Beer

July 4, 2014, 12:53 p.m.

Yeah, Bridge with a space like Bomber, Black Kettle or Brassneck would be ideal.

July 4, 2014, 2:38 p.m.

Deep Cove is gearing up to convert their tasting room license to a lounge, with a patio as well.

I don't find their beers particularly interesting (I did like the recent coconut porter), but it will be convenient to have one of the locals open past 8PM.

I like the Rye IPA and the Green tea Saison.

Bridge is moving to Mountain hwy and expanding production….

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

July 4, 2014, 3:18 p.m.

Bridge needs to apply to have a patio built in front of their current place.

I am a much bigger fan of Bridge than Deep Cove.

Love the Bridge beers. I have a couple empty growlers at my place in Cumberland that get filled every trip over :)

On another note - I love some of the India Session Ales floating around lately. Considering how fast I ruin my palate….good session ales are good :)

viperfunk.com

July 4, 2014, 3:43 p.m.

I like the Rye IPA and the Green tea Saison.

Bridge is moving to Mountain hwy and expanding production….

Yes! Bigger and closer! Any idea where?

July 4, 2014, 4:02 p.m.

Bigger and closer! Any idea where?

This.

July 4, 2014, 4:14 p.m.

This.

Dammit. They're walking distance right now. Mtn Hwy is like a whole province away

July 4, 2014, 4:27 p.m.

Dammit. They're walking distance right now. Mtn Hwy is like a whole province away

This takes them from "nah too far off my commute home to stop" to "hmmm I could swing over there have a pint get a refill and ride home" :)

You call still route past it on your way home. Just no more liquid lunch for you guys.

July 4, 2014, 4:29 p.m.

This takes them from "nah too far off my commute home to stop" to "hmmm I could swing over there have a pint get a refill and ride home" :)

You call still route past it on your way home. Just no more liquid lunch for you guys.

And liquid breakfast, and liquid afternoon snack, and liquid brunch…

July 4, 2014, 4:59 p.m.

Smart move. Sets them up nicely if / when the Lower Lynn Town Centre plan happens.

No change for me. Still on the commute, just closer to the office than to home.

July 4, 2014, 5:32 p.m.

Yes! Bigger and closer! Any idea where?

Nope other than Mt highway area…. yeah its vague but that's all I got.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

July 6, 2014, 9:11 p.m.

Love the Bridge beers. I have a couple empty growlers at my place in Cumberland that get filled every trip over :)

On another note - I love some of the India Session Ales floating around lately. Considering how fast I ruin my palate….good session ales are good :)

I like Bottlerocket, did not like CC's ISA at all.
If you haven't tried Red Trucks ISA do yourself a favour and get some.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

July 7, 2014, 6:55 a.m.

I've heard that the Russell hop Therapy is a is really good. Tried it?

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

July 7, 2014, 9 a.m.

I had a few of the Russell Hop Therapy on Canada Day and thought it was pretty good. It's just gotten into the BCL stores, so is easier to find now.

I'd rank them Russell [HTML_REMOVED] CC [HTML_REMOVED] Phillips. Any of them are fine as a tailgate beer after a day of skiing / riding / hiking.

July 7, 2014, 9:58 a.m.

I had a few of the Russell Hop Therapy on Canada Day and thought it was pretty good. It's just gotten into the BCL stores, so is easier to find now.

I'd rank them Russell [HTML_REMOVED] CC [HTML_REMOVED] Phillips. Any of them are fine as a tailgate beer after a day of skiing / riding / hiking.

I haven't had Hop Therapy (similarly heard good things) but have had both good and bad cans of the others, think it depends on the age. Honestly, I'd just rather have a light golden ale than an ISA.

July 7, 2014, 5:18 p.m.

I haven't had Hop Therapy (similarly heard good things) but have had both good and bad cans of the others, think it depends on the age. Honestly, I'd just rather have a light golden ale than an ISA.

Age and storage is huge with ISA's there no malt back bone to speak of to hide any off flavors or big changes in hop aroma/age related oxidization. Fresh is key to ISA's/IPA's

CC ISA is my personal fav but it has to be fresh, Mosaic/Citra hopped beers don't age well per say.