Beer

Nov. 23, 2012, 8:17 a.m.

What's up with this? Steamwork's trademarked "Cascadia" in 1999, stops using it in 2010 and now (2012) sues craft beer makers for describing their beers "Cascadian"

Does anyone know more about this beer trolling?

They had better watch it or Apple will sue them for using their patented trolling technique.

Nov. 23, 2012, 11:09 a.m.

nice. now we're talking.

I've got a couple of last year's Singularity, and this still too.

holding onto a beer for a year is tough…

That mad bruin should mellow out to be a good beer, but right now it's just not right.
I eagerly await singularity release. I've already started figuring out ways to purchase as much as possible.
I forgot to put down a Howe Sound Megadestroyer last year and am regretting it….

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

Nov. 23, 2012, 11:55 a.m.

I've got a Howe Sound Pot Filler Imperial Russian Stout for this weekend. Also a bottle of their IPA which I have never tried.
Just grabbed a six of the Deschutes Jubeale which looks nice. ( I love everything Deschutes and wish we got more of their stuff up here)
I have been drinking alot of Lagunitas beers lately. I love their IPA and got their 13 year anniversary beer which is fantastic. Also their Little Sumthin Wild was tasty.

Recently I had a Hoyle Dark matter which was really nice and I will pick up again.
Also got a growler of the North Shore Dark IPA, I love having that brewery close. Highly recommend everyone on the shore heading down, as their Pale ale is one of my standby's now.

My go to is Fat Tug IPA though. I think that beer is absolutely magic. Can anyone recommend a good private beer store on the North Shore? I hate having to drive to Firefly in Vancouver to fill the fridge.

Nov. 23, 2012, 11:56 a.m.

i've still got a couple singularities from last year, though i don't typically have the discipline to accumulate much of a cellar. some of the best beers i've had have been aged - a 2 year old abyss (none of the 'fresh' ones i've had since have quite measured up), and some 6 yr old rochefort 10.

has anyone heard word of the westvleteren 12 gift packs that were supposed to be landing here? seems they made it as far as alberta; perhaps the distro burned through their inventory before they made it here.

Nov. 23, 2012, 11:59 a.m.

My go to is Fat Tug IPA though. I think that beer is absolutely magic. Can anyone recommend a good private beer store on the North Shore? I hate having to drive to Firefly in Vancouver to fill the fridge.

the cb[HTML_REMOVED]w store at parkgate has a nice bomber selection.

Nov. 23, 2012, 12:09 p.m.

the cb[HTML_REMOVED]w store at parkgate has a nice bomber selection.

Beat me to it. They seem to like hoppy beers there too.

Nov. 23, 2012, 12:19 p.m.

You can search the BCLC website. Fat Tug is in Park Royal, Westview, Dollarton, Esplanade, and Lynn Valley. If it's not on the shelf ask them it's in the back.

I learned last year that you can also order specifics into your local store. I've had a couple cases of the Phillips Hop Box brought into my local Westview for me by my wonderful girlfriend.

Nov. 23, 2012, 1:35 p.m.

Driftwood has an app for locating the closest location that sells their beer.

Steamworks Pilsner and Pale Ale available at BCLQ's is pretty tasty.

Parallel 49's are good ones too.

Love the IPA's out of Oregon - nice and strong and hoppy, Blue Dot IPA

Nov. 23, 2012, 2 p.m.

my number one beer if i could get all the time would be paulaner but until that happens i'm sticking with blue buck.

Get over to the German Christmas market at the QE theatre. They usually have it on tap there, and there is great sausage and pretzels to go with it.

Nov. 23, 2012, 2:15 p.m.

Rasputin Imperial Russian Stout is a very nice once in a while beer. Something i would love to be able to find again here in Whistler. We tend to not get much good stuff up this way…
In summer i love some nice cold IPA's. The brewhouse here does a mean take out growler IPA. All the main players available at BC liquor mentioned above.
Will agree with whoever said the Whistler Chestnut ale is good. Their dunkel not so good. Right now i have some caribou IPA and some Whistler Black Tusk.
edit: lots of good recommendations in here for me to keep my eyes open for.
Also Dubhlinn gate is having a deschutes brewery take over the taps party next thursday the 29th…

Nov. 23, 2012, 2:32 p.m.

If you want a punch in the face of hops, you have to try Howe Sound's Total Eclipse of the Hops. Comes out once per year, usually spring.

Nov. 23, 2012, 4:06 p.m.

That mad bruin should mellow out to be a good beer, but right now it's just not right.

yeah that's why I got 4 of them.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Nov. 23, 2012, 4:26 p.m.

You can search the BCLC website. Fat Tug is in Park Royal, Westview, Dollarton, Esplanade, and Lynn Valley. If it's not on the shelf ask them it's in the back.

I learned last year that you can also order specifics into your local store. I've had a couple cases of the Phillips Hop Box brought into my local Westview for me by my wonderful girlfriend.

The hop box is always available at the Nesters Liquor store which has a GREAT selection of different kinds of beer.

Whenever I go there I stare mindlessly at the cooler with all the beer. The guy asked me if he could help me, I said that I was just to overwhelmed and wouldn't know where to start…

I am currently enjoying a Phillips Unicorn White IPA which I bought there last summer.

(not my pic)

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 23, 2012, 4:33 p.m.

Currently in my fridge:

Lighthouse Switchback IPA
Driftwood Fat Tug IPA
Deschutes Chainbreaker IPA
Deschutes Inversion IPA
Deschutes Mirror Pond Pale Ale
Pyramid Apricot Ale

I actually preferred the Tasman from Lighthouse. A little less hoppy.

I like hoppy, but sometimes its a bit much. I like this new White IPA like the Chainbreaker and this Phillips Unicorn. Bit of hops and a bit more flavour.

All these beers are sooo good. Man Deschutes have raised the bar!

Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

Nov. 23, 2012, 4:51 p.m.

I am currently enjoying a Phillips Unicorn White IPA which I bought there last summer.

(not my pic)

That beer is (i'll be nice) underwhelming.

Shops here are pathetic compared to Elizabet Station or Bottleworks. And our pricing is basically double for anyhing from the US. probably a good reason local beers are doing pretty well. Besides being tasty.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.