"Assault weapon" ban 2.0

Jan. 26, 2013, 7:05 p.m.

Stricter requirements for gun ownership and safe storage requirements would make much more sense. But this is the government we're talking about here.

Jan. 26, 2013, 7:13 p.m.

How is that defender an assault weapon?

….guess the muricans better not check the gun rack in my work truck…

too many slugs ?

and as a forest worker your defender is protection

Jan. 26, 2013, 7:24 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIpLd0WQKCY

www.natooke.com

Jan. 26, 2013, 9:12 p.m.

too many slugs ?

and as a forest worker your defender is protection

I've got a nice sling for the one I just bought, even reasonably quick on the draw with it. I've only used it to get hillbilly on propane bottles and for target practice in case I do bump into a bear when I'm fishing next year. I also had to take a test and get a background check before I could buy it - I would have had to do the same thing at a gun show. Funny thing, those protective laws…

Jan. 27, 2013, 12:42 a.m.

Stricter requirements for gun ownership and safe storage requirements would make much more sense. But this is the government we're talking about here.

Politicians don't do anything based on intelligence. Everything when it comes to guns is based on fear and photo ops that increase their chances of getting elected again.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 27, 2013, 2:22 a.m.

right because, a magazine that is limited to 10 round via pin/bumper, can and will be altered(EASILY) to hold its original capacity(eg: 15,30 etc) by the bad guy.

so whats the point of limiting the magazine capacity.

Jan. 27, 2013, 2:24 a.m.

Stricter requirements for gun ownership and safe storage requirements would make much more sense. about here.

bingo.

only way you'll get rid of all gun crime, is to get rid of all firearm, blackmarket or legal. that is impossible.

so an alternative is to have police officer guard elementary schools.
does it suck that it has to be that way, yes, but it's hell a lot better than what is being implemented in terms of preventing a next tragedy.

Jan. 27, 2013, 2:26 a.m.

USA, no gun control

4,2 murder per 100.000 citizen

Germany, gun control

0,8 murder per 100.000 citizen

explain plz

culture,
you got detroit, where literacy rate is ridiculously low, you're not comparing a fair sample body. there are wayyy more variables to pin point it to one variable.(gun control laws.)

Jan. 27, 2013, 2:35 a.m.

freedom isnt free.

I seriously doubt the second amendment is worth its cost.

if this was about death toll, we should ban fast food, lower all speed limits(speed kills most definitely), ban all extreme sports, and feed the poor.

Jan. 27, 2013, 2:55 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIpLd0WQKCY

Home: "I don't need to be careful - I have a gun.". :lol:

… Do we have to go through this weekly? The US has nearly five times the per capita gun murder rate than Canada

More stats.

Firearm related death rate: US: 10.2, Canada: 2.13

Break that down into homicides: US: 3.6, Canada 0.5

So they have 5 times the death rate, and 7 times the homicide rate, that Canada has.

But the US should feel good knowing that their rate is lower than El Salvador, Jamaica, Honduras, Guatemala, Swaziland, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, and Panama.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 27, 2013, 5:22 a.m.

bingo.

only way you'll get rid of all gun crime, is to get rid of all firearm, blackmarket or legal. that is impossible.

so an alternative is to have police officer guard elementary schools.
does it suck that it has to be that way, yes, but it's hell a lot better than what is being implemented in terms of preventing a next tragedy.

No, an alternative is to control who does and does not get to have guns with a test of abilities and a license system, end the gun show loophole in existing gun laws, and ban automatic weapons, weapons that can be easily converted to rapid fire, and strictly regulate the ownership of pistols. Abolishing concealed carry is probably pretty important too…

More stats.

Firearm related death rate: US: 10.2, Canada: 2.13

Break that down into homicides: US: 3.6, Canada 0.5

So they have 5 times the death rate, and 7 times the homicide rate, that Canada has.

But the US should feel good knowing that they're rate is lower than El Salvador, Jamaica, Honduras, Guatemala, Swaziland, Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, and Panama.

I totally misread the exact same page. Effect is the same; seems to have shut up our resident ex-pat hillbilly nutbar.

Jan. 27, 2013, 7:16 a.m.

i said it's an alternative, not the solution, much more thought needs to be put into this, what i said was, the said alternative is better than the one proposed.

No, an alternative is to control who does and does not get to have guns with a test of abilities and a license system, end the gun show loophole in existing gun laws,

i agree with this

ban automatic weapons, weapons that can be easily converted to rapid fire

i agree with the banning of automatic weapons, but the last mass shootings, i could be wrong, but most of them did not indeed have an automatic weapon, nor would it have mattered because the victims were un-armed.

also, most rifles can be made automatic(reliability may reduce), so i dont think that is the answer.

strictly regulate the ownership of pistols.

in what way? be more specific.

Abolishing concealed carry is probably pretty important too…

how would this help prevent crimes involving firearm?
because a person about to commit a robbery or murder is really gonna give a shit about this law.

Jan. 27, 2013, 7:45 a.m.

no auomatic weapon with out big clips full of ammo means a nut bar would kill less people, some semi-auto's can be made full auto but a 5 shot bolt action will stay a 5 shot bolt action

restricting pistols means less of them around same thing with CCW

so in effect the canadian gun laws which should reduce deaths by guns to canadian levels

Jan. 27, 2013, 9:05 a.m.

Oswald put three bullets into Kennedy within six seconds, at a few hundred feet, using an old Italian bolt action rifle.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 27, 2013, 9:35 a.m.

well thats cuz bolt actions are generaly considered more accurate, the FAC instructor in Peeg does 1000yd target shooting, told the class they put so many slugs thru a new barrel (100?)and then its deemed only accurate enough for hunting