BC drought and water use (merged)

July 24, 2015, 7:55 a.m.

It's raining. Crisis averted.

July 24, 2015, 8:23 a.m.

City workers can still water plants?

Drink beer, water plants. Problem solved.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 24, 2015, 8:27 a.m.

I just made 2 batches of beer using municipal tap water. Will drinking it will it give me Lupus or super powers? I need to know so I can plan the rest of my year either in medical treatment or as a night time super powered crime fighting vigilante.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 24, 2015, 8:35 a.m.

You're fucked. Might as well toss your ass off a bridge and save yourself the suffering you'll be feeling for the next 4 months before you die horribly.

Should've used Nestle(TM) bottled water in 500ml measured doses.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 24, 2015, 9:32 a.m.

I just made 2 batches of beer using municipal tap water. Will drinking it will it give me Lupus or super powers? I need to know so I can plan the rest of my year either in medical treatment or as a night time super powered crime fighting vigilante.

Gawd … I don't even let my dog drink tap water after Spinner's public health warnings about muni water. I buy Nestle water and distill it a fused-quartz, dust-free distillation apparatus before coming into physical contact with it.

July 24, 2015, 9:45 a.m.

Gawd … I don't even let my dog drink tap water after Spinner's public health warnings about muni water. I buy Nestle water and distill it a all-quartz distillation apparatus.

The Municipal water system in the Lower Mainland has become so contaminated, the Province has decided that in the people's best interest, they will cap off the reservoir and truck in bottled water from our Nestle bottling plant. The bottles will then be emptied into a giant pink funnel and piped through the existing infrastructure to homes for a modest fee. The bottles will then be returned to their natural habitat in the Pacific garbage patch where we hope they will breed and we can harvest future generations of plastic water bottles to be used as a renewable source of clean energy. - Jack Nestle, 2015

Another Nestle press release.

July 24, 2015, 10:44 a.m.

In the good old days, beer was The Way that municipal common water was made drinkable. It is the only way that effectively removes all pathogens. (Possible myth but retold by someone during craft brewery tour)

And the Irish did find a recipe that added a green super power glow.

:)

July 24, 2015, 11:04 a.m.

In the good old days, beer was The Way that municipal common water was made drinkable. It is the only way that effectively removes all pathogens.

i subscribe to this philosophy. i think coffee neutralizes said pathogens as well.

July 24, 2015, 11:06 a.m.

City workers can still water plants?

All can water with trigger nozzle

We need more than a few days of rain to avert crisis.

July 24, 2015, 11:16 a.m.

^^ entirely true, in the UK they brewed what was known a small beer, essentially a low alcohol barley drink ideal for the whole family to drink. There is a particular good rant against tea and for small beer in William Cobbett's cottage economy.

And thanks to the internet here it is

The drink which has come to supply the place of beer has, in general, been tea. It is notorious that tea has no useful strength in it; that it contains nothing nutritious; that it, besides being good for nothing, has badness in it, because it is well known to produce want of sleep in many cases, and in all cases, to shake and weaken the nerves. It is, in fact, a weaker kind of laudanum, which enlivens for the moment and deadens afterwards. At any rate it[Pg 15] communicates no strength to the body; it does not, in any degree, assist in affording what labour demands. It is, then, of no use. And, now, as to its cost, compared with that of_beer_. I shall make my comparison applicable to a year, or three hundred and sixty-five days. I shall suppose the tea to be only five shillings the pound; the sugar only sevenpence; the milk only twopence a quart. The prices are at the very lowest. I shall suppose a tea-pot to cost a shilling, six cups and saucers two shillings and sixpence, and six pewter spoons eighteen-pence. How to estimate the firing I hardly know; but certainly there must be in the course of the year, two hundred fires made that would not be made, were it not for tea drinking. Then comes the great article of all, the time employed in this tea-making affair. It is impossible to make a fire, boil water, make the tea, drink it, wash up the things, sweep up the fire-place, and put all to rights again, in a less space of time, upon an average, than two hours. However, let us allow_one hour_; and here we have a woman occupied no less than three hundred and sixty-five hours in the year, or thirty whole days, at twelve hours in the day; that is to say, one month out of the twelve in the year, besides the waste of the man’s time in hanging about waiting for the tea! Needs there any thing more to make us cease to wonder at seeing labourers’children with dirty linen and holes in the heels of their stockings? Observe, too, that the time thus spent is, one half of it, the best time of the day. It is the top of the morning, which, in every calling of life, contains an hour worth two or three hours of the afternoon. By the time that the clattering tea tackle is out of the way, the morning is spoiled; its prime is gone; and any work that is to be done afterwards lags heavily along. If the mother have to go out to work, the tea affair must all first be over. She comes into the field, in summer time, when the sun has gone a third part of his course. She has the heat of the day to encounter, instead of having her work done and being ready to return home at any early hour. Yet early she must go, too: for, there is the[Pg 16] fire again to be made, the clattering tea-tackle again to come forward; and even in the longest day she must have candle light, which never ought to be seen in a cottage (except in case of illness) from March to September.

In other news fun times were spent siphoning bathwater to try and prevent recently laid lawn death

Shredding hypothetical gnarr

July 24, 2015, 11:18 a.m.

In the good old days, beer was The Way that municipal common water was made drinkable. It is the only way that effectively removes all pathogens. (Possible myth but retold by someone during craft brewery tour)

:)

Distilled grain spirits, maybe but not beer.

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/articles/40270/straight-dope-beer-and-wine-are-sterilemdashright/

July 24, 2015, 2:34 p.m.

Penelope Cruz in conjunction with Nestle would like you to know that watering your lawn with bottled water is sexy.

July 24, 2015, 3:07 p.m.

And now it looks like a monster El Nino is on the way. :(

July 24, 2015, 3:15 p.m.

Story over does it. Prarie crop should yield 5 to 8 percent below trend line averages

Buy I'm not hopeful about ski season

July 24, 2015, 4:29 p.m.

people used to complain about the rain… Mother Nature is teaching us a lesson