Biden/Harris

Jan. 21, 2021, 10:32 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Video unavailable

Fortunate for you.  More stupidity from Fox News.

Jan. 22, 2021, 8:58 a.m.

Did someone file a motion to impeach Biden?

Jan. 22, 2021, 10:03 a.m.

McConnell being a cunt. Again. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-21/mcconnell-threatens-senate-s-unity-kickoff-over-filibuster-fears

Jan. 22, 2021, 10:28 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

No one credible.

Jan. 22, 2021, 3:15 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

No one credible.

And with how good Bidens doing in the media, I highly doubt it'll get much air time.

Jan. 22, 2021, 3:54 p.m.

I’m sure Marjories twitter will be reinstated soon and you can get all the Q-affiliated congressperson info you thirst for.  Trust the plan.

Jan. 22, 2021, 4:08 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Posted by: chupacabra

Well, what the essay points out is that Biden has a habit of bald face lying so I guess that's reassuring if only for the continuity, eh?

Posted by: FLATCH

Sorry, but it's true... https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/01/20/if-you-miss-donald-trump-youll-love-joe-biden/

Lost me at revolutionizing campaigning , total crock of shit. He had rallies from one side of the country to the other. Lying and spewing bullshit all the way. It doesn’t get anymore old school than that.

Yes he did, but nobody used social media, certainly not Biden, as trump did.

Stacey Abrams revolutionized campaigning, Trump just tweeted from the toilet. I really hope that combining propaganda with a campaign is not a revolution.

CP is so full of revisionist horseshit, and now that we are aware that you have been around since the Alamo I know you know better.  These progressive sites loves to make Biden into Jim Crow with the 1994 crime bill, but that is simply not the case.  You know this, and so does CP, but you keep on with the lie.  Not only was it supported by most blacks in 1994 because crack and crime were rampant, it also isn't the main cause of the current massive prison population which is almost entirely in state prisons. All if this is easy to prove, you just don't want to hear it.  

Representative James Clyburn of South Carolina, who as House majority whip is the highest-ranking black member of Congress, voted for the crime bill, and he made the same point in vivid terms. In his first congressional race, in 1992, Clyburn once explained to an audience in the historic black enclave of Atlantic Beach that he opposed mandatory minimum prison sentences, which would become a feature of the 1994 legislation. “Those people darn near lynched me in that meeting, and there wasn’t a single white person in the room,” Clyburn told me. “The atmosphere back then—the scourge of crack cocaine and what it was doing in these African American communities—they were all for getting this out of their community.”

+You're just wrong. Or willfully blind.

Biden worked tirelessly, over several decades, to make America’s (profoundly racist) criminal-justice system more punitive than any other advanced democracy’s.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/joe-biden-record-on-busing-incarceration-racial-justice-democratic-primary-2020-explained.html

And then there was the time he said was head-of-class-grad. Lie. And then the plagiarizing. Neil Kinnock for one. And in law school.

The crime bill was widely supported in 1994.  I am 100% correct.  When you read CP it makes it sound like a bunch of crackers in white robes were behind it.  It is rotting your brain.

Jan. 22, 2021, 4:21 p.m.

Now if only he would admit that it was flawed and come up with a way to correct its problems. 

Oh yeah. He has. Hmmmmmm.

Jan. 22, 2021, 7 p.m.

Well, what the essay points out is that Biden has a habit of bald face lying so I guess that's reassuring if only for the continuity, eh?

Posted by: FLATCH

Sorry, but it's true... https://www.counterpunch.org/2021/01/20/if-you-miss-donald-trump-youll-love-joe-biden/

Lost me at revolutionizing campaigning , total crock of shit. He had rallies from one side of the country to the other. Lying and spewing bullshit all the way. It doesn’t get anymore old school than that.

Yes he did, but nobody used social media, certainly not Biden, as trump did.

Stacey Abrams revolutionized campaigning, Trump just tweeted from the toilet. I really hope that combining propaganda with a campaign is not a revolution.

CP is so full of revisionist horseshit, and now that we are aware that you have been around since the Alamo I know you know better.  These progressive sites loves to make Biden into Jim Crow with the 1994 crime bill, but that is simply not the case.  You know this, and so does CP, but you keep on with the lie.  Not only was it supported by most blacks in 1994 because crack and crime were rampant, it also isn't the main cause of the current massive prison population which is almost entirely in state prisons. All if this is easy to prove, you just don't want to hear it.  

Representative James Clyburn of South Carolina, who as House majority whip is the highest-ranking black member of Congress, voted for the crime bill, and he made the same point in vivid terms. In his first congressional race, in 1992, Clyburn once explained to an audience in the historic black enclave of Atlantic Beach that he opposed mandatory minimum prison sentences, which would become a feature of the 1994 legislation. “Those people darn near lynched me in that meeting, and there wasn’t a single white person in the room,” Clyburn told me. “The atmosphere back then—the scourge of crack cocaine and what it was doing in these African American communities—they were all for getting this out of their community.”

+You're just wrong. Or willfully blind.

Biden worked tirelessly, over several decades, to make America’s (profoundly racist) criminal-justice system more punitive than any other advanced democracy’s.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/03/joe-biden-record-on-busing-incarceration-racial-justice-democratic-primary-2020-explained.html

And then there was the time he said was head-of-class-grad. Lie. And then the plagiarizing. Neil Kinnock for one. And in law school.

The crime bill was widely supported in 1994.  I am 100% correct.  When you read CP it makes it sound like a bunch of crackers in white robes were behind it.  It is rotting your brain.

People were widely duped. Doesn't make it right. Biden's filthy prints are all over it making it, like most of what he did as a 40yr swamp critter, wrong.

Ted rall nailed, it NYMag expanded on those truths. 

You're backing the wrong pony. Boo hoo.

Jan. 25, 2021, 9:16 a.m.

You're backing the wrong pony. Boo hoo.

In the choice between the Trump pony and the Biden pony I wholeheartedly supported Biden.  And that is it.  You have this annoying habit of making us all into an easy target by pretending we all campaigned for whoever the Democrat is just because we don't buy all the dumb shit you promote (and some not dumb).  We discussed all the candidates in the primaries.  Did anyone on this forum say "Biden is my first choice."?  Second?  Third?  He was and still is the "Fuck it, we'll take him." candidate for a lot of people because Trump was such a cancer.  I heard someone say over the weekend that Biden Mr. Magooed his way into the White House and that is pretty accurate.

You still backing Jill Stein?  LOL  Who knows, because it is so much easier for you to argue from a position where we don't get to choose who we support since we are all obviously American Democrats and must clearly love their choice, but you on the other hand can change your tune based on the latest CounterPunch story.  All whining and nothing more.

At least we know your thoughts on the 94 crime bill,  Blacks supported it because they are easily duped,  Got it.

Jan. 25, 2021, 10:17 a.m.

You still backing Jill Stein? 

At least we know your thoughts on the 94 crime bill,  Blacks supported it because they are easily duped,  Got it.

Howie Hawkins.

Don't put words in my mouth, sunny jim. I said "people" were duped and I resent your implication that I'm racist.   

Fwiw I voted for the doddering old doofus, turns out I needn't have bothered.

From now on I will only vote down ticket, and only if there's reason.

This last, ongoing, Presidential election idiocy—we have been instructed— is one of supreme, indeed, unparalleled importance. On the outcome, the fate of our “democracy” depends, we’re told. Its result will save or sink us, is the cry from both factions. The fact is that neither will do anything but accelerate the process of our implosion and devolution. The notion that either of these grotesques od the farcical, juvenile, Mad Hatter Parties that offered them up to a blithered automaton electorate could make an iota of difference in the vector or velocity of our catastrophe is beyond absurd.

