BB10

March 15, 2013, 10:03 a.m.

I dont use outlook personally, i use google mail, and google calendar, which also automatically syncs phone and pc lists. To each thier own i guess?

Exchange/Outlook is still the gold standard in the enterprise, which was always BB's core market. BB will push hard for corporate adoption (lots of companies don't want the IT costs associated with multiple mobile platform support).

March 15, 2013, 1:39 p.m.

Exchange/Outlook is still the gold standard in the enterprise, which was always BB's core market. BB will push hard for corporate adoption (lots of companies don't want the IT costs associated with multiple mobile platform support).

I guess that is the reason I was looking for. If you are not in a large corporate environment BB doesn't have the same appeal. I use Outlook for my Gmail and it does what you describe.

March 15, 2013, 7:57 p.m.

I guess that is the reason I was looking for. If you are not in a large corporate environment BB doesn't have the same appeal. I use Outlook for my Gmail and it does what you describe.

Question - Does Gmail push mail to your mobile?

I've always been impressed that even when I'm at work email arrives on my BB before my desktop.

March 15, 2013, 11:18 p.m.

The BB store has less apps than what has never been downloaded from the Apple store.

Exchange is really good. Using their clients (Windows app or webmail) spoils you; having to use something like GMail or Shaw or Telus webmail is like going back in time.

As long as a device does what you need it to do, pick which one does it best.

The display on the BB10 is really good. Now we'll have to wait and see how superfine the S4 is with it's gazillion pixels per inch.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 16, 2013, 6:23 a.m.

Question - Does Gmail push mail to your mobile?

I've always been impressed that even when I'm at work email arrives on my BB before my desktop.

Yep…

April 11, 2013, 5:18 p.m.

Got mine yesterday.

V impressed.

Went to use my old one to get some info off it - the difference between the two BB's couldn't be bigger.

Will update after the first time I drop the new one…

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

April 12, 2013, 1:47 p.m.

Shit no - free Angry Birds Star Wars? There goes my productivity…

My blog - read it!

April 12, 2013, 1:56 p.m.

Shit no - free Angry Birds Star Wars? There goes my productivity…

Downloading that game is a mistake.

Sonic The Hedgehog is also available for BB10 if you are looking to make more mistakes.

April 12, 2013, 2 p.m.

Got mine yesterday.

V impressed.

Went to use my old one to get some info off it - the difference between the two BB's couldn't be bigger.

Will update after the first time I drop the new one…

How's the mail and calendar apps?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

April 12, 2013, 2:14 p.m.

How's the mail and calendar apps?

Very easy to use! I really like the new BB Hub - easy to get at and clear all notifications.

The apps are pretty much identical to my playbook, so I've been using them for a couple of months.

My blog - read it!

April 12, 2013, 2:34 p.m.

Z10 returns outpacing Z10 sales?

ouch.

April 12, 2013, 3:15 p.m.

BlackBerry seeks official probe of analyst report claiming high return rates

Anne Buckley, general counsel and chief compliance officer at Detwiler Fenton, said the firm stands by its claims and welcomes any regulatory inquiry into the report. She also noted that neither its research analyst nor any officer or director at the firm owns BlackBerry shares.

BlackBerry has said Detwiler Fenton refused to make its report or its methodology available even after the smartphone maker said the findings were "absolutely false."

The report tarnishes what has been a relatively smooth launch for the new BlackBerry touchscreen in the United States, though sales figures haven't been made public by the company. While some analysts have expressed concern over the lack of promotional marketing, few have called it an outright failure.

BlackBerry chief executive Thorsten Heins said sales of the BlackBerry Z10 have been meeting expectations and data collected from retailers and carriers demonstrate that customers are satisfied with their devices.

How, mathematically, is it possible for returns to "exceed sales", anyway?

If Detwiler Fenton has a large short position on BB stock, then it would be in their interest to publish a negative report. And theirs is the only report making that assertion.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 12, 2013, 3:21 p.m.

Kn.

If you sold 10 things in Q1, then in Q2, you only sold 2 things but 8 people from Q1 returned your stuff, returns would be outpacing sales in Q2.

April 12, 2013, 3:23 p.m.

Fair 'nuff … And do you believe this to be the case?

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 12, 2013, 3:24 p.m.

If Detwiler Fenton has a large short position on BB stock, then it would be in their interest to publish a negative report. And theirs is the only report making that assertion.

Kn.

Seems to me that no matter what BB does, there is a very vocal anti-BB segment on the press and online…

My blog - read it!