"Assault weapon" ban 2.0

Feb. 17, 2013, 10:18 p.m.

You levels of ignorance and prejudice are continuing to amaze.

Your inability to extrapolate does not.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 18, 2013, 9 a.m.

All I want is for the gun nuts to admit one thing. Admit that you do not care if guns make PEOPLE safer, but you strongly believe guns make YOU safer. Most conservative ideologies have a me-first attitude and it is obvious that the vast majority of gun owners only think about their own safety and believe that they are not just capable, but superior in making life and death decisions even when most lack any kind of training or testing beyond how to shoot and store a weapon.

Those of us on the other side of the argument look at the stats more closely because we want a safer world overall, we are not obsessed about our own safety and paranoid of dangerous people over what is best for society.

Feb. 18, 2013, 9:29 a.m.

All I want is for the gun nuts to admit one thing. Admit that you do not care if guns make PEOPLE safer, but you strongly believe guns make YOU safer. Most conservative ideologies have a me-first attitude and it is obvious that the vast majority of gun owners only think about their own safety and believe that they are not just capable, but superior in making life and death decisions even when most lack any kind of training or testing beyond how to shoot and store a weapon.

Those of us on the other side of the argument look at the stats more closely because we want a safer world overall, we are not obsessed about our own safety and paranoid of dangerous people over what is best for society.

Addiction and religious fervor are hard to cure - almost as much as paranoia.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 18, 2013, 9:39 a.m.

Addiction and religious fervor are hard to cure - almost as much as paranoia.

You know who was paranoid? Hitler was paranoid./End of thread.

Feb. 18, 2013, 9:42 a.m.

How does keeping a small caliber rifle, under lock and key endanger society? If having one makes me "me-first Attitude" because I feel safer well then….GUILTY.

Feb. 18, 2013, 10:02 a.m.

How does keeping a small caliber rifle, under lock and key endanger society? If having one makes me "me-first Attitude" because I feel safer well then….GUILTY.

This argument isn't targeted at single shot/small caliber/hobby/hunters. It's targeted at people who argue that they should enjoy a sustained right to carry loaded weapons on their person, concealed, and capable of rapid fire. People who argue that they should be able to keep a loaded shotgun by the bed "just in case".

Feb. 18, 2013, 10:21 a.m.

There has been a gun in every home I have lived in, and we keep a rifle in the house for protection.

How does keeping a small caliber rifle under lock and key qualify as "for protection"? Do you ask the intruders to kindly wait while you go to the gun rack, unlock the rifle, head to a safe and unlock the ammunition and calmly load the rifle?

Just curious,

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Feb. 18, 2013, 10:45 a.m.

How does keeping a small caliber rifle under lock and key qualify as "for protection"? Do you ask the intruders to kindly wait while you go to the gun rack, unlock the rifle, head to a safe and unlock the ammunition and calmly load the rifle?

Just curious,

Kn.

This.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 18, 2013, 11:06 a.m.

Your inability to extrapolate does not.

No, I can't read minds. But your inability to do more then grind the endless Ass Tripe you love to share. Shows you bring nothing to this other then providing KenN a soap box warmer so he doesn' get his feet cold when he steps back on.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 18, 2013, 11:11 a.m.

Just curious,

Kn.

Protection from Zombies, post-apocalyptic looters and killers, and Big Government. You can see all that coming from a mile away and will have lots of time to unlock your gun and ammo to fight them off.

Feb. 18, 2013, 11:44 a.m.

I dunno, man. I hear that post-nuclear-apocalyptic zombies are at least 10x faster than standard-issue.

Kn.

Feb. 18, 2013, 11:47 a.m.

Just curious,

Kn.

It takes me less than 30sec to open my locked safe and load the .22 I use in the barn.

I live in a good neighbourhood on a gated property with three dogs so I don't worry about personal protection.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

Feb. 18, 2013, 12:08 p.m.

It takes me less than 30sec to open my locked safe and load the .22 I use in the barn.

I live in a good neighbourhood on a gated property with three dogs so I don't worry about personal protection.

How long would it take when there are armed intruders between you and the rifle?

Kn.

PS: lol gated community. Lah de dah, I'm so rich that I can afford to insulate myself from the world's poor.

Feb. 18, 2013, 12:13 p.m.

How long would it take when there are armed intruders between you and the rifle?

Kn.

PS: lol gated community. Lah de dah, I'm so rich that I can afford to insulate myself from the world's poor.

Fail.note the mention of a barn

My bet is that Nechako has a fenced,crossfenced and gated acreage that cost 1/3 of your condocloset.

Your generalizations about how people live are as ill informed as those about the average gun owner. Most gun owners don't give a rats ass about assault rifles.

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 18, 2013, 12:14 p.m.

Kn.

Who knows, it isn't something I worry about.

PS: There is a difference between a gated property and a gated community. :scream:

>>---------> (x)
My flickr