BC lays out 5 "conditions for approval" of Northern Gateway

Dec. 6, 2016, 8:58 p.m.

i have the "gift" where i can witch it and locate underground utilities. most people think it's hokus-pokus bullshit but it works every time, gas, water, electrical and drain lines - i can find them all. it's easy to get a general idea of where the utility should be based on where it comes into the house and where the service main line is and from there it's just a matter of a few minutes to find the line.

i recently mystified reductimat by finding the drain line under his basement concrete slab.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 6, 2016, 9:47 p.m.

True, but he did say that you were overly aggressive when searching for his sewage outlet.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 6, 2016, 9:59 p.m.

True, but he did say that you were overly aggressive when searching for his sewage outlet.

didn't see that coming at all.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 7, 2016, 12:04 a.m.

No? He lives in the west end, don't he?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 7, 2016, 6:12 a.m.

So 250,000 liters of oil 70,000 of which ended up in burrard inlet, 11 houses got sprayed, 250 residents evacuated but it doesn't count as an incident because it was only human error by a sewer contracter?

Or does that highlight the concept that no matter who's fault accidents do happen

Sure it does - but it doesn't count as an incident that should be brought to light in opposition to something.

Nobody is seriously suggesting that cars and trucks need to be stricken from the road, even though there are human error incidents daily that kill millions annually involving them. They can take learnings from this, and work to prevent future incidents. Whatever though, as typically happens I'm already sick of the arguments laid forth by the good people of vancouver…

Dec. 7, 2016, 9:31 a.m.

People up here in the narth west were still nervous but nobody was suprised on the decision to kill off NG for good cuz a lot changed, no harper government (as opposed to a Canadian government)Albertans suddenly having to learn to pronounce "Tsilcotin" were the 2 biggy's, getting a fresh line built to Kitimaat was gona be pretty close to impossible, hell nobody in Alberta thot it was going to live either, as a resident of the narthwest I am basking in the nimbyism.

I think giving KM the go ahead was the tough call for JT, KM may be a working line sitting there running its out of site out of mind but the project and the tanker traffic aint popular, its got the go ahead but I have a feeling it ain't a done deal

so the KM line didn't actualy run without incident was I think the point brought up

Line 3 I would think was a no brainer and an easy sell in Alberta [HTML_REMOVED] Saskatchewan

I always thot building a line to Valdez would be a great idea, it looks like a much easier place to park a tanker and besides … its already fucked up!

Dec. 7, 2016, 10:49 a.m.

just found this article dated 2005. those guys are clever…
http://thetyee.ca/Views/2005/08/15/TerasenDeal/

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Dec. 7, 2016, 11:51 a.m.

didn't see that coming at all.

That's what he said.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 7, 2016, 7:59 p.m.

The KM line is great. Put that fucker right in people's faces. That line will have a larger impact on the choices Vangroovites make on the regular than having it outta sight outta mind tucked away up north.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 8, 2016, 12:25 a.m.

Oh yeah man, they'll park all those 4x4's 'n Lambos right quick.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 8, 2016, 5:18 a.m.

Nobody is seriously suggesting that cars and trucks need to be stricken from the road.

Clearly you haven't been listening to Vancouver mayor over the last few years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Dec. 8, 2016, 9:02 a.m.

It's probably a good time for BC to update its ground disturbance laws and practices. The brother-in-law owns an underground line locating company in AB and has started branching into BC in the last couple years. He has used the phrase "the wild west" multiple times in explaining BC's current ground disturbance rules. He figures we are about 15 years behind AB.

http://www.wildrootsphotography.ca/

Dec. 8, 2016, 9:08 a.m.

Nobody is seriously suggesting that cars and trucks need to be stricken from the road

Clearly you haven't been listening to Vancouver mayor over the last few years.

And, apparently, neither have you!

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 8, 2016, 4:40 p.m.

Too many laughs

Mayor of Fort St. John should probably stick to Mayor things

Dec. 8, 2016, 5:29 p.m.

Too many laughs

Mayor of Fort St. John should probably stick to Mayor things

I don't necessarily see anything wrong with that. Of course she is pro oil and gas.

I am probably neutral on pipelines. I see their benefit, I see their potential risk and I understand the point of view that using oil and gas is leading to climate change. However, north america isn't doing a very good job moving from oil and neither are developing countries. Both the private user and government should make efforts to reduce their consumption and it is arguably easier for the government to lead.

However, many of the people who I know are anti pipeline ride their bikes to work and try to reduce consumption, which I applaud. But then they have no trouble driving 300 km round trip to skin in the Duffey, or make trips into the interior, or to fly. I am not judging as I also fall into this category and understand that I use a fair amount of oil even though I don't drive to work.

I am glad they approved KM vs NG. If you are going to approve one, this is by far the better option. Vancouver isn't pristine compared to the north coast and there are a heck of a lot of people here to report a spill.