BC lays out 5 "conditions for approval" of Northern Gateway

Nov. 29, 2016, 10:23 p.m.

Meanwhile, the Saudis are raising their output, Iran will keep pumping with smaller and smaller margins. They want to put high-cost producers like the Canada and the US out of business. So have fun with it, guys.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/29/opec-oil-plunge-to-25-commentary.html

Maybe after the days of being an "energy superpower" those pipelines could be re-engineered to pump water from the Coast back to the prairies.

Careful with your sources. Kilduff has been calling for $25 oil since January and look at it now. Crude futures are even up a little, maybe they decided to play nice after all.

Nov. 29, 2016, 10:31 p.m.

whatever….i know this is a spectator sport for many people but i know where i was and what i saw, so draw your own conclusions. There has been tonnes of site prep and initial build for that and other projects up here that are out of sight out of mind…look beyond the coffee shop and ye shall find.

funny how youve never quizzed me about this in person.

Ime pipelines rarely come up in normal conversation

Nov. 30, 2016, 8:28 p.m.

Careful with your sources. Kilduff has been calling for $25 oil since January and look at it now. Crude futures are even up a little, maybe they decided to play nice after all.

Yeah …. its complicated.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-opec-meeting-idUSKBN13P0JA

OPEC members and Russia have agreed to coordinate for the first time in over decade. Also, members tend to agree to cuts and then cheat on their quotas …

Nov. 30, 2016, 10:40 p.m.

Oil is cheap cuz of oversupply, if they have agreed to not pump maybe the price will go up, or maybe they cheat and pump more oil which keeps the price down

Dec. 2, 2016, 8:12 a.m.

whatever….i know this is a spectator sport for many people but i know where i was and what i saw, so draw your own conclusions. There has been tonnes of site prep and initial build for that and other projects up here that are out of sight out of mind…look beyond the coffee shop and ye shall find.

funny how youve never quizzed me about this in person.

The rules were changing about laying pipe in national parks a few years back to KM built the twin through Jasper and some on either side of it to get around it. Pipe's already in the ground in the most environmentally sensitive areas, it created a ton of wealth when they did it and brought life back to a couple small mining towns in the region.The other half has been running without incident for close to 70 years…

Dec. 2, 2016, 8:33 a.m.

The other half has been running without incident for close to 70 years…

Apparently we have differing understandings of the meaning of "without incident".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/3-companies-plead-guilty-to-burnaby-oil-spill-1.1005862

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xXAlsLFhs

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 2, 2016, 9:18 a.m.

Lol…cant really blame the pipe for that….incorrect as builts from 1957

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 2, 2016, 9:21 a.m.

Even with incorrect set backs, they should have retained an utility locate contractor. To be fair, I am not sure that they didn't. I just think that it should have been pretty easy to locate.

Dec. 2, 2016, 9:24 a.m.

Even with incorrect set backs, they should have retained an utility locate contractor. To be fair, I am not sure that they didn't. I just think that it should have been pretty easy to locate.

Back in my pipe laying days we had fortis come out with their nat gas line locator bullshit. They marked it out where it wasn't. It was actually on the other side of the road. Not much faith in that.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 6, 2016, 10:22 a.m.

Apparently we have differing understandings of the meaning of "without incident".

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/3-companies-plead-guilty-to-burnaby-oil-spill-1.1005862

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6xXAlsLFhs

Apparently you still can't read the articles you've posted as back ups to your sarcastic bullshit… This was the sole fault of the excavator operator not following procedure from how I read that, all pipelines need to be day lighted by hand for a locate then excavated after… not their fault that some schlup on a hoe rushed his job or some guy in an office assumed based on a 1957 drawing where a line was. Always physically locate the line before digging. Period.

Dec. 6, 2016, 11:57 a.m.

Apparently you still can't read the articles you've posted as back ups to your sarcastic bullshit… This was the sole fault of the excavator operator not following procedure from how I read that, all pipelines need to be day lighted by hand for a locate then excavated after… not their fault that some schlup on a hoe rushed his job or some guy in an office assumed based on a 1957 drawing where a line was. Always physically locate the line before digging. Period.

this. And AW, a locator using EM should be able to find a metal pipe. As builts are notoriously wrong and if in doubt, daylight with a hydro-vac.

Dec. 6, 2016, 2:25 p.m.

So 250,000 liters of oil 70,000 of which ended up in burrard inlet, 11 houses got sprayed, 250 residents evacuated but it doesn't count as an incident because it was only human error by a sewer contracter?

Or does that highlight the concept that no matter who's fault accidents do happen

Dec. 6, 2016, 3:49 p.m.

Back in my pipe laying days we had fortis come out with their nat gas line locator bullshit. They marked it out where it wasn't. It was actually on the other side of the road. Not much faith in that.

Interesting. A friend of a friend wanted to dig in his backyard in the early 2000s. Calls ALL the utilities. His front yard looks like an urban art project w/all the paint marking the hot zones. Backyard is declared utility free, dig all you want. He knocks down a portion of his fence, rolls the rental JCB ho' into the back yard [HTML_REMOVED] digs….. 2 feet down hits the natural gas line….. [HTML_REMOVED] much hilarity ensues! 911 call, city shows up, gas guys show up [HTML_REMOVED] much finger pointing w/the general mood looking to throw the homeowner under the bus. Homeowner points out the art project on his front lawn [HTML_REMOVED] the multiple calls [HTML_REMOVED] on site visits giving him the go ahead. Dance monkeys, dance! Gas co. finally relents [HTML_REMOVED] picks up the 10 grand bill for emergency weekend repairs. Turns out the house, which sits on a corner gets its gas fed from the main street thru the backyard, Awesome! Or put another way, what Mr West said.

Dec. 6, 2016, 4:01 p.m.

Interesting. A friend of a friend wanted to dig in his backyard in the early 2000s. Calls ALL the utilities. His front yard looks like an urban art project w/all the paint marking the hot zones. Backyard is declared utility free, dig all you want. He knocks down a portion of his fence, rolls the rental JCB ho' into the back yard [HTML_REMOVED] digs….. 2 feet down hits the natural gas line….. [HTML_REMOVED] much hilarity ensues! 911 call, city shows up, gas guys show up [HTML_REMOVED] much finger pointing w/the general mood looking to throw the homeowner under the bus. Homeowner points out the art project on his front lawn [HTML_REMOVED] the multiple calls [HTML_REMOVED] on site visits giving him the go ahead. Dance monkeys, dance! Gas co. finally relents [HTML_REMOVED] picks up the 10 grand bill for emergency weekend repairs. Turns out the house, which sits on a corner gets its gas fed from the main street thru the backyard, Awesome! Or put another way, what Mr West said.

they do this shit all the time. I was working with a crew the other day and they had the plans from Fortis where the pipe will be… its not. some smart guy threw a big 90 into it and went around so it was sticking out. they caught it but only bent it up and then fortis had to come and inspect it.

Dec. 6, 2016, 4:10 p.m.

So 250,000 liters of oil 70,000 of which ended up in burrard inlet, 11 houses got sprayed, 250 residents evacuated but it doesn't count as an incident because it was only human error by a sewer contracter?

Or does that highlight the concept that no matter who's fault accidents do happen

Exactly. Apologists be apologisting.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.