New posts

"Assault weapon" ban 2.0

Jan. 28, 2013, 7:53 p.m.
Posts: 26382
Joined: Aug. 14, 2005

Ps UK has anti stab jknives

Easily solved with a visit to my local hardware store for some flat head screwdrivers and a bench grinder.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 28, 2013, 9:24 p.m.
Posts: 4905
Joined: Aug. 7, 2007

Easily solved with a visit to my local hardware store for some flat head screwdrivers and a bench grinder.

you missed the point.

Jan. 28, 2013, 9:38 p.m.
Posts: 4905
Joined: Aug. 7, 2007


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCWYuxo01lM

watch fully, if youre going to comment on it.

edit: btw, i did not watch this video beforehand, i just finished watching it, the shared idea between him, and me in the other thread is just coincidence.

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:17 p.m.
Posts: 3202
Joined: Aug. 4, 2009

Watched. Flawed logic is flawed all the way through.

Numbers are fun. 1% of violent crime in America = nearly 70 000 incidents. Any rational person should assume that having 70 000 people in your country victims of a crime with assault rifles is a bad thing.

Violent crime increased in 2012 by nearly 3%.

I have literally NEVER had a problem only having access to five bullets in my guns or guns that I have fired. Ever. I can still saw down trees for fun with this amount of ammunition, I can still get redneck and blow up propane tanks in the bush, I can still hunt, I can still target shoot, and I can still ward off a bear.

I don't own handguns, but I highly doubt that the Canadian 10 bullet limit is any more constricting.

Since the majority of the population conforms to these rules (and since handgun owners are subject to random inspections of their collections) there are far fewer high capacity magazines in Canada. Yes, highly trained and practiced people can swap magazines quickly - your run of the mill sexually frustrated trailer trash who pulls a gun in the heat of passion can't though, and since he's statistically likely to miss his target, I'd rather not improve his odds. I like our laws here, and I think the US could benefit from them.

If you start arming citizens they can become judge/jury/executioner in all situations. Given the astronomical sensitivity that most Americans (or recent immigrants, based on this thread) show, that could be a horrible situation. Imagine for a moment this headline "Volunteer security teacher at [white kid] elementary school shot LeBron Blacklastname as he reached for his …. [break] phone". That's the kind of shit you'll see with armed teachers or rent-a-cops, or even with real cops - you're drawing from similar pools, and lets face it, most American police forces don't exactly have a great record of impartiality themselves - especially in raw emotional situations, and particularly because there is no uniform standard in the country for the make-up of a good cop.

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:34 p.m.
Posts: 4905
Joined: Aug. 7, 2007

That's fucking great you've never had problem with having five round magazine. You completely missed the point of the video, I won't be responding back to your responses because I mind as well talk to a wall.

The whole point was that this whole witch hunt on assault rifle is trivial to the larger picture involving firearm related crimes. According to Biden, himself, it involves less than 1 percent of gun related crime, should we try to go after the other 99 percent instead?

In addition, limiting magazine capacity does not make any sense neither, as stated above, it's easy to change the magazine especially if you aren't getting shot back at. Is having 15 round vs 10 round in a hand of a responsible firearm owner dangerous?
And, if you have a firearm, you'd know it's bloody easy to just take the pin out with a piler , you really think murderer will give a shit about the magazine law?

Jan. 28, 2013, 10:38 p.m.
Posts: 4905
Joined: Aug. 7, 2007

And let's assume American cops are incompetent as you claim, logically, wouldn't you want.more right to defend yourself? This law puts citizens at a disadvantage , while criminals won't be affected by it

Jan. 29, 2013, 12:05 a.m.
Posts: 3202
Joined: Aug. 4, 2009

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the overly emotional gun owner.

One very simple and indisputable fact remains in this argument - if there are drastically fewer guns then there will be fewer gun related crimes. Good enforcement of strict gun control laws will solve America's problems - bleating about how it can't be done because criminals won't listen is essentially useless, because that's where the enforcement part of the strategy comes in.

