best pizza in downtown

Sept. 4, 2013, 9:21 p.m.

Raven is probably my favorite on the shore.
No opinions on Vancouver.

Sept. 4, 2013, 10:28 p.m.

I like Me [HTML_REMOVED] Eds in Burnaby. It's too expensive though.

I was bummed when the North Van location shut down, I love their Gangster.

My go to pizza these days is a Raven Special with anchovies.

Goldies at Pender [HTML_REMOVED] Seymour is good for a slice on the go.

I've had some good pizza at various places on Commercial.

Sept. 4, 2013, 10:38 p.m.

Holy fuck, you fucking racist fucks. I hope you all die in a fire!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 4, 2013, 10:49 p.m.

^ you and Duke cuddling again tonight?

Sept. 4, 2013, 10:54 p.m.

Naw brah.

Just felt like adding that in with the general direction this place has taken.

You tagging brah?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 4, 2013, 10:55 p.m.

Holy fuck, you fucking racist fucks. I hope you all die in a fire!

Wait a minute, Italians don't got red hair. They're dark and swarthy. And hairy too. Just look at the upper lip on their women.

I've had good and bad from Uncle Fattys.
I stopped ordering from Sunrise when I watched the topping on one of their slices slide off the crust on an oil slick.
I've figured out that best pizza comes from Tracadero on weeknights when they're not rushed.
Back in the day the hands down best came from Sympatico on west 4th when the owner Minoli Darokas was still in the kitchen.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 4, 2013, 11:01 p.m.

Marcellos on Commercial. Haven't gotten around to trying Via Tevere, which I've heard is good.

Lombardos on Commercial (in Il Mercato) is good too. Ex spouse of the owner of Marcellos.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 5, 2013, 1:53 p.m.

Okay NSMB. You've pushed me enough. I'll start a website!

Sept. 5, 2013, 2:12 p.m.

You see Italians all over the place in Toronto but I rarely see any here… Go to Woodbridge, just north of Toronto (near Wonderland) - it's like 90% Italian.

North Burnaby (Burnaby Heights, past Hastings and Burnaby) has a pretty good-size Italian community with Italian businesses. But it is getting older and older as the kids move further out to the suburbs. And yes - I agree that pizza generally sucks (ie mostly fast food quality) in the Vancouver area.

Sept. 5, 2013, 2:15 p.m.

not downtown but deep cove pizza is good

Sept. 5, 2013, 4:03 p.m.

You see Italians all over the place in Toronto but I rarely see any here… Go to Woodbridge, just north of Toronto (near Wonderland) - it's like 90% Italian.

Not going to disagree with you here!

Here are the stats:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Canadians

Metro Vancouver 76,525
Greater Toronto Area 467,015

It seems to me that Vancouver has 10x the number of Iranians (north van) than actual Italians.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Sept. 5, 2013, 4:22 p.m.

Via Tevere on Victoria Drive in Vancouver is the best pizza I have had in town. It also has a great atmsphere in the restaurant, decent prices and is located in a pleasant neighbourhood. I would highly recommend the place.

Then again, sometimes when I'm drunk, $1 slice pizza tastes amazingly good. But Via Tevere thin crust is amazing all the time.

How long does it usually take to get in to Via Tevere? I've never bothered cause theres so many people waiting outside.

Sept. 5, 2013, 4:23 p.m.

Lombardo's is very good. Have not been to Marcello's.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Sept. 5, 2013, 4:49 p.m.

Has anyone mentioned Andreas pizza yet?

Sept. 5, 2013, 5:14 p.m.

I remember when McD's had pizza. Now that was some good pizza.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"