]ots=cJbzT4P6Vm[HTML_REMOVED]sig=bucvMbwh2Un4RPR5rkPs9x0kjfo[HTML_REMOVED]hl=en[HTML_REMOVED]ei=EM_0Sqi4Cs7rlAfk58jxCg[HTML_REMOVED]sa=X[HTML_REMOVED]oi=book_result[HTML_REMOVED]ct=result[HTML_REMOVED]resnum=4[HTML_REMOVED]ved=0CBEQ6AEwAzgK#v=onepage[HTML_REMOVED]q=[HTML_REMOVED]f=false

Ellen Langer

Nov. 6, 2009, 6:26 p.m.

this explains why you are an oilers fan. lol.

i thought you said it was because i'm the french.

Nov. 6, 2009, 6:36 p.m.

Oh, and I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I guess rep is the new neg rep.

you didn't hurt my feelings, you keep going on and on about how unfair it is, and this kid is being made a scapegoat, and you know better than the rest of us what happens when someone gets whacked on the noggin, how to check, how to take a check, how to wipe my hairy ass etc etc. i asked you to man up and tell us what makes YOU such an expert and why the hell should we accept what you say, oh wait, you heard some blowhard sports reporter say how it is so that's the gospel halleluja cut the f**kin cheese…. I told you I played in at the Jr. level and my first head injury was long before i started riding mountain bikes btw. in fact i haven't had anywhere near as serious an injury since i started riding than when i was playing hockey. now if you'll excuse me my kid has a fever of 102 and just hacked up what appears to be a lungful so catch you all later.

Nov. 6, 2009, 6:52 p.m.

you'd have to think the owners would be all over 4 on 4 play. they'd still get the same revenues but their costs would be lower, prolly scrub anywhere from 2-6 mill off the payroll.

NHLPA? Not so much eh? :lol:

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

Nov. 6, 2009, 7:06 p.m.

you didn't hurt my feelings, you keep going on and on about how unfair it is, and this kid is being made a scapegoat, and you know better than the rest of us what happens when someone gets whacked on the noggin, how to check, how to take a check, how to wipe my hairy ass etc etc. i asked you to man up and tell us what makes YOU such an expert and why the hell should we accept what you say, oh wait, you heard some blowhard sports reporter say how it is so that's the gospel halleluja cut the f**kin cheese…. I told you I played in at the Jr. level and my first head injury was long before i started riding mountain bikes btw. in fact i haven't had anywhere near as serious an injury since i started riding than when i was playing hockey. now if you'll excuse me my kid has a fever of 102 and just hacked up what appears to be a lungful so catch you all later.

Nothing…the same as you. I'm a hack on the internet debating with another hack. Unless you actually have the letters PHD beside your name, you are a hack with no credentials either.

You've had a head injury or three. Big deal. Join the club. Because I've had concussions in the past doesn't make me any more of less an "expert" with "credentials" than you.

Seriously man…time to let it go.

Nov. 6, 2009, 7:09 p.m.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"