Beer

Oct. 19, 2014, 6:29 p.m.

If you like porters check out driftwoods blackstone porter, if you can find it all the way up there…

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 19, 2014, 7:31 p.m.

You'd be surprised what you can find up here sometimes…aside from bud cheladas

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 19, 2014, 8:23 p.m.

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Beer

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV :fu::lol:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Oct. 21, 2014, 9:56 a.m.

couldn't care less about the monopolization of industrial beer. just buy local. so much good brew to be had these days - 25 breweries!

Oct. 21, 2014, 12:14 p.m.

Yellow Dog continues to blow minds with their smoked porter. Knocking every brew they do out of the park, it seems. Not to be a city snob, but it's especially surprising coming from a dog-themed brewery out of PoMo. :D

I have been out of the game for a bit due to a cold but picked up 4W's latest, Sovereign Saison, and a couple of the To Ol bottles that landed recently that sound amazing-sherry and cognac barrel-aged porter and white wine barrel-aged saison brett. Winning on paper, for sure.

Oct. 21, 2014, 1:09 p.m.

Yellow Dog continues to blow minds with their smoked porter. Knocking every brew they do out of the park, it seems. Not to be a city snob, but it's especially surprising coming from a dog-themed brewery out of PoMo. :D

I have been out of the game for a bit due to a cold but picked up 4W's latest, Sovereign Saison, and a couple of the To Ol bottles that landed recently that sound amazing-sherry and cognac barrel-aged porter and white wine barrel-aged saison brett. Winning on paper, for sure.

I would say that the best of the new breweries are outside the City.

Oct. 21, 2014, 1:27 p.m.

Speaking of dog themed breweries, Red Collar just opened in Kamloops. Right now it just has a tasting room and four styles: Marzen, English Mild, English IPA and A Belgian Dubble. But its all delicious, they plan on doing a lot of barrel aging once they get up and running.

Oct. 21, 2014, 4:50 p.m.

Had this after my cross race on Sunday. Damn. These guys continue to impress.

Oct. 22, 2014, 7:29 p.m.

Enjoyed this article, interesting to see a perspective on the (close to) local beer scene from an outsider:
http://allaboutbeer.com/victoria-beer/

Oct. 22, 2014, 8:15 p.m.

Enjoyed this article, interesting to see a perspective on the (close to) local beer scene from an outsider:
http://allaboutbeer.com/victoria-beer/

He nailed it. It's damn hard to get away from this overly bitter nightmare. That being said, there's enough breweries here that there's a good number of bottles I really like. It's there would be room for more greatness if some breweries could free up some fermenter space (ie. remove the hops).

Oct. 23, 2014, 12:56 a.m.

Had this after my cross race on Sunday. Damn. These guys continue to impress.

Bought 2 yes good.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Oct. 23, 2014, 7:26 a.m.

That Parallel 49 Graperfruit Radler makes a decent breakfast beer. It says I like to get day drunk, but I also take care of my body

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 31, 2014, 1:12 a.m.

A couple years ago I ran into a guy at White Labs' tasting room here in SD who was head brewer at a place in Tijuana, Insurgente. We don't hear much of what is going on down there but have started to get a few brews trickle up here. Apparently the craft beer scene is starting to go off down there. Given the lack of regulation it will be interesting to see how it fares, figured you guys might be interested in this article about beer in Baja CA:

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2014/sep/23/beer-baja-beer-touring-tijuana-part-1/

FWIW San Diego is up to 96 breweries now with over 30 more on the way. http://www.westcoastersd.com/sd-brewing-industry-watch/

Add that to all the great stuff coming out of OC, LA and the rest of the state now I'm surprised more people don't pass up the drive to Portland for an easy flight to great winter weather and riding in Socal. I'm always happy to help with advice for anyone coming down here.

Nov. 1, 2014, 7:38 p.m.

Fat Tire Amber Ale is in BCL's now. :coo:

Nov. 2, 2014, 12:27 a.m.

A couple years ago I ran into a guy at White Labs' tasting room here in SD who was head brewer at a place in Tijuana, Insurgente. We don't hear much of what is going on down there but have started to get a few brews trickle up here. Apparently the craft beer scene is starting to go off down there. Given the lack of regulation it will be interesting to see how it fares, figured you guys might be interested in this article about beer in Baja CA:

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2014/sep/23/beer-baja-beer-touring-tijuana-part-1/

FWIW San Diego is up to 96 breweries now with over 30 more on the way. http://www.westcoastersd.com/sd-brewing-industry-watch/

Add that to all the great stuff coming out of OC, LA and the rest of the state now I'm surprised more people don't pass up the drive to Portland for an easy flight to great winter weather and riding in Socal. I'm always happy to help with advice for anyone coming down here.

Went to a brew pub in San Jose Del Cabo in April. Baja Brewing. Definetly needed some work.. Their feature beer was a Barleywine, in April, In Mexico… Yeesh.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.