Beer

Dec. 27, 2013, 8:22 p.m.

so my dad got me the phillips advent calendar, will post pics of my collecdtion once im done. its awesome.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 30, 2013, 10:24 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbD0sV5KZlU

Dec. 30, 2013, 10:43 p.m.

What are your guys thought's on the penis measuring that is Hops?

Against Hoppy Beer

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Dec. 31, 2013, 12:26 a.m.

I think the Vancouver craft scene has made an effort to not jump on the hop bandwagon, specifically to distinguish themselves from the hop forward Portland scene. The breweries quickly figure out what their customers like and will produce what sells.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for lots-o-hops, sometimes I'm not. Luckily, there are lots of great beers to choose from at both ends of the spectrum.

Dec. 31, 2013, 9:18 a.m.

I think the Vancouver craft scene has made an effort to not jump on the hop bandwagon, specifically to distinguish themselves from the hop forward Portland scene. The breweries quickly figure out what their customers like and will produce what sells.

Sometimes I'm in the mood for lots-o-hops, sometimes I'm not. Luckily, there are lots of great beers to choose from at both ends of the spectrum.

Couldn't agree more. I love hoppy beers, but not all the time.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Dec. 31, 2013, 9:24 a.m.

The Imperial Porter from Centeral City is not bad right now although I think about 2 bucks too high at $12 a bottle. it isn't too hoppy

Dec. 31, 2013, 9:33 a.m.

The Imperial Porter from Centeral City is not bad right now although I think about 2 bucks too high at $12 a bottle. it isn't too hoppy

It is too boozy though. Grab a couple and try them December 2014.
For the price, the CC Pilsner is a steel at $1.99 for a bomber.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

Dec. 31, 2013, 2:20 p.m.

I like DIPA's in the 55-70 IBU range typically, but IBU can be misleading - I've had 100 IBU beers that aren't very bitter at all (though drank at around 6 months of age).

That said I like things like barleywines with a good amount of age on them because I tend to prefer the hops-bite to calm down a bit, especially American barleywines.

I went a bit crazy at Hair of the Dog on my Portland trip this past weekend:

Bought the $80 'vintage' 6-pack, 2 otto's, and 2 bourbon freds at the brewery plus a growler, t-shirt, and awesome poster. Stoked to have found a couple World Wide Stouts and the Bruery sours I wanted.

Dec. 31, 2013, 2:27 p.m.

It is too boozy though. Grab a couple and try them December 2014.
For the price, the CC Pilsner is a steel at $1.99 for a bomber.

where can you get bombers for that $$?

WTF, Over?

Dec. 31, 2013, 2:28 p.m.

I like DIPA's in the 55-70 IBU range typically, but IBU can be misleading - I've had 100 IBU beers that aren't very bitter at all (though drank at around 6 months of age).

That said I like things like barleywines with a good amount of age on them because I tend to prefer the hops-bite to calm down a bit, especially American barleywines.

Bought the $80 'vintage' 6-pack, 2 otto's, and 2 bourbon freds at the brewery plus a growler, t-shirt, and awesome poster. Stoked to have found a couple World Wide Stouts and the Bruery sours I wanted.

Whoa. Well done. You are not playin around here.

WTF, Over?

Dec. 31, 2013, 2:30 p.m.

Gotta tell us how the Boulevard Season Brett is. Mine was not good.

I snagged the last 2 Terroirs and a couple more la Rojas at a store in the birbs.. La Roma was $2cheaper than at Brewery Creek too..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 31, 2013, 2:33 p.m.

Pretty sure the stanley park noble pilsner is my favourite beer.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 31, 2013, 2:40 p.m.

Pretty sure the stanley park noble pilsner is my favourite beer.

It is a damn good option.

WTF, Over?

Dec. 31, 2013, 5:09 p.m.

Gotta tell us how the Boulevard Season Brett is. Mine was not good.

I snagged the last 2 Terroirs and a couple more la Rojas at a store in the birbs.. La Roma was $2cheaper than at Brewery Creek too..

I had their saison brett a few months back and it was fantastic. I actually brought it to a bottle share with a bunch of BeerAdvocate guys and everyone loved it. Hoping this bottle doesn't suffer the infection yours must have!

I have sooo many Le Terrior's. That stuff blows my mind.

Dec. 31, 2013, 7:40 p.m.

Nice haul! Did you get any grief at the border bringing all that back or have they changed the limits lately?