BC drought and water use (merged)

July 9, 2015, 11:20 a.m.

Watering restrictions mean tickets for Metro Vancouver water hogs
The district imposed Stage 2 water restrictions last week, but many residents are not getting the message

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/watering-restrictions-mean-tickets-for-metro-vancouver-water-hogs-1.3144007

The ratio of warnings to tickets seems to be off?

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay Delta!
I'm guessing the high use in Delta is related to all the agriculture including the greenhouses.

My grass hasn't been watered this year although we are still watering trees [HTML_REMOVED] bushes about once a week.

July 9, 2015, 12:02 p.m.

Too many really clean cars around still. I don't really get that one. It is just a car. My bike is totally dusty. The stanchions are wiped though and I may spit some camelbak water on all my sweat stains but that's about it. If it's brown flush down but if it's yellow,let it mellow. We all need to be a bit more aware of our water use.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

July 9, 2015, 12:27 p.m.

Went for a walk around our neighborhood last night. Pretty obvious there are a number of people ignoring the rules. A whole bunch of brown lawns then a nice green one. We ever saw a dude openly watering his lawn.

If you see someone what can you do? In there a number we can call. We live in Burnaby.

Does the restriction extend to car washing? Can you wash your car during the lawn watering period or is it not allowed at all?

July 9, 2015, 12:42 p.m.

Be Water Wise This Hot, Dry Summer
http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/water/conservation-reservoir-levels/summer-water-2015/Pages/default.aspx

GVWD Water Shortage Response Plan – At a Glance
http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/water/WaterPublications/WSRP_At_a_Glance_2015_TableOnly.pdf

"For general WSRP information, please contact the Metro Vancouver Information Centre at 604-432-6200."

July 9, 2015, 1:20 p.m.

Went for a walk around our neighborhood last night. Pretty obvious there are a number of people ignoring the rules. A whole bunch of brown lawns then a nice green one. We ever saw a dude openly watering his lawn.

If you see someone what can you do? In there a number we can call. We live in Burnaby.

Does the restriction extend to car washing? Can you wash your car during the lawn watering period or is it not allowed at all?

Burnaby Water dept non emergency line is: 604-294-7460

I'm starting to call 311 on people in Vancouver. Call me a "snitch" or whatever makes you feel better about yourself, but I saw so much water wastage on my nightly walk with my daughter just last night. I saw a dude literally spraying the side of his house, just standing still and spraying back and forth, back and forth. I saw a guy washing his car with his house garden hose, when he set the hose down to wash the car with a rag, he didn't bother turning the hose off, just let it run. I saw people with their sprinklers running, and getting more sidewalk/street than lawn or garden. It's ridiculous…

Ride, don't slide.

July 9, 2015, 1:52 p.m.

^^ thats not snitching, thats just being a responsible citizen

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 9, 2015, 3:21 p.m.

I never wash my car. I am just that dedicated to saving water.

July 9, 2015, 4:10 p.m.

Funny. All this talk about residents cutting their water use but I don't hear a peep out of the cities to reduce the industrial water use……

car washes
slide the city (WTF) 50 000l apparently is ok
breweries (ok maybe they can keep using water)
nestle…

all use an insane amount of water yet a resident gets a fine for watering their lawn once a week.

Water restrictions are a good thing but they should be across the board.

July 9, 2015, 5:18 p.m.

I read that companies that do pressure washing are not allowed to operate but other then that….

July 9, 2015, 7:43 p.m.

All of Metro Van is stage 2 as of last friday. Stage 3 will come if the weather stays dry.

Here are the regulations for the different stages:

http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/water/WaterPublications/WSRP_At_a_Glance_2015_TableOnly.pdf

Nanaimo Regional District is stage 4

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

July 9, 2015, 9:40 p.m.

Funny. All this talk about residents cutting their water use but I don't hear a peep out of the cities to reduce the industrial water use……

car washes
slide the city (WTF) 50 000l apparently is ok
breweries (ok maybe they can keep using water)
nestle…

all use an insane amount of water yet a resident gets a fine for watering their lawn once a week.

Water restrictions are a good thing but they should be across the board.

minus the breweries, banning all of the above is a great idea, however, i don't think any but nestle are industrial uses.
however the lawn is usually number one, because it is a complete vanity item that can use a TON of water.
a co-worker just let me know a few days ago that the river level went up, as they released more water from teh 4th lake dam for the harmac mill intake. it was getting too low to get water into the penstocks. so some heavy users are job creators and a huge tax base. lawns are just a 'my dick is bigger' contest, only with grass!

and it looks like slide the city actually is an ok use of water.
http://www.slidethecity.com/water-conservation/
if they follow through with their propaganda.

July 9, 2015, 9:59 p.m.

I have nothing to add to this except fuck Nestle.

July 9, 2015, 10:02 p.m.

It's insane that they're doing their thing while people are turning on each other for washing their cars and watering their lawns.

www.natooke.com

July 9, 2015, 10:09 p.m.

Yep….so besides interweb tough talk,who's gonna go up there with the torches and pitchforks and tell em to gtfo?

Nobody….thats who.

Pastor of Muppets

July 9, 2015, 10:13 p.m.

Yep….so besides interweb tough talk,who's gonna go up there with the torches and pitchforks and tell em to gtfo?

Nobody….thats who.

I'll do what I can. Spread the word, understand what Nestle is, change my spending habits accordingly, and preach to anyone who'll listen.

I'll stay within the law for now.