Banned in the USA

July 6, 2012, 12:31 p.m.

Fast Orange implied it and I was referring to his post. Rather than start off by arguing about the perceived injustice I tried (and obviously failed) to sarcastically show how idiotic comparing the two 'injustices' appeared.

So you believe that pot should be illegal?

July 6, 2012, 12:53 p.m.

Hopefully this will deter Eastern Canadians form invading our beaches in New England in the summer. Whoever thinks that Canadians look good in grape-smuggling bathing suit are nuts. Atleast our fat people cover up for the most part.

Those people are Quebecois … they don't consider themselves Canadian. I used to live around the border between Ontario and Quebec. When you were on the lake in the summer you could always tell the English and French apart. The guys trolling for bass in speedos were Frenchies for sure.

July 6, 2012, 12:56 p.m.

Those people are Quebecois … they don't consider themselves Canadian. I used to live around the border between Ontario and Quebec. When you were on the lake in the summer you could always tell the English and French apart. The guys trolling for bass in speedos were Frenchies for sure.

Beat me too it….

July 6, 2012, 1 p.m.

If your not banned from the USA you've not lived. All posting on this thread will now be banned/held/intimidated and scrutinized. Welcome to the modern world.

Welcome to the NWO….prison planet:bandit:

July 6, 2012, 2:03 p.m.

I don't smoke the stuff so really couldn't care less either way. There seem to be good arguments for both sides but since it's not an issue that is high on my priorities I haven't really given it much thought.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

July 6, 2012, 2:11 p.m.

I don't smoke the stuff so really couldn't care less either way. There seem to be good arguments for both sides but since it's not an issue that is high on my priorities I haven't really given it much thought.

my dad is square as they come, doesn't drink even…the other day he blurts out, much to my surprise, how much of a waste the war on drugs, and especially pot, is. Shocked me, but if he's come around methinks the writing is on the wall….people finally get that it doesn't make sense to fight so hard, and fail so miserably, such a benign substance.

July 6, 2012, 2:44 p.m.

my dad is square as they come, doesn't drink even…the other day he blurts out, much to my surprise, how much of a waste the war on drugs, and especially pot, is. Shocked me, but if he's come around methinks the writing is on the wall….people finally get that it doesn't make sense to fight so hard, and fail so miserably, such a benign substance.

Agreed, it is a waste, but it is NOT an injustice.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 6, 2012, 3:16 p.m.

Agreed, it is a waste, but it is NOT an injustice.

This is a matter of opinion. An injustice is an unfair act, and having it as an illegal substance seems unfair to me, maybe not to others.

It is definitely an unnecessary law.

July 6, 2012, 3:19 p.m.

I hear ya, although I would say it should be on your priority list. Whether you smoke it or not, you do pay a lot to fight those that do. The bulk of the money Canada spends on frighting drug use is focused on pot, leaving fighting shit like meth completely underfunded.

July 6, 2012, 3:39 p.m.

This is a matter of opinion. An injustice is an unfair act, and having it as an illegal substance seems unfair to me, maybe not to others.

It is definitely an unnecessary law.

??
injustice
noun
lack of fairness or justice; the injustice of the death penalty.

• and unjust act or occurence : brooding over life's injustices.

I'm not allowed to smoke weed, you're not allowed to smoke weed, sounds fair.

From wiki:

Injustice refers to either the absence, or the opposite, of justice.[1] The term may be applied either in reference to a particular event or act, or to a larger status quo. The term generally refers to misuse, abuse, neglect, or malfeasance that is uncorrected or else sanctioned by a legal system. Misuse and abuse with regard to a particular case or context may represents a systemic failure to serve the cause of justice (cf. legal vacuum). Injustice means "gross unfairness." Injustice may be classified as a different system in comparison to different countries concept of justice and injustice. It may be simply the result of the flawed human decision making[2] that the system is supposed to protect against.

According to Plato, he doesn't know what justice is but he knows what justice is not.

The Innocence Project provides a wealth of tragic cases in which the U.S. justice system prosecuted and convicted the wrong person.

Someone not allowed to do a drug to get high is not an injustice. Prohibition was not
an injustice, stupid, but not an injustice. You feel it may be unfair because your are
not legally allowed to do something you WANT to do. You have a choice not to do it.
It's like a child in a candy store when mom says "no, you can't have that candy bar"
and the child retorts "you're not being fair". No, mom is just preventing you from
getting something you would like.

Now if you feel that weed is something you MUST have to survive, I suggest seeking help.
If put on a ballot I would choose to make EVERY drug legal. No more needs for prescriptions
nothing. LSD, mushrooms, weed, percocet, whatever you want should be legal if you can show
you are sound of mind and old enough to make a sound decision. It's your
life, you should be able to do whatever you want with it as long as you don't hurt
other people/society or prevent them from doing what they want to do as long as they
aren't hurting people or society. BTW, you wreck the environment you hurt society.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 6, 2012, 3:43 p.m.

Right. And Rosa Parks should have just gotten the fuck up. She was breaking the law after all, wether or not she thought it was wrong it was still the law.

People like you make me sick. If everyone was like you we would still have slaves and women wouldn't be allowed to vote. Because in your world we should all just obey the law without question and shut the fuck up no matter how retarded the law is.

People like me make you sick? My post just got repped by 3 people, so I'm not alone in my thinking. Check yourself.

Thread killer

July 6, 2012, 3:51 p.m.

The bulk of the money Canada spends on frighting drug use is focused on pot, leaving fighting shit like meth completely underfunded.

You might say a "scary" amount of money is spent!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 6, 2012, 4:42 p.m.

you do drugs, get busted, there are consequences; be a man about it or whine on the internet is your choice.

true - you make your own bed

but… who would've ever though that the consequence of having a house party is being banned from the US? Or having a muslim name. Or having a bike rack that once partially obscured your license plate. People seem to randomly get banned for some trivial reasons.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

July 6, 2012, 4:46 p.m.

I'm with your dad. I don't smoke pot, or do any illegal drugs for that matter, and I don't drink much more either.

It's a giant waste of money, and you can even argue that it creates an inflated economy for the drug gangs. Banning drugs is much like banning any other substance or object. It didn't work for alcohol, it doesn't work for guns and it doesn't work for drugs.

Politicians don't seem to get this though.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

July 6, 2012, 4:49 p.m.

You might say a "scary" amount of money is spent!

Kn.

I would like to peg your personality type……but a picture can sum it up

:martini: