Benazir Bhutto assassinated

Dec. 27, 2007, 3:03 p.m.

She was shot, then her killer blew himself up near her to ensure she didn't surprise.

Now that's just plain fuqed up.

People in those parts of the word have no care for human life, to me it seems like killing free for all.

Check out my Buy/Sell items on Pinkbike: http://truvativ21.pinkbike.com/buysell/

Dec. 27, 2007, 3:04 p.m.

its pretty common knowledge that her husband extorted all buisness in pakistan under her rule for billions of dollars. he was known as mr 5 percent as thats what his take was on all goverment biz.

she benefitted hugely from all the money her family made during that time. she never gave back any of her estates or hundred thousand dollar jewellery when she divorced him

Dec. 27, 2007, 3:15 p.m.

ive had to follow pakistani politics as a part of school while you've been taking close ups at hipster raves that you ride to on your fixed gear.

I take it back. You must be a fucking genius.

Don't start something you won't finish.

Dec. 27, 2007, 3:34 p.m.

I take it back. You must be a fucking genius.

Don't start something you won't finish.

I wouldn't mind if you called me out as being wrong and said something to prove it. During Bhutto's short reign of power (which was cut short by two years because of her administration's driving the economy into the ground as well as the charges of corruption against her) in the 90's, she used the police to squash opposing political parties and it is proven that she was involved in siphoning huge sums of money from the treasury. These charges were ignored rather than disproven in a failed attempt to bring stability to the country. I'm not trying to say that I know more than you just because I have had to read about her and her past (not just the CNN reports calling her a hero that you must have been following for the past few months) but I do think you don't understand the bigger picture, especially when you are discussing how much of a tragedy it is with your friends at the coffee shop while listening to bloc party in the background

Dec. 27, 2007, 4:01 p.m.

I wouldn't mind if you called me out as being wrong and said something to prove it. During Bhutto's short reign of power (which was cut short by two years because of her administration's driving the economy into the ground as well as the charges of corruption against her) in the 90's, she used the police to squash opposing political parties and it is proven that she was involved in siphoning huge sums of money from the treasury. These charges were ignored rather than disproven in a failed attempt to bring stability to the country. I'm not trying to say that I know more than you just because I have had to read about her and her past (not just the CNN reports calling her a hero that you must have been following for the past few months) but I do think you don't understand the bigger picture, especially when you are discussing how much of a tragedy it is with your friends at the coffee shop while listening to bloc party in the background

all true, but it appears to me you feel that in order to be well read you must also go against the grain. She represented a much better pakistan than what there is today, and got people moving against musharrif and military rule. this discussion would be much better around two questions. 1 - who do you think killed her and why? 2 - compare musharraf to bhutto, who is the lesser evil? If you know more about these points, rather than just pointing out the obvious, please let me know.

also i'd like to point out an inaccuracy. i have nothing to do with hipsters, or any of that. you aren't very clever in this regard, but i can see you are trying. i'm a 27 year old pretty square medical student.

Dec. 27, 2007, 4:10 p.m.

oh yea… CNN… I don't have a tele, and i read/listen to NPR and BBC for my news.

Dec. 27, 2007, 4:15 p.m.

People in those parts of the word have no care for human life, to me it seems like killing free for all.

Now there's a sweeping generalization. Do you assume all Pakistanis are terrorists and assassins? All that I know are truly saddened today.

Dec. 27, 2007, 6:04 p.m.

Why was she holding parades and rallies when there were so many attempts on her life and her supporters?

Well, duh … there is an election scheduled on January 8, 2008. What do politicians do less than two weeks before an election? Hide under a rug?

It sucks that she is dead but you have got to remember she and her husband made $1.5 billion through supposed criminal enterprises and huge payoffs.

Not proven in any court of law. Is it possible that these accusations were made by a politician eager to find a way to get an opponent drummed out of the country?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 27, 2007, 6:14 p.m.

He just did.

Fair comment …

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 27, 2007, 6:54 p.m.

Now there's a sweeping generalization. Do you assume all Pakistanis are terrorists and assassins? All that I know are truly saddened today.

editted, thats iran

Dec. 27, 2007, 7:07 p.m.

Now there's a sweeping generalization. Do you assume all Pakistanis are terrorists and assassins?

they are brown aren't they?

Well, well I been movin' down to Florida.
And I'm gonna bowl me a perfect game.
Well I'm gonna cut off my leg down in Florida, child.
And I'm gonna dance one-legged off in the rain.

Dec. 27, 2007, 7:38 p.m.

ya except they are the ones getting killed by our military in collaboration with Israel.

Dec. 27, 2007, 7:56 p.m.

that part of the world. wake up man. its like that everywhere.

Dec. 27, 2007, 8:29 p.m.

they are brown aren't they?

immigration officer?

Dec. 27, 2007, 8:36 p.m.

I guess you say that because all the normal people in muslim countries don't make it on the news….

ignorant but understandable

www.natooke.com