There will be no “coming together”; no “healing of wounds”. No “long, national nightmare” will be over. The lesions that unrestrained Capitalism has inflicted and left raw and festering on the body politic are not healable, and are fatal. The abject lunacy with which it has inseminated the insect brain of the American people will not abate and is not educationally or psychologically treatable. The emotional and cognitive confusion and incapacity that relentless subjection to poisoning by the virulently noxious propaganda of Capitalism cannot now be reversed or diluted.

The end of the pathetic, ridiculous stalemate will come and another set of dimwitted, visionless imperial maniacs and hysterics will assume their positions. One vacuous moral cripple will assemble his cadre of clowns and jesters and, facing a bifurcated Congress almost entirely composed of loons, throwbacks, hicks, and flimflam men, will do his damndest to take us hurtling down the fast lane to chaos and dissolution.

A hundred years ago, the poet Robinson Jeffers wrote a heartbroken love letter to his country. He called it, “Shine, Perishing Republic”. It has taken this long for his worst fears to come to full fruition. He wept to foresee it: it remains for us to live it.

Jan. 25, 2021, 11:18 a.m.

You still backing Jill Stein?

At least we know your thoughts on the 94 crime bill, Blacks supported it because they are easily duped, Got it.

Howie Hawkins.

Don't put words in my mouth, sunny jim. I said "people" were duped and I resent your implication that I'm racist.

Fwiw I voted for the doddering old doofus, turns out I needn't have bothered.

From now on I will only vote down ticket, and only if there's reason.

This last, ongoing, Presidential election idiocy—we have been instructed— is one of supreme, indeed, unparalleled importance. On the outcome, the fate of our “democracy” depends, we’re told. Its result will save or sink us, is the cry from both factions. The fact is that neither will do anything but accelerate the process of our implosion and devolution. The notion that either of these grotesques od the farcical, juvenile, Mad Hatter Parties that offered them up to a blithered automaton electorate could make an iota of difference in the vector or velocity of our catastrophe is beyond absurd.

There will be no “coming together”; no “healing of wounds”. No “long, national nightmare” will be over. The lesions that unrestrained Capitalism has inflicted and left raw and festering on the body politic are not healable, and are fatal. The abject lunacy with which it has inseminated the insect brain of the American people will not abate and is not educationally or psychologically treatable. The emotional and cognitive confusion and incapacity that relentless subjection to poisoning by the virulently noxious propaganda of Capitalism cannot now be reversed or diluted.

The end of the pathetic, ridiculous stalemate will come and another set of dimwitted, visionless imperial maniacs and hysterics will assume their positions. One vacuous moral cripple will assemble his cadre of clowns and jesters and, facing a bifurcated Congress almost entirely composed of loons, throwbacks, hicks, and flimflam men, will do his damndest to take us hurtling down the fast lane to chaos and dissolution.

A hundred years ago, the poet Robinson Jeffers wrote a heartbroken love letter to his country. He called it, “Shine, Perishing Republic”. It has taken this long for his worst fears to come to full fruition. He wept to foresee it: it remains for us to live it.

58% of blacks supported the bill including many prominent leaders and the mayors of the most affected cities as crime was rampant. Only 49% of whites supported it.

I don't think you are racist, I just think you will come up with almost anything to double down on the claims you make after I prove them false. Ironically in this case your zeal to make the case that Biden is not just racist, but has spent his career coming up with racist legislation, you have decided to ignore the opinions of blacks at the time.

EDIT:  How did I not figure out that you an old timer after years of being called "Sunny Jim"??

Last edited by: chupacabra on Jan. 25, 2021, 11:20 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 25, 2021, 12:55 p.m.

Sanders lost.  It's old, old news.  Move on.

Jan. 25, 2021, 4:23 p.m.

lol this thread is more Trump as opposed to Biden.

Jan. 25, 2021, 4:24 p.m.

Posted by: tashi

Now if only he would admit that it was flawed and come up with a way to correct its problems. 

Oh yeah. He has. Hmmmmmm.