Best College food?

Oct. 5, 2005, 12:49 p.m.

Quesadillas
Top Ramen and Cheese(drain liquid, melt cheese over the noodles, salt and pepper)
Oatmeal(breakfast of champions)
Fish(can be cooked in a microwave…very well actually)
Potatoes(microwave em, baked potato in like 2 minutes)
Tomato soup…yummy!

There is a great cook book called Microwave Living or something. It shows you how to cook full meals in a microwave. It'll definitely give you an idea of what is possible.

The Ito

the top ramen with cheese sounds pretty good. What kind of cheese should i use?

thinkin bout bikes

Oct. 5, 2005, 1:28 p.m.

I am in the same boat. Cooking is hard.

Stagg Chili,
Perogies with cheese and sour cream are freakin awesome
Smokies
Those little carrots you buy in bags

I have never seen Perogies here in the states. But i looked them up and they look damn good.

thinkin bout bikes

Oct. 5, 2005, 2:17 p.m.

I have never seen Perogies here in the states. But i looked them up and they look damn good.

You can't buy them at a grocery store? Cheemo is the way to go…

Oct. 5, 2005, 2:42 p.m.

You can't buy them at a grocery store? Cheemo is the way to go…

Well i guess i dont really look around all that much, but ive still never even heard of them. Ill keep an eye out for them though, maybe im just blind.

thinkin bout bikes

Oct. 5, 2005, 2:53 p.m.

Perogies are basically a patatoe dumpling/pasta I think from Poland. Should have them in the states as Mrs T's where a big triathlon sponsor in the states.

Are little kettles allowed?

Aside from that don't forget tuna, eggs, lettuce, honey, and of course peanut butter. Oh yeah brown bread fro sandwich's.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 5, 2005, 2:58 p.m.

Perogies are basically a patatoe dumpling/pasta I think from Poland. Should have them in the states as Mrs T's where a big triathlon sponsor in the states.

I bet we do have them actually. I just dont think they are very popular at all. I really wanna try some though.

thinkin bout bikes

Oct. 5, 2005, 4:02 p.m.

Tuna biznut!

"you didn't tell them about my pubes, did you?" -Garth

Oct. 5, 2005, 5:14 p.m.

I bet we do have them actually. I just dont think they are very popular at all. I really wanna try some though.

Easily the #1 staple food of the university student. Don't cheap out on em though, fried only, not boiled, gotta do up some bacon and onions too. Top with sour cream and cheese.

Really easy, really fast, incredibly filling.

This space intentionally left blank.

Oct. 5, 2005, 6:43 p.m.

Also a cheap portable food. Just put in a baggie and take out on the trails.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 5, 2005, 7:12 p.m.

Also a cheap portable food. Just put in a baggie and take out on the trails.

I never eat before riding. It makes me tired. I think cuz over the years i would eat like 20 minutes before i would go to bed. So now, when i eat i automaticly feel tired. I stick to the gatorade on the trail. Maybe some Gu if its a really long ride.

thinkin bout bikes

Oct. 5, 2005, 9:20 p.m.

Easily the #1 staple food of the university student.

What ever happened to Kraft dinner and baked beans?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 5, 2005, 10:16 p.m.

slow cooker. i know those are allowed. make enough chili for a week. freeze and eat accordingly. you can make all kinds of soups and stews too. i know a couple people in college that use them.

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/SearchDetail.htm?SearchString=slow+cooker[HTML_REMOVED]CS_Catalog=Homeware[HTML_REMOVED]CS_Heirarchy=Homeware%3bAppliances%3bSlow+Cookers[HTML_REMOVED]CS_Category=Slow+Cookers[HTML_REMOVED]CatalogNavigationBreadCrumbs=Homeware%3bHomeware%3bAppliances%3bSlow+Cookers[HTML_REMOVED]ItemCount=10[HTML_REMOVED]CountIndex=5

i have a slow cooker and its easily one of the best things for cooking. spend 10 minutes getting everything ready in the morning. come back 8 hours later to fresh chili or stew or soups.

Some of those things are a bitch when they come down the assembaly line in work and I have to build orders for stores :S

Oct. 5, 2005, 10:31 p.m.

What ever happened to Kraft dinner and baked beans?

Everyone passed out.

"Fullness of knowledge always means some understanding of the depths of our ignorance; and that is always conducive to humility and reverence." - Robert Millikan

Oct. 5, 2005, 11:36 p.m.

Easily the #1 staple food of the university student. Don't cheap out on em though, fried only, not boiled, gotta do up some bacon and onions too. Top with sour cream and cheese.

Really easy, really fast, incredibly filling.

yeah they are best fried
but how do you fry in the microwave

Oct. 5, 2005, 11:41 p.m.

yeah they are best fried
but how do you fry in the microwave

you cant. I guess i could try boiling them.

thinkin bout bikes