BC Liberal Party

Dec. 29, 2019, 6:43 p.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Eat the rich they're fucking worthless anyways

But I was born left/right so I must vote who is portrayed as left/right.

Even though they're the same fucking thing.

Centrist doesn't exist.  Vote for someone who isn't part of the incumbent party.  It's really that fucking easy.

Even though your neighbor shotgunned a keg, she would do better for us than someone from the provincial liberal party because she is not whipped and can't shut down the RCMP to monitor money laundering.

Fuck I can't believe I have to type this shit.

Dec. 29, 2019, 7:16 p.m.

BC Conservative Party. Fixed the thread title for you.

Dec. 29, 2019, 7:19 p.m.

Posted by: abuxton

BC Conservative Party. Fixed the thread title for you.

Please fix it for everyone who votes for them.

Myself included (when I was a paint eater).

Dec. 29, 2019, 8:16 p.m.

Wilkinson's current antics of trying to blame the NDP for the current troubles of the BC forest industry is sickening considering the NDP have only been in power 18 months and the Liberals had 16 years to do something yet they sat around with their thumbs up their asses handing out corporate tax cuts while they slash social services and programs that actually might have made a difference to the forest industry.

here's an article from 2014 on the state of the lumber industry:
https://thetyee.ca/News/2014/04/17/More-Mill-Closures/

and here's one from 2019:
https://thetyee.ca/Analysis/2019/10/07/Political-Amnesia-Fall-Of-BC-Timber/

Edit: I think it will be years yet till we fully realize the damage done to this province by Gordo and Christy. Thank god electricity in BC is fairly cheap and  BC Hydro is in healthy shape - oh wait, never mind.

Last edited by: syncro on Dec. 29, 2019, 8:19 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Dec. 29, 2019, 11:26 p.m.

The Liberals response to the struggling mills in BC was "Raw logs are available for anyone to purchase on the open market". Translate to "We will not stand up for BC jobs & will continue to suck the cock of foreign interests & big business". They could have easily curtailed raw logs being sold to offshore interests & gave BC companies first chance at buying them. More BC manufacturing means more jobs, more money being spent in the economy.

Feb. 11, 2020, 10:37 p.m.

Liberals and flies, I do despise

The more I see liberals, the more I like flies.

Feb. 12, 2020, 3:06 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

The Liberals response to the struggling mills in BC was "Raw logs are available for anyone to purchase on the open market". Translate to "We will not stand up for BC jobs & will continue to suck the cock of foreign interests & big business". They could have easily curtailed raw logs being sold to offshore interests & gave BC companies first chance at buying them. More BC manufacturing means more jobs, more money being spent in the economy.

BC companies do have first shot at buying export logs, the reality is the vast majority of what is exported (especially off the coast) is not economical to mill in Canada due to high costs.

Feb. 12, 2020, 5:26 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

BC companies do have first shot at buying export logs, the reality is the vast majority of what is exported (especially off the coast) is not economical to mill in Canada due to high costs.

It'd be interesting to see how Norway got away with socializing their oil and owning one of the biggest social safety nets in the world.

I suspect we could've been them if we weren't neighbours to the methheads down south.

Feb. 12, 2020, 5:40 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

True, but the lumber co's have been shipping off logs at higher rates lately in the interest of max profit because the Liberals change the laws to allow then to export more. And it's not only large timber mills that are shutting down due to lack of material but smaller producers that rely on waste product are also shutting down as they can no longer get material they need. It's even affecting the pulp industry - the ripple effect is bigger than people realize. Factor in the level of pine beetle kill and it's more important than ever to keep what timber we have available here for local producers to use. 

The Tyee did a great two part article on the issue, it's worth reading. 

#1 - https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/02/27/Raw-Logs-Lost-Jobs/

#2 - https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2017/02/28/Raw-Logs-Lost-Jobs/