"Assault weapon" ban 2.0

Jan. 27, 2013, 9:27 p.m.

Why does it have to be one or the other? Why not both? Saying "gun control alone won't solve the problem" doesn't mean "throw out any idea of gun control"

You're assuming I am saying that there shouldn't be gun control, which I never mentioned. I was simply stating that its foolish to believe that gun control without addressing the other underlying social problems is the solution.

There needs to be a balanced approach to the issue rather than a sensational enactment of new regulations which don't serve to solve the actual problem.

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

Jan. 27, 2013, 10:22 p.m.

You're assuming I am saying that there shouldn't be gun control, which I never mentioned. I was simply stating that its foolish to believe that gun control without addressing the other underlying social problems is the solution.

There needs to be a balanced approach to the issue rather than a sensational enactment of new regulations which don't serve to solve the actual problem.

It's gonna be pretty hard to change the mentality of the people below the Mason-Dixon line.

The Yankees should have just let the Confederates secede. Northern states and West coast could have joing with Canada and made a bitchin' country.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 27, 2013, 10:31 p.m.

It's gonna be pretty hard to change the mentality of the people below the Mason-Dixon line.

The Yankees should have just let the Confederates secede. Northern states and West coast could have joing with Canada and made a bitchin' country.

I would totally live and work in a Canadian version of California.

Jan. 28, 2013, 5:20 a.m.

there's no reason to own 1000 hp cars, or sport bikes, hell even a 400hp car. we only really need 200hp for cars, and 300 for trucks.

why dont we ban those too?
you're gun owner, you should know "assault rifles" dont mean jack shit.

my sks has more fire power than ar15.

Don't worry, Fienstein wants to ban both.

Regardless, my 12 ga pump action shotgun has more stopping power than both of those.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Jan. 28, 2013, 6:56 a.m.

Yes the south sucks, but I think you will find that type of mentality throughout the USA.

And just because changing is hard doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

Jan. 28, 2013, 9:47 a.m.

there's no reason to own 1000 hp cars, or sport bikes, hell even a 400hp car. we only really need 200hp for cars, and 300 for trucks.

Some bans are justified. Thank goodness the good people of Texas have had the sense to make it illegal to have in your possession outside of your own property:

(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;

(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;

(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stiletto, and poniard;

(D) bowie knife;

(E) sword; or

(F) spear.

THOSE THINGS COULD REALLY HURT SOMEONE!!!

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:01 a.m.

And just because changing is hard doesn't mean we shouldn't try.

Yah … murka should try something easier first, like that new-fangled "metric" system I keep hearing about.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:19 a.m.

Some bans are justified. Thank goodness the good people of Texas have had the sense to make it illegal to have in your possession outside of your own property:

(A) knife with a blade over five and one-half inches;

(B) hand instrument designed to cut or stab another by being thrown;

(C) dagger, including but not limited to a dirk, stiletto, and poniard;

(D) bowie knife;

(E) sword; or

(F) spear.

THOSE THINGS COULD REALLY HURT SOMEONE!!!

Ba Baselall bats, used k more youocide than firearm.

Ps UK has anti stab jknives

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:32 a.m.

Ba Baselall bats, used k more youocide than firearm.

Ps UK has anti stab jknives

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:41 a.m.

2. Describe how a weapon can be easily converted to "rapid fire"? (It takes a RCMP firearms lab up to a year to be able to do that with semi-auto firearms, if they even can, not exactly what I would call easy).

you have to know a vet, cook him some food/get him loaded and he does it at yer kitchen table in about 15min

I been in the main RCMP gun lab and its really cool!

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:41 a.m.

If that was true AR-14s wouldn't sell like hot cakes. If that was true, nobody would bitch about them being banned. They are different because they are marketed as a military weapon to take people out and they give insane homicidal maniacs a "let's kill some innocent people" boner more than a hunting rifle.

Jan. 28, 2013, 1:03 p.m.

If that was true AR-14s wouldn't sell like hot cakes.

they're very customizable, they also have big fan base, don't forget, sks sell like hotcakes too.

nobody would bitch about them being banned.

people only know guns they see in videogames,

they are marketed as a military weapon to take people out and they give insane homicidal maniacs a "let's kill some innocent people" boner more than a hunting rifle.

i agree,

Jan. 28, 2013, 1:03 p.m.

Kn.

texting with one hand, on a broken phone screen, underneath a table at work, i don't really give a shit,

Jan. 28, 2013, 7:06 p.m.

Kn.

He knows how to use it properly…finger to frame.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Jan. 28, 2013, 7:28 p.m.

I misread what you posted.