"Assault weapon" ban 2.0

Feb. 4, 2013, 7:29 a.m.

"stupid fucking cunt"

translated means:

I don't know how to make this vagina work.

Maybe he is just frustrated because he can't make vagina's work…

Maybe the sand in his Ovaries interrupts his REM sleep. Which makes him such a wonderful person.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 4, 2013, 8:10 a.m.

It's a catch all phrase. What most people think is that it implies anything from anxiety from losing a job to severe depression, OCD, schizophrenia, neurosis, etc.

What's more important is how an individual reacts to external events, and not just internal ones. And the "win at all costs" or "losers are losers" mentality doesn't help, especially with the emofication of a generation.

It seems that we as a society in North America are trying to remove normal emotions and human reactions from every day life. " oh, you feel a it depressed as your dog died yesterday? Here's a pill to feel better."

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 4, 2013, 8:25 a.m.

Dear NRA,

You've got to tone your sht down. Seriously. Chris Wallace is even calling your sht ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klzZxOat3mc

Feb. 4, 2013, 9:06 a.m.

$20 trillion here we come.

Current market value on an AR-15 is between $1800 and $2500, often higher for certain guns (ie, a gun that was made in MT, TN, or WY and never left state lines, therefor not subject to such unconstitutional laws can go for well over $3000). Are you saying the gov't should offer $4000? $5000? :fruit:

Whoa, hold up. You guys keep telling me that we are wasting our time with assault weapons but when I mention a buy back program suddenly all you can think of are assault weapons? Hand guns genius. They are the cheap murder weapon of choice are they not? And they are cheap so the buy back would work. If that is what an AR-15 is worth perfect, ban them and they will be virtually unaffordable for your run of the mill wacko. No buy back needed.

This is the problem with you guys, you say "but the assault weapons are rarely used in crimes, focus on the other 98%" and then when we do you say "Not my hand guns!".

The irony is that it will be dumbshit morons like yourself that will be the catalyst for new laws being passed because most Americans are sick of hearing your ranting bullshit and your completely uninformed interpretation of the Constitution. Keep it up.

Feb. 4, 2013, 9:11 a.m.

Whoa, hold up. You guys keep telling me that we are wasting our time with assault weapons but when I mention a buy back program suddenly all you can think of are assault weapons? Hand guns genius. They are the cheap murder weapon of choice are they not? And they are cheap so the buy back would work. If that is what an AR-15 is worth perfect, ban them and they will be virtually unaffordable for your run of the mill wacko. No buy back needed.

This is the problem with you guys, you say "but the assault weapons are rarely used in crimes, focus on the other 98%" and then when we do you say "Not my hand guns!".

You forgot one big attractive feature of hand guns. Easiest of all to conceal.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 4, 2013, 9:17 a.m.

"It seems rather obvious that we could take all the arguments as to why one might need a 30-round clip because of potential tyranny and just flush that entire population from legitimate discussion. If tyranny does come to America, your little closet stockpile is not going to do a damn bit of good against the Air Force, and basing all our public safety decisions around your own little delusion that it might, someday, is not a very good reason for our continued enabling of frequent, convenient mass murder. So that seems a good first step: If you're arguing that people need to be able to speedily murder other people because someday you and your little band of societal malcontents may want to murder the right people, the ones who really need murdering, all of the policymakers concerned with American public safety ought to write off your opinions on the matter from the outset. Then the rest of us can begin to have a discussion on guns in America that isn't objectively, you know, insane."

From "The Second Amendment is not a suicide pact".

Feb. 4, 2013, 9:33 a.m.

Really?

….

In the wake of the massacres this year at a Colorado movie theater, a Sikh temple in Wisconsin, and Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut, we set out to track mass shootings in the United States over the last 30 years. We identified and analyzed 62 of them, and one striking pattern in the data is this: In not a single case was the killing stopped by a civilian using a gun. And in other recent (but less lethal) rampages in which armed civilians attempted to intervene, those civilians not only failed to stop the shooter but also were gravely wounded or killed.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/mass-shootings-investigation

Feb. 4, 2013, 9:34 a.m.

^^

Indeed, the country's vast arsenal of handguns—at least 118 million of them as of 2010—is increasingly mobile, with 69 of the 99 new state laws making them easier to carry. A decade ago, seven states and the District of Columbia still prohibited concealed handguns; today, it's down to just Illinois and DC. (And Illinois recently passed an exception cracking the door open to carrying). In the 62 mass shootings we analyzed, 54 of the killers had handguns—including in all 15 of the mass shootings since the surge of pro-gun laws began in 2009.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/mass-shootings-investigation

Feb. 4, 2013, 9:35 a.m.

Sure have been a lot of these mass murders with assault weapons lately. Seems to have really picked up since the 1994 ban was allowed to expired in 2004.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 4, 2013, 11:42 a.m.

And you really have to question the judgement of whoever thought that taking veterans suffering from Combat PTSD to a gun range is a good idea.

Only reason any one here gives a shit is because a gun was involved. Because if the same 25 year old veteran with PTSD, got drunk, got behind the wheel of his car, and killed the 2 as they walked across the street. or while driving saw something that caused a flash back, started evasive driving and killed someone as a result None of you all would give a shit. Would you give this much care if the guy was beating his wife and daughter to near death?

I always love it how people think there is some cookie cutter solution to PTSD that will simply make it easy to deal with. Fuck if it was only so simple but then let's ignore the fact the human brain is incredibly complicated. And even if you gathered all the experts on the brain they will tell you they barely understand how it works. Reality that no one wants to accept is that there are many solutions the challenge is finding the one that works for each person. I know if guy's here who have taken up airsoft and paintball as for them it helps them cope. Another guy took up mountain biking while another took up archery. And maybe for some that is going to a shooting range.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 4, 2013, 4:38 p.m.

You forgot one big attractive feature of hand guns. Easiest of all to conceal.

I thought barrel shrouds made AR's easier to conceal??? (or at least, if I was a politician trying to ban them that's what I would think)

Also, I need to spread rep for your last post on PTSD.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Feb. 4, 2013, 5:04 p.m.

I thought barrel shrouds made AR's easier to conceal??? (or at least, if I was a politician trying to ban them that's what I would think)

The existence of one condition does not negate the existence of the other… that's like saying Barney the Dinosaur cannot be a children's show because The Flinstones is.

Feb. 4, 2013, 5:22 p.m.

If you can't answer how a barrel shroud makes a weapon easier to conceal you probably shouldn't be allowed to handle the weapon because you're clearly too stupid to function.

If you think that a barrel shroud doesn't make a weapon easier to conceal, perform this easy test.

Step 1: Fire 30 or 40 rounds in rapid succession from a long barreled weapon
Step 2: Tuck the weapon under your coat/into your pantleg
Step 3: Realize what an idiot you have been
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit

Feb. 4, 2013, 5:54 p.m.

You two clearly missed the point that I was making there.

Also, there is still some barrel exposed. Plenty to burn yourself on. I've shot / own plenty of guns with the components that constitute an "assault weapon" to know their purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ospNRk2uM3U

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Feb. 4, 2013, 8:51 p.m.

If you can't answer how a barrel shroud makes a weapon easier to conceal you probably shouldn't be allowed to handle the weapon because you're clearly too stupid to function.

If you think that a barrel shroud doesn't make a weapon easier to conceal, perform this easy test.

Step 1: Fire 30 or 40 rounds in rapid succession from a long barreled weapon
Step 2: Tuck the weapon under your coat/into your pantleg
Step 3: Realize what an idiot you have been
Step 4: ????
Step 5: Profit

As is repetitively demonstrated, politicians do not use logic and common sense in decisions. They use what people fear and will get them reelected.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk