"Assault weapon" ban 2.0

Feb. 18, 2013, 12:16 p.m.

Fail.note the mention of a barn

My bet is that Nechako has a fenced,crossfenced and gated acreage that cost 1/3 of your condocloset.

^^^ Win. :D

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Feb. 18, 2013, 12:17 p.m.

I dunno, man. I hear that post-nuclear-apocalyptic zombies are at least 10x faster than standard-issue.

Kn.

Only when the server has been hacked by script kiddies …

Feb. 18, 2013, 12:21 p.m.

Who knows, it isn't something I worry about.

PS: There is a difference between a gated property and a gated community. :scream:

OIC, so the gate will effectively stop anything and everything undesirable.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 18, 2013, 12:57 p.m.

OIC, so the gate will effectively stop anything and everything undesirable.

Kn.

No, where did I say that?

What kind of answer are you trolling for?

It may shock you to know this, but the average gun owner doesn't hide behind their guns just waiting for a bad guy. No sane law abiding person wants to shoot somebody.

Using a firearm for self defense is not something anybody ever wants to go through. The legal ramifications are severe and you will be haunted by your actions for the rest of your life.

I use my firearms for sport, providing food for my family and on my farm for rats. I don't use poison because of all the owls and other wildlife that live on our property.

Just last month I watched a Barred Owl look for mice in the field behind our house.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Feb. 18, 2013, 1:01 p.m.

It may shock you to know this, but the average gun owner doesn't hide behind their guns just waiting for a bad guy. No sane law abiding person wants to shoot somebody.

Using a firearm for self defense is not something anybody ever wants to go through. The legal ramifications are severe and you will be haunted by your actions for the rest of your life.

I use my firearms for sport, providing food for my family and on my farm for rats. I don't use poison because of all the owls and other wildlife that live on our property.

Just last month I watched a Barred Owl look for mice in the field behind our house.

Have you met Farmer?

Feb. 18, 2013, 1:07 p.m.

How does keeping a small caliber rifle under lock and key qualify as "for protection"? Do you ask the intruders to kindly wait while you go to the gun rack, unlock the rifle, head to a safe and unlock the ammunition and calmly load the rifle?

Just curious,

Kn.

I can have my rifle unlocked and ready to go in about 30 seconds…

Feb. 18, 2013, 1:27 p.m.

How does keeping a small caliber rifle, under lock and key endanger society? If having one makes me "me-first Attitude" because I feel safer well then….GUILTY.

It doesn't, but that isn't part of the gun debate. In Canada we could probably do more, but I think our laws are pretty reasonable, but when the talk of gun control in the US comes up that is when all I hear is selfish attitudes towards safety.

Despite the claims made by Maj. L. Caudill et al, arming more people has not resulted in less crime or safer citizens, quite the opposite in fact, but he chooses to ignore this because he is a military man and he is an alpha dog in a world filled with guns (selfish). He talks about the gun being an equalizer, but do you think for a minute he thinks he doesn't have the upper hand when he faces an opponent and they are both armed?? Fuck no (selfish). How does a meek person that frightens easily fit into this world? They don't. The idea that we all have an inner Rambo only makes sense to those that think they have an inner Rambo.

If you take a step back and look at the problem as an observer the answer is obvious. Get rid of as many guns as is reasonable because confrontations are far more dangerous when someone has a gun or there is a gun nearby. This is not debatable. So are thoughts of suicide. So are curious children.

Feb. 18, 2013, 2:51 p.m.

Torino posted up some stupid article about guns, then proceeded to claim that he has always kept a rifle in the house "for protection". I refuted the article, than shredded on his ability to use a safely locked, unloaded firearm for protection against a truly prepared intruder. You replied with some stuff about your personal situation, presumably in refutation of my statement, about the unlikely use of a locked, unloaded firearm for protection … "I can unlock the rifle in my barn in 30 seconds or less". If you weren't trying to refute my point, then your response was … apropos of what, again?

But truly …

I can have my rifle unlocked and ready to go in about 30 seconds…

An armed intruder will be more ready than you … every single time … and will have a bullet in your brain pan in 0.036 seconds, so your 30 seconds is a joke.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 18, 2013, 3:46 p.m.

An armed intruder will be more ready than you … every single time … and will have a bullet in your brain pan in 0.036 seconds, so your 30 seconds is a joke.

Kn.

That may be, maybe not. Our MBR is over the garage and the door locks so I feel confident that I could get my rifle and defend myself before someone would be able to get at us. Whether you think a rifle nearby is a joke or not,my thoughts are its better to have one at hand than have nothing.

Feb. 18, 2013, 4:28 p.m.

Personally I use a 9MM pistol for personal protection in the house both myself my wife and my teenage children know where it is and how to responsibly use it and as I have told my wife if some dirt bag tries breaking to fill him with all 18 rounds and we'll hire the best lawyer around.That is gun control the rest is little liberal wetting their panties plain and simple like you KenN.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Feb. 18, 2013, 5:19 p.m.

both myself my wife and my teenage children know where it is and how to responsibly use it and as I have told my wife if some dirt bag tries breaking to fill him with all 18 rounds and we'll hire the best lawyer around

First you say you are responsible, then you say you'll plug an intruder with 18 rounds. Nothing like contradicting yourself.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 18, 2013, 5:22 p.m.

How long would it take when there are armed intruders between you and the rifle?

Kn.

That's why I just have to reach onto the gun rack beside my bed, or into the top drawer of my dresser and put a round in the chamber if I grab the shotgun instead of the revolver. Either way, if someone is between me and my guns they are already in the far corner of my room and tripped over my bed to get to the far wall.

Note: It depends on who it is, but when I have company the guns are generally in the safe.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Feb. 18, 2013, 5:32 p.m.

First you say you are responsible, then you say you'll plug an intruder with 18 rounds. Nothing like contradicting yourself.

Well that's a matter of opinion I believe that's a perfectly reasonable reaction to someone breaking in on my wife and kids if I'm home I'll just beat the living shit out of him!

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Feb. 18, 2013, 7:06 p.m.

Kn.

It takes less then 30 seconds to lose a gun battle. So if Peter the Perp is breaking in and your first move is head to the gun safe you will rapidly decrease your chances of winning. Because simply you are playing by the rules which means your gun is secured by the rules. While AIQ is not playing by the rules.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 18, 2013, 7:31 p.m.

Personally I use a 9MM pistol for personal protection in the house both myself my wife and my teenage children know where it is and how to responsibly use it and as I have told my wife if some dirt bag tries breaking to fill him with all 18 rounds and we'll hire the best lawyer around.That is gun control the rest is little liberal wetting their panties plain and simple like you KenN.

Well that's a matter of opinion I believe that's a perfectly reasonable reaction to someone breaking in on my wife and kids if I'm home I'll just beat the living shit out of him!

Has your wife ever killed a man before? As somebody who volunteers to handle corpses from MVCs on a regular basis, I highly doubt that the average person has it in them to willingly kill. I'd say that the chances are higher that (and I don't know your family, but I do know what I and all my friends were like as teenagers) that it's more likely your kids will get drunk and show their friends your gun rather than your wife having to shoot a home invader.

Also, as a side note, why is it that most people who advocate for arming themselves for self defense also seem to have a massive problem with proper spelling/punctuation?