awd vs 4wd

Dec. 31, 2008, 2:40 a.m.

ABS sure wouldn't help ATB when the idiot drunk surrey truck driver pulled out into the highway. ;)

oh hai!

Dec. 31, 2008, 2:42 a.m.

it wasnt the highway, just a side road(50 or 70), i dont even think i had a chance to use the brakes.

Dec. 31, 2008, 2:47 a.m.

it wasnt the highway, just a side road(50 or 70), i dont even think i had a chance to use the brakes.

if that thing had ABS all it would be doing when that F350 popped out infront of the tiny FOX would be making high pitched pulsating noise laughing at your doom and of course with a little final touch when the "BRAKE SENSOR LIGHT" turns on.

oh hai!

Dec. 31, 2008, 6:48 a.m.

A good ABS system combined with ESC works well, but of course there are flaws in pretty much everything:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/killer-abs-abs-braking-increases-rollover-risk-by-51/

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 31, 2008, 8:30 a.m.

All I know is LSD's + downshifting in snow= great way to initiate powerslides :D

:rocker: Shift lock. Its also a bad ass way to stop from understeering.

Dec. 31, 2008, 8:48 a.m.

if that thing had ABS all it would be doing when that F350 popped out infront of the tiny FOX would be making high pitched pulsating noise laughing at your doom and of course with a little final touch when the "BRAKE SENSOR LIGHT" turns on.

Don't be hatin' on technology… The designs and functions are quite simple when you sit down and learn about them… You just have to learn what is happening when that "high pitched pulsating noise" happens and use it to your advantage… a little more time behind the wheel of a vehicle with ABS and you should have it all figured out there big guy…;)

I'm guessing you must mean ABS light and not Brake Sensor light….I've never seen a system with a seperate malfuction indicator light for the sensors…

How did an AWD discussion go from AWD to VW foxes?? It looks like it is in a better place anyway… :grinno:

Dec. 31, 2008, 9:22 a.m.

lol at people in 4x4s that race in the snow thinking they are invincible..

right up to the point hwere the slide of the road cause it turns.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 31, 2008, 10:17 a.m.

right up to the point hwere the slide of the road cause it turns.

someone has a quote from you in their sig saying that you wish stupidity was painful like a brainfreeze. why the urge to put yourself through so much pain?

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Dec. 31, 2008, 10:19 a.m.

someone has a quote from you in their sig saying that you wish stupidity was painful like a brainfreeze. why the urge to put yourself through so much pain?

i havent had internet in a while.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Dec. 31, 2008, 10:21 a.m.

i must draw you

Dec. 31, 2008, 10:42 a.m.

I've had a minivan with ABS and I hated it. My ex still pile-drived the thing in a ditch. ABS or not, If you don't know how to drive, you're gonna end up in trouble.

The system on my minivan was awful and didn't work very well. it was 1994 pontiac. I'm sure the newer systems work much better. But
I still prefer the non ABS brakes on my golf, and it stops faster too.

An other good option to help prevent wheel lock is engine brake. If only more people knew how to drive a standard car and not be afraid to downshift the sucker and rev it up high on the downshift when you need to, the roads would be much safer.

I vote for driving school mandatory for everyone. And performance driving school too!

In the railway we learned to be traveling at a speed that will allow half the stopping distance of range of vision. I think a lot of people should learn that too!!!

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Dec. 31, 2008, 10:44 a.m.

i must draw you

Hahaha…I haven't heard anyone pull that line in a while

Dec. 31, 2008, 11:02 a.m.

Thanks Adam! I've added it to my signature now!!

didnt know nsmb was only for pros

its not, its only for dicks.

My Flickr

Dec. 31, 2008, 11:11 a.m.

Hahaha…I haven't heard anyone pull that line in a while

i had a truce with majin that was in effect the past few months

Dec. 31, 2008, 11:13 a.m.

Thanks Adam! I've added it to my signature now!!

must be over my head

Ha Ha! Made you look.