BC drought and water use (merged)

July 21, 2015, 4:24 p.m.

ahhh, sweet merciful rain in Whistler right now

July 21, 2015, 8:57 p.m.

Spinner, the City of Vancouver is not the same as Metro Vancouver.

Mission [HTML_REMOVED] I think Abbotsford (both part of the Fraser Valley District), and parts of Surrey have water meters.

Installing water meters on existing properties would be big bucks as it requires excavating, underground plumbing, then landscaping the site after.

As Ken mentioned, it is also politically a tough sell as residents like paying a flat rate and then they can use as much as they want.

Richmond has meters too, at least some of it, it was optional for a while for SFDs.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

July 21, 2015, 9:27 p.m.

So we all have to tighten up boo hoo, winter will come as will the rain. But most first world people don't know how to conserve or live without.

July 21, 2015, 9:33 p.m.

Richmond has meters too, at least some of it, it was optional for a while for SFDs.

even sooke has fucking water meters

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 21, 2015, 9:39 p.m.

Installing water meters on existing properties would be big bucks as it requires excavating, underground plumbing, then landscaping the site after.

Meters can be installed inside the residence, with a reader pad on an outside wall. No holes need be dug.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 21, 2015, 10:09 p.m.

So we all have to tighten up boo hoo, winter will come as will the rain. But most first world people don't know how to conserve or live without.

Doubt most under 30 will remember being told things like when you brush your teeth to turn off the tap till your done. And other things. But that was also the time when your parents would tell you to turn off room lights even when you came back in 5 minutes later.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 21, 2015, 11:18 p.m.

Doubt most under 30 will remember being told things like when you brush your teeth to turn off the tap till your done. And other things. But that was also the time when your parents would tell you to turn off room lights even when you came back in 5 minutes later.

Yeah i guess us 40 somethings have a little of the great depression still inbred into us, my grama lived through it and that trauma/skills where passed on to my mom…another great great depression could for sure happen and the current generations will loose their minds in the fist week.

July 21, 2015, 11:20 p.m.

Most municipalities nowadays require the install of meter box and meter setter(c/w double check back flow) at property line even if they don't currently install meters (single family). Older houses won't have this though

The problem with universal metering is partly political, not Mayor wants to piss off (some) voters by bringing in metered water. Metro van should force the muni's.

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

July 21, 2015, 11:26 p.m.

Its all been done before…climate change? No, climate cycle…

http://www.cbc.ca/history/EPISCONTENTSE1EP13CH1PA2LE.html

July 22, 2015, 12:33 a.m.

Whistler is realizing it is a water abuser.

Reverse Course: Changing our minds about water
http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/reverse-course/Content?oid=2665273

July 22, 2015, 9:18 a.m.

Whistler is realizing it is a water abuser.

Reverse Course: Changing our minds about water
http://www.piquenewsmagazine.com/whistler/reverse-course/Content?oid=2665273

This is all good. Clean water is a valuable (and shrinking) resource and its time we started treating it as such.

Its all been done before…climate change? No, climate cycle…

http://www.cbc.ca/history/EPISCONTENTSE1EP13CH1PA2LE.html

The dust bowl was partially caused by drought, but it is universally acknowledged now that poor agricultural practices prolonged it and made if far worse. A massive land rehabilitation project, improved land management and cultivation practices are what brought America back from the brink. How do you think all those billions of tons of topsoil that were blown away in the 1930s returned to the Great Plains?

Yeah i guess us 40 somethings have a little of the great depression still inbred into us, my grama lived through it and that trauma/skills where passed on to my mom…another great great depression could for sure happen and the current generations will loose their minds in the fist week.

We used to collect rainwater from the eavestough drainpipes and bathtub water (including from showering with the drain plugged) to water the garden. (Spoken in a Yorkshire accent).

July 22, 2015, 9:25 a.m.

I remember I asked the question about the toof brush taps on here like 10 years ago. whole lotta water waster were up in here back then.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

July 22, 2015, 10:03 a.m.

Dude remember the huge Easter NA black out back in 2003? Was entertainment to watch people with no clue.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 22, 2015, 10:04 a.m.

Pass by one house in Ladner on the way to work and his lawn is wet and green every day! No shade either… goof

July 22, 2015, 11:05 a.m.

You work for Nestle