At Last! Another Truck thread! Nissan Titan owners?

Jan. 24, 2011, 4:35 p.m.

yeah tundras suck!! its a toyota so it sucks.

When those new Tundras came out didn't they suffer from cracked engine blocks or something like that? Does that count or should we sweep that one under the rug?

Switch, those numbers you list are funny, because I've read some tests lately (like 2010 trucks) that say the Dodge now gets better mileage than the Ford, and Chev is still number one for gas mileage. Has been for a long time, and you can pull those numbers off numerous sites too.

Jan. 24, 2011, 4:38 p.m.

When those new Tundras came out didn't they suffer from cracked engine blocks or something like that? Does that count or should we sweep that one under the rug?

Switch, those numbers you list are funny, because I've read some tests lately (like 2010 trucks) that say the Dodge now gets better mileage than the Ford, and Chev is still number one for gas mileage. Has been for a long time, and you can pull those numbers off numerous sites too.

the only good truck.. is the one i havent driven yet

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 24, 2011, 4:39 p.m.

One thing that stould out in the CR reviews was the towing acceleration. The Toyota was able to acceralte to 60, while pulling some type of heavy load, in 16 seconds. The Ford and GM took 21 seconds.

I don't know how a Nissan or Toyota would hold up being used as a work truck, or banged around in the bush. They haven't been out for that long, whereas you see a lot of old, beat up Ford pickup trucks around.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 24, 2011, 4:45 p.m.

I have no idea which is number one. I can see that mileage is 13 versus 14, so that isn't much of a difference.

A friend bought some 2008 GM pickup, and on a road trip to California he said the mileage was surpisingly good (mpg in the lows 20s). So yeah, on the highway at 60mph they do really well because the engines only turning 1500rpm. Unfortunately in the city if you don't drive like granny the mileage is poor. Same with an big, heavy 4WD/AWD vehicle, like a full sized SUV.

Like AW keeps saying, a smallish diesel with manual would be great. I'd be happy with just a diesel. Don't need to be doing any 1/4 miles, just some pull off the line and easy lugging up a hill would be fine.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 24, 2011, 4:53 p.m.

Look at some vids of the new V6 F150 out towing the Dodge Hemi and the (I think) the 6L Chevy. Holy cow, its impressive.

Jan. 24, 2011, 4:59 p.m.

Look at some vids of the new V6 F150 out towing the Dodge Hemi and the (I think) the 6L Chevy. Holy cow, its impressive.

that engine would be balls in the ranger! id buy it. I'd still rather a turbo diesel for what I use a truck for..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 24, 2011, 5:14 p.m.

I own an 07 Titan and had an F150 before it. Gas mileage is about the same. Titan has more power and if you use it with a heavy foot it will cost $$s. I drive like an old man and get 4 return trips to the city from Squamish on a tank of gas (about $90). Much prefer the Titan to the F150, feels much more solid. Had zero mechanical issues with it, interior is great but the paint quality is poor. A brand new F150 with a warranty for under $30k, if you can find one, is probably best all round value. If you want used and can be bothered, check deals in the States. Some cheap Tundras down there.

"Don't talk to me about sophistication. I've been to Leeds" - George Whitebread.

Jan. 24, 2011, 5:20 p.m.

that engine would be balls in the ranger! id buy it. I'd still rather a turbo diesel for what I use a truck for..

mall crawlin'?

Pastor of Muppets

Jan. 24, 2011, 5:25 p.m.

mall crawlin'?

malls are for yuppies.

Ideally I'd just have a golf.. but I like to just be able to just toss my bike in the box and head to the trails..same with the garbage and other shit i can just toss in the back.

turbo diesel cause you get stupid good mileage out of em compared to a gas. and still got the torque to power up most hills with ease.

Id feel pretty bad about spilling garbage juice all in the back of a car you know..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 24, 2011, 6:12 p.m.

If you're going to mostly be driving between construction sites, get a Ridgeline. At least you'll enjoy the ride.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Jan. 24, 2011, 6:32 p.m.

I own an 07 Titan and had an F150 before it. Gas mileage is about the same. Titan has more power and if you use it with a heavy foot it will cost $$s. I drive like an old man and get 4 return trips to the city from Squamish on a tank of gas (about $90). Much prefer the Titan to the F150, feels much more solid. Had zero mechanical issues with it, interior is great but the paint quality is poor. A brand new F150 with a warranty for under $30k, if you can find one, is probably best all round value. If you want used and can be bothered, check deals in the States. Some cheap Tundras down there.

Nice
I'm kind of running out of time, I would like to be picking up a truck this up coming weekend.

Four round trips to the city on a tank - are you crossing bridges or just NV / WV areas. I really just go to Marine Drive or West Van 90% of the time.

I've done most of my gas budget based on 1.20 per liter. How many K are on your truck and have you had any issues that come to mind? I think that would be my complaint about the F150 - road noise. What's the bad about your truck?

Jan. 24, 2011, 7:09 p.m.

Nice
I'm kind of running out of time, I would like to be picking up a truck this up coming weekend.

Four round trips to the city on a tank - are you crossing bridges or just NV / WV areas. I really just go to Marine Drive or West Van 90% of the time.

I've done most of my gas budget based on 1.20 per liter. How many K are on your truck and have you had any issues that come to mind? I think that would be my complaint about the F150 - road noise. What's the bad about your truck?

That's Govt. Rd to downtown. To be honest, I don't commute in it, car pool instead. 50K miles on the truck (it's from the US). Only 1 issue, the heater stopped working but I fixed it myself for $0 (c/o titantalk.com). I get road noise too but it's the tires (BF AT's). I use it as a posh sled hauler. It's in 4x4 every weekend and more in the summer. Stuff I don't like… paint is thin, stock shocks are soft and too much chrome, that's it. Don't buy a black one. Are you self-employed? If so, buy the truck you like best and write gas off against tax. Got to admit new F150's look good but when the rear diff exploded on my old one while I was driving (axle locked - bad scene), I vowed never to buy another Ford truck again.

You looking at the silver Titan at Squamish Toyota?

"Don't talk to me about sophistication. I've been to Leeds" - George Whitebread.

Jan. 24, 2011, 7:46 p.m.

No not the silver, it's gone to auction. White one, from US, 08, 44,000 miles, some warranty left on it. I'm self employed so lots of right offs in terms of gas, payment and depreciation. I need to keep the payment under 300, so new truck is out. Plus I have a habit of buying vehicles and driving them to death, trading them in for next to nothing and starting the whole cycle again. Once a vehicle hits 200k for me I get rid of it. Thanks for info, you're the second Titan owner who's happy with their decision.

Jan. 24, 2011, 8:40 p.m.

Sounds good.

www.titantalk.com

[HTML_REMOVED]

www.clubtitan.org

One thing I forgot… my truck is the 5.6 SE and has TPMS. I snapped the valve on one wheel and it cost over 100 bucks to replace. Downer.