Bad 80's TV

Sept. 22, 2020, 12:20 p.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: PaulB

I loved Airwolf... I suspect it was not nearly as cool as I thought it was.

I remember being crushed that the A-Team was on the same night & time as my basketball practice, which meant I could never see it.

Airwolf was my favourite. A mach one helicopter. Can you imagine what a terrifying death that would be?

As a kid, I always thought airwolf should fly MacGyver around.

I always thought Airwolf and Knight Rider needed to team up. They just needed a show with a cool boat to rule land, sea and air.

While we are on the subject of our latch key lives in the '80s, has anyone watched Class Action Park?

Last edited by: chupacabra on Sept. 22, 2020, 12:20 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 22, 2020, 3:34 p.m.

I remember being crushed that the A-Team was on the same night & time as my basketball practice, which meant I could never see it.

Airwolf was my favourite. A mach one helicopter. Can you imagine what a terrifying death that would be?

I always thought Airwolf and Knight Rider needed to team up. They just needed a show with a cool boat to rule land, sea and air.

While we are on the subject of our latch key lives in the '80s, has anyone watched Class Action Park?

No but I saw the trailer. Looks so good

Sept. 23, 2020, 10:10 a.m.

Posted by: Brocklanders

No but I saw the trailer. Looks so good

It's insane, horrible, and yet also hilarious.  The rides were so unsafe, teens ran everything and somehow parents were OK with their kids packing the place.  It was the epitome of life in the '80s.

Sept. 23, 2020, 11:39 a.m.

How about that big yellow scarab with the 'Hoff and Pam?

Sept. 23, 2020, 12:23 p.m.

How about that big yellow scarab with the 'Hoff and Pam?

It was pretty sweet, but it would need lasers or a rocket or something.  And Hoff was already driving the car so it would have to be just Pammy.

Sept. 23, 2020, 1:32 p.m.

That 'MacGyver' has been officially added to the OED as a verb says a lot about how popular that show was.

Sept. 23, 2020, 6:07 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

He could also skim over a sand bar with that jet boat of his.

He had to cheat and do that to beat my uncle's boat in the first race.  When they both followed the same course with no short-cuts, the Loud and Proud was victorious (of course the Nitrous Nick added helped...)

I saw the pilot of Manimal when it first aired and the panther transformation scarred me for life...

Sept. 23, 2020, 6:11 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA1NT4I0s34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nYeXgY7tCY

Anyone remember Soundproof? Been eating the memberberries

Last edited by: Brocklanders on Sept. 23, 2020, 6:13 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 25, 2020, 9:30 p.m.

not sure if this was just an ontario thing, but fergie oliver who i remember from being a sportscaster for the blue jays, also did Just Like Mom, like a game show with kids...it's way overly creepy to look at this video i just googled about the show.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiA5Z0czjyI

Sept. 25, 2020, 9:42 p.m.

sometimes i can't believe my parents let me watch the stuff i did when i was a kid...remember bizarre?  the origins of super-dave osbourne but also really off-colour stuff, maybe normal back then.  this shouldn't be in a bad 80s tv thread as i still think this show is hillarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT1WV5_TCNE

Sept. 25, 2020, 10:14 p.m.

anybody remember the truly tasteless joke books in the 80s? me and my friends used to read these in the local w.h. smith at our mall.  super racist and sexist, dead baby jokes, all that stuff

Sept. 26, 2020, 10:56 a.m.

Posted by: johnny_deformed

sometimes i can't believe my parents let me watch the stuff i did when i was a kid...remember bizarre?  the origins of super-dave osbourne but also really off-colour stuff, maybe normal back then.  this shouldn't be in a bad 80s tv thread as i still think this show is hillarious

I loved Bizarre!  Yes, even as a kid it seemed unbelievable what they did on that show.  I've read that they edited two versions... a relatively clean one for CTV, and a raunchier (mostly nudity and swearing) for Showtime in the US.