Beer

Oct. 26, 2015, 10:17 a.m.

Phillips Snowcase 2015 has been released, $70 at BC Liquor stores.

Nordel had about a dozen in stock on Sunday.

Phillips is boring now.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 26, 2015, 10:47 a.m.

Phillips is boring now.

I dont think so. A lot of there 6 packs and such have been around for a while, but their 650s change every month and still rank among the best.

Oct. 26, 2015, 10:51 a.m.

Their Fresh Hopped IPA was very very far from being my cup of tea.

Oct. 26, 2015, 11:21 a.m.

I dont think so. A lot of there 6 packs and such have been around for a while, but their 650s change every month and still rank among the best.

I like their hop pack in the summer, and generally try out any new bombers I see in BCLS. But I got the snowcase last year and was unimpressed… pricey marketing.

Oct. 26, 2015, 12:09 p.m.

I had the P49/CC mixed case last year, and the Snowcase the year before, but I'm going to pass on them this year. Novelty has worn off I guess.

Oct. 28, 2015, 12:22 p.m.

I saw this cheap beer in a can, It had a pick of a rider. Bowen Island Twisted trail Pale ale.
I figured if its not that good ill keep it as swill to serve to guest with less than discerning taste.
I cant believe the quality of this beer! Definitely no corn syrup in this recipe! It has recently been changed by the brew master. Brewmasters are notorious for changing recipes. All the same it has a nice balance of roasted malts and pale malt. The hop finish is wonderful.

I tried the Mutiny Red Ale. Its hoppier than the Pale Ale and has a bit more roasted malt in the recipe.
On line you can read all the details of what is used in each beer they make.
Quality beer at a bargain price. Dont let the eight bucks a six pack fool you into thinking this is cheap swill. Its cheap quality beer.

common sense…..Whats common about sense?!

Oct. 28, 2015, 3:11 p.m.

The gf got us the new Phillips one. I'm not complaining about it. I'm just not that into Phillips other guys do everything way better. Postmark has been impressing me with all their offerings. Then again they say 4 winds is really good but I don't get the hype.
The last beer to blow me away is raised by wolves from driftwood.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 28, 2015, 3:50 p.m.

Parallel 49/Central City December case has been released too. Think they posted the price as $65.

Oct. 28, 2015, 4:29 p.m.

Big Rock Wet Hop IPA = sucking on a sweet vanilla stick. Wished I had only bought one.

Oct. 28, 2015, 9:20 p.m.

I live a few mins away from deepcove brewery and bridge brewing. So much amazing beer.
Blood orange bourbon ale and uganda sipi just brilliant

Oct. 28, 2015, 9:51 p.m.

The gf got us the new Phillips one. I'm not complaining about it. I'm just not that into Phillips other guys do everything way better. Postmark has been impressing me with all their offerings. Then again they say 4 winds is really good but I don't get the hype.
The last beer to blow me away is raised by wolves from driftwood.

have you tried the october-fest offering from Wolf/Longwood? soooooo good.

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Oct. 29, 2015, 6:13 a.m.

have you tried the october-fest offering from Wolf/Longwood? soooooo good.

no I havent. gunna checker out for sure.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 29, 2015, 10:02 a.m.

I saw this cheap beer in a can, It had a pick of a rider. Bowen Island Twisted trail Pale ale.
I figured if its not that good ill keep it as swill to serve to guest with less than discerning taste.
I cant believe the quality of this beer! Definitely no corn syrup in this recipe! It has recently been changed by the brew master. Brewmasters are notorious for changing recipes. All the same it has a nice balance of roasted malts and pale malt. The hop finish is wonderful.

I tried the Mutiny Red Ale. Its hoppier than the Pale Ale and has a bit more roasted malt in the recipe.
On line you can read all the details of what is used in each beer they make.
Quality beer at a bargain price. Dont let the eight bucks a six pack fool you into thinking this is cheap swill. Its cheap quality beer.

Been on the Bowen Island cans for a long time. Cheap as hell and good tasting. Mutiny Red and then IPA are both super flavorful for the price.

Oct. 29, 2015, 10:45 a.m.

Anyone know if the specialty stores still have pumpkin beer? Was gonna pick some up for a Halloween party but the BCLS near me (Kingsway) has zilch left. Gonna give Brewery Creek a call later to see.

Thx

Oct. 29, 2015, 6:53 p.m.

Get the Central City Patrick o'Pumpkin. Excellent.

The Elysian Punkacchino is really good too, but not sure if its in BC.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.