BC Politics

June 20, 2016, 6:10 p.m.

What does it take to form a new party? How many people are members of nsmb?

The hivemind of nsmb should be elected as premier.
All of us are better than any one of us.

edit:
looks pretty easy to form your own party, if you intend to take it seriously?

http://www.elections.bc.ca/index.php/can/polparties/political-party-registration-policy/

I do intend to take it seriously.

Im trying to figure out if its possible to get this funded and properly organized.

Or if there is an easier route working with existing system, but unfortunately it pretty well seems to be a two party system.

PS; I'm aware of the Greens, but they have pigeon holed themselves, IMO.

June 20, 2016, 8:15 p.m.

PS; I'm aware of the Greens, but they have pigeon holed themselves, IMO.

They have already done much of the heavy lifting of getting a new political party up and running.
Best to glom on and influence.
Plus, I suspect they aren't far off from the things dear to your heart?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 20, 2016, 8:24 p.m.

pastafarianism is the answer….

June 20, 2016, 8:24 p.m.

aaaaaaaay pass the pasta!!!

June 20, 2016, 10:33 p.m.

The thing is people give too much credit to the average punters political awareness. Most people under 35 are more concerned with Netflix and most over are either dumb as a stick or shit scared of change.

Too many people will lose that sweet sweet home equity if things change

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 22, 2016, 6:38 p.m.

Too many people will lose that sweet sweet home equity if things change

THIS X2.

The Globe and others are saying the housing correction is most likely to come from an economy downturn, not rising rates etc. So now 'we're all in this together' as economy = jobs…so the luxury of saying 'no' is fading or else we risk having a housing 'house of cards' come crashing down.

So the NDP jobs plan better be gold plated otherwise Christy's team is the only hope…

NSMBA member.

June 22, 2016, 8:43 p.m.

…. Christy's team is the only hope…

holy crap almost sprayed 1516…

June 22, 2016, 10:18 p.m.

I'd vote for my last stinky shit for premier before I vote for Christy and her corrupt band of pirates.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

June 22, 2016, 10:28 p.m.

I'd vote for my last stinky shit for premier before I vote for Christy and her corrupt band of pirates.

you that the odds are relatively high that even typically non-corrupt people can become corruptible when put in a position of considerable influence or power.

by the way happy birthday!

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

June 23, 2016, 8:49 a.m.

THIS X2.

The Globe and others are saying the housing correction is most likely to come from an economy downturn, not rising rates etc. So now 'we're all in this together' as economy = jobs…so the luxury of saying 'no' is fading or else we risk having a housing 'house of cards' come crashing down.

So the NDP jobs plan better be gold plated otherwise Christy's team is the only hope…

The "correction" could be a deep double-whammy. Almost 19% of BC's economy is Real Estate. BC's economy is now more dependent on Real Estate than Alberta's is on Oil:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/05/12/bc-real-estate-alberta-oil-economy_n_9938922.html

A housing selloff could be catastrophic, especially if people start getting laid off in a downturn.

As homes go underwater (their market resale value falls below what their owners paid for them), hundreds of thousands of could be in the hole for a lot of money. That will not end well …

Cool .. is your last stinky shit gonna announce a run for Premier sometime soon?

June 23, 2016, 12:22 p.m.

The "correction" could be a deep double-whammy. Almost 19% of BC's economy is Real Estate. BC's economy is now more dependent on Real Estate than Alberta's is on Oil:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/05/12/bc-real-estate-alberta-oil-economy_n_9938922.html

A housing selloff could be catastrophic, especially if people start getting laid off in a downturn.

As homes go underwater (their market resale value falls below what their owners paid for them), hundreds of thousands of could be in the hole for a lot of money. That will not end well …

Typical resource based economy crash and burn.

http://www.wildrootsphotography.ca/

July 19, 2016, 12:19 p.m.

Best news in years - the Trudeau government sacked Gordon Campbell.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 19, 2016, 1:44 p.m.

Best news in years - the Trudeau government sacked Gordon Campbell.

http://www.news1130.com/2016/07/19/gordon-campbell-ambassador-job/

:lol:

I wonder if he is coming back here?

July 19, 2016, 2:54 p.m.

He's coming back to solve our housing crisis.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 19, 2016, 9:50 p.m.

With more condos I hope :rolleyes:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.