Put your hands up if you live in Canada and you also carry a gun on a regular basis for self defense. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that zero people do that on this board.

Jan. 29, 2013, 8:56 a.m.
Posts: 14953
Joined: Nov. 20, 2002

that reminds me I can't find my swiss army knife

I think of the US as a colder crueler nasty place, I don't feel the need for a concealed weapon up here but maybe its a good idea down there ?

Jan. 29, 2013, 9 a.m.
Posts: 11410
Joined: June 29, 2006

The whole point was that this whole witch hunt on assault rifle is trivial to the larger picture involving firearm related crimes. According to Biden, himself, it involves less than 1 percent of gun related crime, should we try to go after the other 99 percent instead?

In addition, limiting magazine capacity does not make any sense neither, as stated above, it's easy to change the magazine especially if you aren't getting shot back at. Is having 15 round vs 10 round in a hand of a responsible firearm owner dangerous?
And, if you have a firearm, you'd know it's bloody easy to just take the pin out with a piler , you really think murderer will give a shit about the magazine law?

So let me get this straight, you are against the assault weapons ban and limiting the size of magazines because having these things does not make a difference? OK then, not sure why you are so upset about it, but there you go. Then you finish it off with the pro-gun logical talking point number 167 which is, why have laws and regulations, criminals don't adhere to them? Good point, laws and regulations are worthless. Thanks for clearing all of this up.

Nanu Nanu

Jan. 29, 2013, 10:24 a.m.
Posts: 33624
Joined: Nov. 19, 2002

The whole point was that this whole witch hunt on assault rifle is trivial to the larger picture involving firearm related crimes. According to Biden, himself, it involves less than 1 percent of gun related crime, should we try to go after the other 99 percent instead?

Even if it's only one percent, it's still a problem.

It's amazing how people act like they are being violated if they are told they cannot pack an Uzi. Hey, I'd like an RPG. It's great for moose hunting - cleans and quarters the moose for me!

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 29, 2013, 12:08 p.m.
Posts: 16617
Joined: Nov. 20, 2002

I see people perform stupid, illegal things every day while driving.

If the criminals are just going to ignore the laws, we should totally repeal all motor vehicle laws - clearly they don't work anyway.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 29, 2013, 1:55 p.m.
Posts: 3009
Joined: May 16, 2004

I see people perform stupid, illegal things every day while driving.

If the criminals are just going to ignore the laws, we should totally repeal all motor vehicle laws - clearly they don't work anyway.

Kn.

That's clearly not the argument he's making. I'm surprised you and Chupacabra are struggling with that.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Jan. 29, 2013, 1:57 p.m.
Posts: 3009
Joined: May 16, 2004

Even if it's only one percent, it's still a problem.

It's amazing how people act like they are being violated if they are told they cannot pack an Uzi. Hey, I'd like an RPG. It's great for moose hunting - cleans and quarters the moose for me!

So you think its worthwhile to focus all our energy on a very small part of the problem? Seems like a very inefficient way to spend our time and money, when it could be allocated to the other 99% of the problem.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Jan. 29, 2013, 2:19 p.m.
Posts: 5329
Joined: Feb. 3, 2006

So you think its worthwhile to focus all our energy on a very small part of the problem? Seems like a very inefficient way to spend our time and money, when it could be allocated to the other 99% of the problem.

Jan. 29, 2013, 2:32 p.m.
Posts: 11410
Joined: June 29, 2006

That's clearly not the argument he's making. I'm surprised you and Chupacabra are struggling with that.

That is argument he is making. I am struggling with it because it doesn't make any sense. Of course bad guys don't follow the rules, but all the guns the bad guys use start out in a gun shop.

Like it or not the sea of guns the US is floating on pretty much all started as guns sold to a law abiding citizen practicing their 2nd amendment rights. If you don't want cheap high powered weapons in the hands of thugs it has to start with the original buyers, AND IMO, an aggressive buy back program where the government pays more than street value (use greed for good). Unless of course you can suggest a form of regulation that is recognized by the criminal world and you are holding out on us.

Nanu Nanu

Forum jump: