best pizza in downtown

Sept. 4, 2013, 5:55 p.m.

A few years ago I saw a website run by a guy in NYC. He was photographing and reviewing every single takeout pizza place in the city. When I saw his site he was doing one per day and was up to 450+ locations.

In the opinion of nsmb where is the best in Vancouver? I'll put in a vote for the "2001" which is at Richards/pender, they recently opened another one with the same quality on Robson across the street from the library.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Sept. 4, 2013, 6:16 p.m.

Via Tevere on Victoria Drive in Vancouver is the best pizza I have had in town. It also has a great atmsphere in the restaurant, decent prices and is located in a pleasant neighbourhood. I would highly recommend the place.

Then again, sometimes when I'm drunk, $1 slice pizza tastes amazingly good. But Via Tevere thin crust is amazing all the time.

Sept. 4, 2013, 6:20 p.m.

I like Me [HTML_REMOVED] Eds in Burnaby. It's too expensive though.

Sept. 4, 2013, 6:23 p.m.

Not sure about downtown, but the best in Langley is Jim's Pizza.

Originally posted by Purecanadianhoney
I don't see how hard it would be to scrape out the head of your cock once in a while.

Sept. 4, 2013, 6:44 p.m.

I had Jim's pizza at a friends house lately - it was bloody awesome.

Sept. 4, 2013, 6:45 p.m.

I'll put in a vote for the "2001" which is at Richards/pender, they recently opened another one with the same quality on Robson across the street from the library.

Whenever I drive by that place I think of my ex g/f's soiled panties.

And the last time I had a piece of their pizza the quality was just, sad.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Sept. 4, 2013, 7:08 p.m.

is angelos still around? nothing beat that pizza to kick a hangovers ass.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Sept. 4, 2013, 7:25 p.m.

Via Tevere on Victoria Drive in Vancouver is the best pizza I have had in town. It also has a great atmsphere in the restaurant, decent prices and is located in a pleasant neighbourhood. I would highly recommend the place.

Then again, sometimes when I'm drunk, $1 slice pizza tastes amazingly good. But Via Tevere thin crust is amazing all the time.

[xxx'er]

oddly enough when that building was for sale i almost bought it with a friend of mine and i was going to turn one of the lower units into a pie joint.

[/xxx'er]

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Sept. 4, 2013, 7:26 p.m.

Not trying to be a Toronto douche… but I moved here from Toronto 2 years ago and one of the main differences between the two cities that I noticed is that Vancouver doesn't have good pizza. There also don't seem to be any Italians here either, which is likely the root of the problem. I'm referring more to fast food type pizza where you go in and buy a ready-made slice for $3-$5. Nat's is decent but not a good value for the price.

Sept. 4, 2013, 7:53 p.m.

Vancouver doesn't have good pizza. There also don't seem to be any Italians here either

I think Van came out ahead in that trade.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Sept. 4, 2013, 8 p.m.

It may not be the best, but it is good and this place is Uncle Fatih's.

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

Sept. 4, 2013, 8:07 p.m.

Nicli Antica (http://www.niclipizzeria.ca/) in Gastown is my fav in the city

Via Tevere #2

Sept. 4, 2013, 8:10 p.m.

I love the bell pepper and pepperoni at Steamworks.

I just tried Parlour in Yaletown (best Beef Dip ever) and their pizza was tasty.

A fresh Pepper Dew Flying Wedge pizza is really good.

I forget the joint in Kits.. on 4th and Alma-ish. Essentially it was cheese cake. I like cheese.

Fat Tony's in Whistler at 2:00AM is also one of the best things in the world.

Sept. 4, 2013, 8:12 p.m.

This is honestly the first time in my life I have ever seen it suggested that GVA doesn't have Italians.

You serious?

He does have an excuse, so we'll let it be for now. mmmkay?

…. trying to be a Toronto douche… but I moved here from Toronto 2 years ago and one of the main differences between the two cities that I noticed is that Vancouver doesn't have good pizza. There also don't seem to be any Italians here either, which is likely the root of the problem.

Sept. 4, 2013, 9:13 p.m.

This is honestly the first time in my life I have ever seen it suggested that GVA doesn't have Italians.

You serious?

You see Italians all over the place in Toronto but I rarely see any here… Go to Woodbridge, just north of Toronto (near Wonderland) - it's like 90% Italian.

I think Van came out ahead in that trade.

Not going to disagree with you here!

Here are the stats:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Canadians

Metro Vancouver 76,525
Greater Toronto Area 467,015