Beer

Dec. 26, 2012, 7:14 p.m.

Meh, tonight is brought to you by barley wine.

Phillips Trainwreck 2012 is up first. Nice smooth finish, and not too boozy at 10%. I think balanced malt profile and no other funky additives like Sea Salt or Beet powder. Winter warmer

In the fridge, check it in a few days

WTF, Over?

Dec. 27, 2012, 6:35 p.m.

I got the Thor's Hammer, and Coal harbor IPA. This may have been mentioned in this thread one thousand fuc[HTML_REMOVED]in times, but i thought the Burrard st Beer store has a pretty good selection and the staff seems to know their stuff.
Ya im new here. The train wreck was gooood.

WTF, Over?

Dec. 27, 2012, 9:20 p.m.

I had my first Hermannator last night,I understand the hype. I searched for it and the only place that had some left was Aurora on the shore, by Steed. I bought 2 sixes and 2 over priced bombers for gifts.

Tonight's tastes are christmass presents, a Christmas Slaapmutske from Belgium, really nice smooth tasty Belgian, yeasty but not too much. And an Innis and Gunn Treacle Porter, light malt and oak is a way to describe it. If you have ever had an Innis and Gunn, you know what I mean. You can taste the dark sugar as well from the treacle, and it's nicely coloured, a rich dark ruby colour. Brewery Creek is where my wife picked them up.

Dec. 29, 2012, 10:44 a.m.

I had my first Hermannator last night,I understand the hype. I searched for it and the only place that had some left was Aurora on the shore, by Steed. I bought 2 sixes and 2 over priced bombers for gifts.

Tonight's tastes are christmass presents, a Christmas Slaapmutske from Belgium, really nice smooth tasty Belgian, yeasty but not too much. And an Innis and Gunn Treacle Porter, light malt and oak is a way to describe it. If you have ever had an Innis and Gunn, you know what I mean. You can taste the dark sugar as well from the treacle, and it's nicely coloured, a rich dark ruby colour. Brewery Creek is where my wife picked them up.

Hmm, Are Hermannators that tasty? I remember having one last year and it did not stick out. The Lynn Valley Liquor store had a whole stack of them.

Dec. 29, 2012, 11:47 a.m.

The last couple of days we had a family meeting near the Ardennes….the cozy hotel we stayed at had La Chouffe, Belgian beer….if you ever have the chance to try it, do not think. Absolutely stunning taste…. achouffe.be

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 30, 2012, 12:03 a.m.

Hmm, Are Hermannators that tasty? I remember having one last year and it did not stick out. The Lynn Valley Liquor store had a whole stack of them.

I think that it is a good ice bock. It is hard to find a beer that has nice malts and tasty at 9.5% alc. maybe a bit steep at $16 sixer, but the market will bear it.

The last couple of days we had a family meeting near the Ardennes….the cozy hotel we stayed at had La Chouffe, Belgian beer….if you ever have the chance to try it, do not think. Absolutely stunning taste…. achouffe.be

I like this beer, the Mc Chouffe is really good as well. I am jealous of the beers you could get in the Ardennes.

Dec. 30, 2012, 1:11 a.m.

Had a beers you can't buy in bc tasting.

I brought:
- Trip hop imperial fresh hop
- Epic ales Gastropod (wild yeast sour with Spruce tips) bottle 167/205, this guy is killing it.
- Cascade Blueberry 2012 amazeballs!!

My friend brought a Steamworks Blitzer (meh)and a tree brewing espresso IPA (barf) seriously, that is a horrible turd. It smells ok, but tastes like a stale cold shot of coffee..

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Dec. 30, 2012, 9:32 p.m.

I made good use of my trip home to Vancouver Island over the holidays!

Happy new years everyone. May your beer be cold, and delicious!

Bicycles!

Dec. 30, 2012, 11:20 p.m.

I enjoyed a Hoperation yesterday. Where did you pick up the Phillips glass?

Dec. 30, 2012, 11:22 p.m.

Edit: Sorry, Tapatalk is doing weird stuff tonight. I'm sure the two Hermannators and double of Bushmills have nothing to do with it.

Dec. 30, 2012, 11:23 p.m.

Just finished a Train Wreck, not bad. Still got nothing on Nectar of the Gods though.

Dec. 31, 2012, 12:37 a.m.

Edit: Sorry, Tapatalk is doing weird stuff tonight. I'm sure the two Herminators and double of Bushmills have nothing to do with it.

I have a couple. I think I got them when I worked at a pub in Vic a few year ago.

I'm looking forward to the hoperation. I had the train wreck tonight.

Bicycles!

Jan. 2, 2013, 10:04 a.m.

This years batch is better than last years.

Jan. 2, 2013, 8:56 p.m.

this is how NYE started.

2 doz Kusshi's that I shucked, and the awesome Logsdon Seizon Bretta

had a Anchorage Love Buzz Saison next

finished with:

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Jan. 2, 2013, 9:12 p.m.

…….awesome Logsdon Seizon Bretta

had a Anchorage Love Buzz Saison next….

The Logsdon Bretta is a nice taste and would do better with the oysters than the pulled pork that I had it with.

Is the Love Buzz a Portland bring back?

My NYE was a battle with a 'Megadestroyer'