audi sweetness

March 10, 2013, 8:53 p.m.

so basically, when unicorns shit rainbows and hell freezes over?

Essentially, yes!

Thought the TDI Audis were coming?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 10, 2013, 9:16 p.m.

Wife and I just picked up a 2007 A4 Avant (3.2 6MT). It was dealer maintained and has low KM, so we will see how it goes. I think you definitely pay to play in this case. This car drives head and shoulders above the subarus I have tried, not to mention the fit and finish. Keeping my fingers crossed nothing goes to far wrong with it, cuz it is by far one of the best cars I have ever driven.

I agree. I've never driven a car that was so well sorted. Fit and finish on the interiors is second to none and they are so smooth on the highway. Treat her well and hopefully she does the same for you. But you're also right that you have to pay to play with those cars. Try to find a good mechanic outside the dealership or get on the forums if you're a DIY kind of guy. You'll save a fortune. The Bentley manuals are also a huge benefit. Find someone who has one or a forum where you can get access to info from one. They saved me a bit of $ out of warranty.

March 10, 2013, 9:30 p.m.

I agree. I've never driven a car that was so well sorted. Fit and finish on the interiors is second to none and they are so smooth on the highway. Treat her well and hopefully she does the same for you. But you're also right that you have to pay to play with those cars. Try to find a good mechanic outside the dealership or get on the forums if you're a DIY kind of guy. You'll save a fortune. The Bentley manuals are also a huge benefit. Find someone who has one or a forum where you can get access to info from one. They saved me a bit of $ out of warranty.

I already have a highly recommended mechanic outside the dealership lined up. No way Im going to have it serviced at the dealership. I have also subscribed to as many Audi user forums as I can find :) I am a DIY guy to a certain degree for sure, but some things should definitely still be left to the pros.
First issue - the 5 year old NAV/Stereo system WONT recognize SDHC cards?!?! It does fine with plain old SD cards. Anyone got any 2 or 4gb SD cards lying around? :)

March 10, 2013, 9:51 p.m.

I already have a highly recommended mechanic outside the dealership lined up. No way Im going to have it serviced at the dealership. I have also subscribed to as many Audi user forums as I can find :) I am a DIY guy to a certain degree for sure, but some things should definitely still be left to the pros.
First issue - the 5 year old NAV/Stereo system WONT recognize SDHC cards?!?! It does fine with plain old SD cards. Anyone got any 2 or 4gb SD cards lying around? :)

LULZ

That's one thing Audi never kept up with, IMO, was sound systems. My 02 had a frickin cassette deck in it. WTF?! In the new millennia?

I actually might have some old SD cards around I'd donate as a former brother or the four rings.

March 10, 2013, 9:51 p.m.

buy a motor off german ebay and get it shipped here.

That just plain smacks of effort.

I know a guy that imports vehicles from Germany and he has an A4 Avant 1.9l TDI. This is the ALH diesel motor that is bullet proof and very easy to mod over 200hp.

I actually did the research and it's pretty damn hard to bring over anything newer than 15 years old from Europe, as the vehicles don't usually fully comply with north american MVSA requirements. So you have to mod the hell out of it ($$$).

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/roadsafety/safevehicles-importation-other-than-index-446.htm

Big picture, just didn't seem worth the effort and $$$. Too bad, that 3.0 TDI A4 runs a 6ish second 0-100 and runs about 5 - 5.5 l/100 km. That just kicks ass.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 10, 2013, 9:55 p.m.

LULZ

That's one thing Audi never kept up with, IMO, was sound systems. My 02 had a frickin cassette deck in it. WTF?! In the new millennia?

I actually might have some old SD cards around I'd donate as a former brother or the four rings.

How about no iPod or AUX integration in a 2007 car? Yeah the sound systems are behind the times for sure.
If you do that would be great. Apparently you can still buy them, but they are somehow MORE expensive than an SDHC card that is 4x its capacity?? Let me know if you dig them up? Id be happy to swing by and get them sometime rather than having to go to Bestbuy and buy a 2GB one for $10. Oh look, it is already costing me more to own this damn thing!

March 10, 2013, 10:11 p.m.

Check amazon.ca for SD cards.

Just recently picked up a 64GB microSD 10x card for a few bucks less than best buy.ca sale price

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 11, 2013, 9:57 a.m.

10 cylinders sound awesome, 16 even better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myxMudtFX6g
Roots

March 27, 2013, 8:55 a.m.

Mercedes-Benz AMG S65
And i thought the C63 sounded awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xEJKvWOo00

March 27, 2013, 10:55 p.m.

I love Audi. Got a 2010 A4 2.0T
Getting a 2014 S4

Going with the APR over the STaSIS set up.

Can't go wrong - just brilliant cars. Quattro? Daaaayuuum!! 8)

"I'm addicted to surfing."

March 28, 2013, 10:06 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P46gPRrxf28

5 Cylinders sounds good too….

March 28, 2013, 10:53 p.m.

10,000 rpm coming to astreet near you.

March 29, 2013, 12:16 a.m.

Too bad, that 3.0 TDI A4 runs a 6ish second 0-100 and runs about 5 - 5.5 l/100 km. That just kicks ass.

Kn.

Funny.. my Speed6 is about an even 5.0 secs in the 0-100 (I like to think 4.8 as some mootangs n 33x's have found out…factory stock is claimed 5.3) and down to 5.8l/100km.

Didnt have to due moar than a test pipe, ecu flash, and before any of that as a precaution, aftermarket rear engine mount (trans n passenger soon) and diff mount [HTML_REMOVED] brace to help put the power down. Oddly enough, my transmission is showing odd signs of wear… go figure.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

March 29, 2013, 12:42 a.m.

10,000 rpm coming to astreet near you.

And speaking of Mazdas… I say hellooooooo there.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

March 29, 2013, 12:50 a.m.

Funny.. my Speed6 is about an even 5.0 secs in the 0-100 (I like to think 4.8 as some mootangs n 33x's have found out…factory stock is claimed 5.3) and down to 5.8l/100km.

Didnt have to due moar than a test pipe, ecu flash, and before any of that as a precaution, aftermarket rear engine mount (trans n passenger soon) and diff mount [HTML_REMOVED] brace to help put the power down. Oddly enough, my transmission is showing odd signs of wear… go figure.

You get 50mpg from your Speed6? It's rated at 30 on the highway.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells