Beer

Nov. 22, 2012, 11:35 a.m.

P49 has a great line-up. Both the Milk Stout and the Red were great. Growler fills are a huge bonus too.

On tap, it's hard to beat Storm's Highlander Scottish Ale. Probably the best example I have had in North America. Deschute's Hop in the Dark is a phenomenal CDA. I am also pretty happy with almost anything brewed by Driftwood.

Nov. 22, 2012, 11:38 a.m.

P49 has a great line-up. Both the Milk Stout and the Red were great. Growler fills are a huge bonus too.

On tap, it's hard to beat Storm's Highlander Scottish Ale. Probably the best example I have had in North America. Deschute's Hop in the Dark is a phenomenal CDA. I am also pretty happy with almost anything brewed by Driftwood.

On tap, I'm a huge fan of anything Crannog. They are pretty hard to find but both the Backhand of God and the Gael Blood Potato Ale are incredible.

Nov. 22, 2012, 12:03 p.m.

On tap, I'm a huge fan of anything Crannog. They are pretty hard to find but both the Backhand of God and the Gael Blood Potato Ale are incredible.

Yummy, back hand of god. Might just have to hit up Village Taphouse and enjoy some of that at lunch.

I'm also a big fan of anything made by Rogue Brewing in Oregon. Dead Guy Ale is fantastic.

Nov. 22, 2012, 2:04 p.m.

This is a really good beer. :beer:

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Nov. 22, 2012, 2:08 p.m.

im actualy not one for beer that often..

but when im in the mood it'll be New Castle Brown

super rarely i'll enjoy a Corona/lime, but its hella rare.

really im just a suker for Dark rum, its my inner Pirate i guess, hahah

Nov. 22, 2012, 2:23 p.m.

Also, Biggles' Maple Porter. :)

THIS

i got to try one last night, and got 2 to take home :D

YUMMM

Nov. 22, 2012, 2:48 p.m.

If you BC boys can find it try Wild Rose IPA - good stuff.

There are some great one time brewes but I think they only distribute them locally.

Nov. 22, 2012, 2:55 p.m.

THIS

i got to try one last night, and got 2 to take home :D

YUMMM

I was only sipping on it while we were racking it, so I haven't even had a chance to try the final product yet. But if it was that good at that point I figured the end product would be fantastic.

Also stop eating into the inventory before I do! ;)

Nov. 22, 2012, 3:03 p.m.

This is a really good beer. :beer:

What is it the story with the label? Isn't their an old tail about some frenchmen paddling their canoe into hell or something like that?

Nov. 22, 2012, 3:27 p.m.

What is it the story with the label? Isn't their an old tail about some frenchmen paddling their canoe into hell or something like that?

Here is what the brewery says.

Maudite (damned) was the first strong beer to be retailed in Quebec. The word “Maudite” refers here to the Legend of “Chasse-Galerie” a tribute to the early lumberjacks of Nouvelle-France. The legend tells of eight daring woodsmen who, during winter, yearned to be home for the Holidays. They conjured up the Devil and all of them pledged their soul in return for flying them in their canoe to their village. As they sailed across the moonlit sky, one of them managed to free himself from the pledge by invoking the name of God, which caused the flying canoe to come crashing down to earth.

http://www.unibroue.com/en/beers/17/

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Nov. 22, 2012, 4:58 p.m.

I've been shocked at how good the Parallel 49 milk-stout is, sooooo creamy.

yes!. I've had the new RR Stout, it's OK, but the P49 is miles ahead.

North Fork has their ESB on Nitro, it's pretty wicked too.

hmm my Barley wine is 3weeks in bottles, maybe I should pop one.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Nov. 22, 2012, 5:18 p.m.

Longwood Brew Pub's Dunkel..or whatever their Friday special Cask has in it.

Hoyne is pretty damn good, but excessive consumption of it at Jumpship led to some horrible dance moves and partial nudity. It must have been the beer because I'm usually a very reserved person

Phillips is the standard beer that stocks my fridge in particular the Blue Buck.

PS: Craig Street Brew House in Duncan makes some mighty tasty Apres Prevost party pops.

Loud Hubs Save Lives

Nov. 22, 2012, 5:20 p.m.

yes!. I've had the new RR Stout, it's OK, but the P49 is miles ahead.

North Fork has their ESB on Nitro, it's pretty wicked too.

hmm my Barley wine is 3weeks in bottles, maybe I should pop one.

Don't do it. You should wait, wait, wait for Barley wine. It's hard not to try it early, but it changes your 1st impression of that beer, if its not very good.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Nov. 22, 2012, 5:51 p.m.

Bridge Brewing's North Shore Black IPA is really good. Again not up front with a hop bomb but it's there in the back.

I second that. Their summer ale was pretty good too.

I thoroughly enjoy being able to stop at a brewery on my way home from work and get a fill up. Great addition to the east end of North Van!

Nov. 22, 2012, 6:12 p.m.

Don't do it. You should wait, wait, wait for Barley wine. It's hard not to try it early, but it changes your 1st impression of that beer, if its not very good.

fuck it's good.. I have 28 bottles of it.. 14 were on Bourbon/oak chips, which is what i'm drinking.

ps, my cellar now

Each row is 3 deep, those 2 boxes on the left are my holiday, Barley wine.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.