best concert you have seen?

May 21, 2007, 8:44 a.m.

Stompin' Tom Connors at the Queen E a few years back was awesome. Made me feel proud to be Canadian.

Goin' Down?

May 21, 2007, 10:47 a.m.

You gay.

What? In a thread that includes Coldplay, Spice Girls, Nickelback, Dixie Chicks Heart [HTML_REMOVED] John Cougar you single out possibly the greatest singer-songwriter/Ladies man of all time as a 'gay' show?

Both times I've seen him I've gone with 3 other people and I promised to pay them back for the ticket if afterwards they didn't think it was an awesome show. I've never lost a cent.

iforonewelcome.com

May 21, 2007, 12:35 p.m.

you single out possibly the greatest singer-songwriter/Ladies man of all time as a 'gay' show?

Then you mispelled Tom Jones

meh

May 21, 2007, 1:30 p.m.

Both times I've seen him

now this is funny:lol:

May 21, 2007, 2:37 p.m.

Then you mispelled Tom Jones

Tom Jones is a poor-man's Neil Diamond, besides, Tom Jones never wrote anything.

now this is funny:lol:

I'll extend my offer for you the next time he comes to town. If tickets are available, he still holds the record for most people in GM place.

iforonewelcome.com

May 21, 2007, 7:29 p.m.

Tom Jones is a poor-man's Neil Diamond, besides, Tom Jones never wrote anything.

Good point there.
Most of you guys are older than me. My first show was The Cult in 1990 (I think) at PNE Coliseum. This was the show where 'Bonham' openend (yeah, John Bonhams son had his own band) and not Lenny Kravitz. I was also at the Primus/Janes Addiction show there: incredible crowd (I lost one of my shoes and had to walk 9 blocks, barefoot in the snow).

I think one of the best shows I saw was WeeN at the Comodore in '93-'94 or so. Those guys are as crazy live as they are on album.

A close 2nd would be seening Elvis Costello, 3 years ago at the Orpheum, doing a mostly acoustic set. Completely held the audience to every word he spoke/sang.

I maybe changing my decision this Wednesday: Bjork is playing outdoors at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby. Her new album is good and I bet this show is gonna be awsome.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

May 21, 2007, 8:17 p.m.

A close 2nd would be seening Elvis Costello, 3 years ago at the Orpheum, doing a mostly acoustic set. Completely held the audience to every word he spoke/sang.

Saw that one as well. INCREDIBLE! He ran out of material before the audience would stop calling for encores so to close the show he did an version of an unrecorded song using no amplification and no instruments. The only effect was him singing into different parts of a grand piano.

He filled the entire theater.

iforonewelcome.com

May 21, 2007, 10:57 p.m.

iVE Never BEEN to a conCert…….. and im 16……:cry:

is it normal that i got a boner?

May 21, 2007, 11:01 p.m.

What? In a thread that includes Coldplay, Spice Girls, Nickelback, Dixie Chicks Heart [HTML_REMOVED] John Cougar you single out possibly the greatest singer-songwriter/Ladies man of all time as a 'gay' show?

Both times I've seen him I've gone with 3 other people and I promised to pay them back for the ticket if afterwards they didn't think it was an awesome show. I've never lost a cent.

You wealthy gay.

May 21, 2007, 11:03 p.m.

I'll extend my offer for you the next time he comes to town. If tickets are available, he still holds the record for most people in GM place.

Ah, proof he is good.

Britnay sold 9 mil her first album. Guess thats good shit too eh?

May 22, 2007, 12:56 a.m.

phish
grateful dead ( I was 11 but it still rocked!)
bob dylan and paul simon
oysterhead

www.natooke.com

May 22, 2007, 9:01 a.m.

Micheal Brecker Band @ the Commodore
Courtney Pine …somewhere in Victoria…I think it was Harpo's
Living Colour @ the Commodore

there are a whole bunch more, but those three always stick out…

worst concerts ever:
Wynton Marsalis @ the Royal Theatre
Midnight Oil @ the "old" Memorial Arena

Loud Hubs Save Lives

May 22, 2007, 9:02 a.m.

Tom plays a party every year for a friend of my brother's, he's straight up funny as well as a cool mf

You are spot on about the writing though, Neil is a hell of a writer

meh

May 22, 2007, 9:19 a.m.

Ah, proof he is good.

Britnay sold 9 mil her first album. Guess thats good shit too eh?

If Britney Spears can last 50 years, sell 120 million albums, get inducted into the songwriters hall of fame, have her songs covered by artist like U2, UB40, Elvis Presly, Thrill Kill Cult, Cliff Richard, Deep Purple, Johny Cash, and still set concert attendance records, then I might concede that she's as good as Neil Diamond.

iforonewelcome.com

May 22, 2007, 9:44 a.m.

You are spot on about the writing though, Neil is a hell of a writer

Song Sung Blue is definitely a masterpiece…. :P

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells