Banned in the USA

July 6, 2012, 9:01 a.m.

and the funniest part is that weed is psuedo legal in what, 17 States now?

July 6, 2012, 9:21 a.m.

Hopefully this will deter Eastern Canadians form invading our beaches in New England in the summer. Whoever thinks that Canadians look good in grape-smuggling bathing suit are nuts. Atleast our fat people cover up for the most part.

July 6, 2012, 9:36 a.m.

true - but you can't say that it should be a surprise. you do drugs, get busted, there are consequences; be a man about it or whine on the internet is your choice. good deterrent to NOT do drugs, I'll make sure to remind my kids

I agree. Whether or not you think pot should be legal, the fact is that it is illegal. If you get caught with it, it's on you, so don't whine on teh interwebz about it.

:woot: I agree.

I've got a squeaky clean record and I was able to make 5 roundtrips to the USA with an expired passport before I realized it was expired by 6 months. Oops.

July 6, 2012, 9:45 a.m.

I agree. Whether or not you think pot should be legal, the fact is that it is illegal. If you get caught with it, it's on you, so don't whine on teh interwebz about it.

-"But, I don't feel it should be illegal, so instead of getting involved and changing the
system I'd rather complain when I get caught."
^this seems to be the general consensus among pot smokers. While I feel it should be legal
too, I don't care enough to break the law or get involved to change the law. Basically, I'd
put a check on the ballot to legalize it, but I won't write any letters.

and the funniest part is that weed is psuedo legal in what, 17 States now?

Not according to the federal government. ATF still makes raids on "registered" pot dispensaries
and those people can go to federal prison.

And for all the people that feel that the USA is being unfair…it goes both ways. I could
not get in Canada if I was busted for pot, even if it was a small amount. I can't think
of any law off the top of my head that is legal in Canada but illegal in the States, but
if I were busted for an offense in the States that was legal in Canada, I'd still be
turned away at the boarder. It's the new world, and right or wrong, that is the way it
is. And, if you ever want to work in a different country, stay clean.

On a somewhat related note.
Directly from my citizenship handbook:
Responsibilities of a Canadian-

1- Obeying the law…no person or group is above the law.

2- Taking responsibility for oneself and ones family

If you are busted for possession here, you broke the law, and if you aren't allowed into
another country because of it, take responsibility for what you did.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

July 6, 2012, 9:48 a.m.

true - but you can't say that it should be a surprise. you do drugs, get busted, there are consequences; be a man about it or whine on the internet is your choice. good deterrent to NOT do drugs, I'll make sure to remind my kids

Isn't it really just a good deterrent for procrastinating getting a pardon for your possession charge in the rare case that you actually get busted in Canada?

And am I the only one that noticed that yourmom never actually said the charge was for weed?

July 6, 2012, 9:50 a.m.

Right. And Rosa Parks should have just gotten the fuck up. She was breaking the law after all, wether or not she thought it was wrong it was still the law.

People like you make me sick. If everyone was like you we would still have slaves and women wouldn't be allowed to vote. Because in your world we should all just obey the law without question and shut the fuck up no matter how retarded the law is.

www.natooke.com

July 6, 2012, 10:10 a.m.

Right. And Rosa Parks should have just gotten the fuck up. She was breaking the law after all, wether or not she thought it was wrong it was still the law.

People like you make me sick. If everyone was like you we would still have slaves and women wouldn't be allowed to vote. Because in your world we should all just obey the law without question and shut the fuck up no matter how retarded the law is.

Ya, illegal pot and legalized slavery are very similar injustices. Well maybe to pot smokers they are :lol:

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

July 6, 2012, 10:11 a.m.

You're equating slavery and human civil liberties to smoking a drug?
You must be smoking crack.

BTW http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosa_parks

Rosa Parks was arrested in the Montgomery Bus incident on December 1, 1955, and was bailed out the next evening by E.D. Nixon and Clifford Durr. She stood trial on December 5, 1955.

Four days later, Parks was tried on charges of disorderly conduct and violating a local ordinance. The trial lasted 30 minutes. After being found guilty and fined $10, plus $4 in court costs[13], Parks appealed her conviction and formally challenged the legality of racial segregation.

On the day of Parks' trial — Monday, December 5, 1955 — the WPC distributed the 35,000 leaflets. The handbill read,

"We are…asking every Negro to stay off the buses Monday in protest of the arrest and trial … You can afford to stay out of school for one day. If you work, take a cab, or walk. But please, children and grown-ups, don't ride the bus at all on Monday. Please stay off the buses Monday."

In the end, black residents of Montgomery continued the boycott for 381 days, at considerable personal sacrifice. Dozens of public buses stood idle for months, severely damaging the bus transit company's finances, until the city repealed its law requiring segregation on public buses following the US Supreme Court ruling that it was unconstitutional.

So when are all the pot heads going to start with the protests and supreme court rulings? So basically
you're telling me that potheads get beat up by non-potheads, are told they can't go to a restaurant
because they like to smoke weed, can't rent houses, have to use the back door, and get degraded and
treated like non-humans?

You are creeping into..no leaping into Tungsten territory with that comment. :nono:

July 6, 2012, 10:25 a.m.

, he made the mistake of admitting , when asked , if he'd had any trouble ……….

Yeah, never hang yourself with your own rope. :nono:

Way back, say, 15, maybe 20yr ago before all the info share shit hit the fan freaky dude (henceforth to be known as FD) was in Bellingham filling gaz tank.

FD has turrets you see. Not bad, but when he don't take his medication (which he hates 'cause it has some, um, effects, man) he has a very visible tick. Head jerks left and he snorts, LOUD and HARD. Like he's trying to suck back post nasal drip from a gram of blow or sumpin'.

Anyways, FD is pumpin' and snortin' and twitchin' and all the while there's this Bellingham cop parked across the street takin' it all in who decides he'd better check this FD with the BC plates out.

So lawman drives over "let's see your ID, where you been, what'ya been doin', giving a slide show to friends? (FD fancies himself a photographer see) that's nice, ever been in trouble?"

So dumb fuck FD tells the cop about how he once got busted cultivating 'shrooms in Nanaimo! :stupid: :clap:

Out come the cuffs, down to the station, processed, deported, truck seized impounded cost him like $5000.00 to get it back. I think he still has to circumvent the States when he flys.

What an idiot. You see, FD really is a real life tin-foiler and even way back then he thought all that info was being shared internationally. :rolleyes:

I never wander off script with lawmen/customs guys. They only ever get what they ask for.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 6, 2012, 10:32 a.m.

potheads get beat up by non-potheads (the cops? ya figger?), can't rent houses, , and get degraded and
treated like non-humans?:

wtf are you talking about, sunny jim? This happens all across amerikkka all the time!

FRED GARDNER

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

July 6, 2012, 10:33 a.m.

So you agree that illegal pot is an injustice?

:smokey:

Nope, but I'm sure some people do.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

July 6, 2012, 11:24 a.m.

When you said "Ya, illegal pot and legalized slavery are very similar injustices." it did imply that illegal pot is an injustice though didn't it?

It certainly did.

July 6, 2012, 11:28 a.m.

FD has turrets you see.

Turret:

Possibly gives an idea as to why FD was in so much trouble. Unless, of course, you meant to say Tourette's syndrome.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

July 6, 2012, 11:39 a.m.

wtf are you talking about, sunny jim? This happens all across amerikkka all the time!

FRED GARDNER

Show me something other than a counter punch rant. I have counter punch on my "ignore"
list.

I've lived all over the states, I used to smoke weed when I was a child. I've lived in
the south, my grandmother and uncles were/are hillbillies. I've seen/heard and grew up
knowing the filth that is spewed and when Rosa was doing her thing, it was way worse.
A little police brutality is nothing compared to what black people went through in the
states and especially in the south. It cracks me up because unless you were down there
in the late 60's early 70's you don't know shit, and by the time I was down there and
old enough to understand what was going on (60's/70's), it was way worse.

To even think that what the blacks went through then (hell and now in some parts) and
what the worst a pot smoker has ever gone through is showing your ignorance on the
situation.

Before you tell me I don't know what a pot smoker goes through or police injustice, my
father smuggled, and dealt my whole life. He spent far more time in jail than out from
the time I was born till he died a few years back. I was in the room when the FBI came
in our apartment in Oakland and arrested my dad and mother. I've seen the visiting rooms
of the LA jailhouse, Terminal island, Lompoc, and several local county and city jails.

So stop talking shit and comparing what Rosa Parks did and what some fucking dipwad with
a joint went through when he got stopped by a cop and gave him shit.

July 6, 2012, 11:43 a.m.

When you said "Ya, illegal pot and legalized slavery are very similar injustices." it did imply that illegal pot is an injustice though didn't it?

It certainly did.

Fast Orange implied it and I was referring to his post. Rather than start off by arguing about the perceived injustice I tried (and obviously failed) to sarcastically show how idiotic comparing the two 'injustices' appeared.