BC Politics

June 19, 2016, 12:22 p.m.

What can we do to change?

What is in our power?

How do we unseat the Premier?

I think I'm ready to leave the anonymity of the internet and participate in this democracy.

So many issues in this province, and so little leadership.

Everyone I speak to is on the same page - no one wants the liberals back in the driver seat, yet most expect another sweep next year.

Far more educated people here than I, how do we get organized?

Tired of the apathetic attitude, (myself included), this is without a doubt a corrupt shit show, we need a change.

June 19, 2016, 12:45 p.m.

Agreed.

Add me to the concerned but powerless bunch.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

June 19, 2016, 1:06 p.m.

Agreed.

Add me to the concerned but powerless bunch.

Good!

Excellent growth rate, started with one now we got two. With a little trickery we can project out a majority win by election time.

This is one bandwagon we need to pile on to.

Lets get the ideas flowing.

June 19, 2016, 5:02 p.m.

Also in the concerned but powerless camp.

Which major political parties are in BC?
-Libs
-BC Cons
-NDP
-Green
Which else?

I'm sure the Libs will post a victory by promising to continue this wild west real estate game while the NDP's fatal blow will be some form of restriction on using BC housing for speculative and rinsing money purposes. Oh and the Fast Ferries :rolleyes:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 19, 2016, 5:09 p.m.

We need to stay with the Libs.

When Alberta elected Notley, it impacted the oil fields as far away as North Dakota.

Our hands our tied.

Besides, pretty soon there will be no public schools in the Lower Mainland and all of our tax money will go to private schools. How fucking awesome is that?

Remember a month or so ago when Rich Coleman said that the hundreds of thousands of dollars given to his party from international property developers has no impact on policy? And wasn't challenged?

We need a Ft. Mac fire to cleanse all of BC at this point.

June 19, 2016, 5:29 p.m.

We need to stay with the Libs.

When Alberta elected Notley, it impacted the oil fields as far away as North Dakota.

Our hands our tied.

Besides, pretty soon there will be no public schools in the Lower Mainland and all of our tax money will go to private schools. How fucking awesome is that?

Remember a month or so ago when Rich Coleman said that the hundreds of thousands of dollars given to his party from international property developers has no impact on policy? And wasn't challenged?

We need a Ft. Mac fire to cleanse all of BC at this point.

For fuck sakes….notley had nothing to do with oil prices…blame opec. The Alberta election was just bad timing. They voted for her ffs

Pastor of Muppets

June 19, 2016, 5:47 p.m.

For fuck sakes….notley had nothing to do with oil prices…blame opec. The Alberta election was just bad timing. They voted for her ffs

No kidding.

June 19, 2016, 8:47 p.m.

Is there room for a legitimate third party challenge in BC?

Few actually like the Liberals, unless you build high-rises, or sell them.

But most BC'ers have a trans generational fear of the NDP.

Why not meet in the middle?

Is it feasible in BC? Is there finally a want for this?

June 19, 2016, 9:48 p.m.

A third party will just kick the can down the road a couple years further.

If we want change we will need to change.

June 19, 2016, 10:20 p.m.

No kidding.

You're a fool if you don't think Rachel Notely is a secret Grand Master of the Knights Templar and controls every last drop of Middle East oil production. I read it somewhere on the Internet.

Also in the concerned but powerless camp.

Which major political parties are in BC?
-Libs
-BC Cons
-NDP
-Green
Which else?

I'm sure the Libs will post a victory by promising to continue this wild west real estate game while the NDP's fatal blow will be some form of restriction on using BC housing for speculative and rinsing money purposes. Oh and the Fast Ferries :rolleyes:

If you're not so picky, and don't have some kind of aversion about electing someone who just might be insane or a loser, there is

British Columbia Party
Communist Party of British Columbia
British Columbia Excalibur Party
Libertarian Party
Marijuana Party
People's Front (Marxist–Leninist)
Front of the People (Leninist-Marxist)
Platinum Party of Employers Who Think and Act to Increase Awareness
Refederation Party (Western Refederation Party)
Unparty: The Consensus-Building Party (formerly the People's Senate Party)
Work Less Party of British Columbia
Your Political Party of British Columbia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_British_Columbia#Current_parties_that_have_nominated_candidates

and don't forget Godzilla Gnu, the charismatic leader who canvased on rollerblades dressed in a T-Rex costume.

June 19, 2016, 11:44 p.m.

Unfortunately the Liberals have a strong base, particularly in the Bible belt. They'll keep getting a lot of votes for some time to come.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

June 20, 2016, 2 a.m.

What does it take to form a new party? How many people are members of nsmb?

The hivemind of nsmb should be elected as premier.
All of us are better than any one of us.

edit:
looks pretty easy to form your own party, if you intend to take it seriously?

http://www.elections.bc.ca/index.php/can/polparties/political-party-registration-policy/

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

June 20, 2016, 9:10 a.m.

NBR forming it's own political party is the stuff of Zed's nightmares.

"Excuse me sir, we have a warrant and a letter from Chancellor KenN to examine your weapons and ensure all of your ammo is stored in the proper provincial armory conveniently located in Victoria."

June 20, 2016, 12:34 p.m.

oil prices…blame opec.

Who's pulling their strings, eh? Answer me that.

and don't forget Godzilla Gnu, the charismatic leader who canvased on rollerblades dressed in a T-Rex costume.

Dude, that was soooooooo satire.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 20, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

The thing is people give too much credit to the average punters political awareness. Most people under 35 are more concerned with Netflix and most over are either dumb as a stick or shit scared of change.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman