are you kidding me

April 3, 2008, 4:15 p.m.

Holy shit this thread got completely fucked since I checked it last night!

Agree with you here. People should recognize that this case is about two Canadian men and immigration shouldn't have any bearing on it.

I do get annoyed at Punjabis that make our people look like a bunch of tits. Drop that shit samsquampsh!

Well said.

Tim

Red meat is not bad for you, its green fuzzy meat that's bad for you.

Synchro, Derwood, Wayne P and me - Team Newfie. No CFA's allowed.

April 3, 2008, 4:38 p.m.

I think the horse is long rotten away.

She was a good horse. RIP.

April 3, 2008, 4:43 p.m.

OTE]

never underestimate the ability of the forum to reach a new low

April 3, 2008, 5:11 p.m.

yea right
batmans not a bitch

you're just mad that you cant hang out with 4 or more of your buddies in a group…

im also going to blame your stupidity on poco and not your religion as i dont believe that moronism is a teaching of sikhism.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 3, 2008, 5:37 p.m.

i really have nothing more to say to you except kiss my ass

i feel sorry for brown bear who is actually contributing to the opposing arguments only to have someone like you come along and essentially ruin it for him.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 3, 2008, 5:53 p.m.

Agree with you here. People should recognize that this case is about two Canadian men and immigration shouldn't have any bearing on it.

I couldn't agree more….on both parts.

April 3, 2008, 5:55 p.m.

I couldn't agree more….on both parts.

I will second the thumbs up on both points.

vegetarian: an ancient word for "likes to stay home with the ladies…"

April 4, 2008, 6:28 p.m.

April 4, 2008, 6:42 p.m.

Did the company attempt to make any adaptations so that these 20 year industry veterans didn't have to find new careers?

I believe the article says the company offered them jobs that didn't require hardhats for equal pay.

April 4, 2008, 7:22 p.m.

I think it is time to close the final chapter on this thread.

The horse is dead and decomposed.

April 4, 2008, 7:32 p.m.

so i keep thinking about how last month I was putting down a steel insert and it slipped out of my hands fell through the steel grating floor and landed edge up 12 feet down on the next floor. I wonder what would have happened if it landed on a persons head who was wearing a turban. Seems like it would have been quite the awful mess.

What about this one. 3 months ago we were allowed to go into a pit and clean up and work on the equipment while it was operating. This has been going on for 18 plus years now, without an incident. 2 months ago a worker gets crushed in that area. Now we have to lockout that equipment everytime we enter in that area. PLus extra railings have been put up to prevent workers from entering that area.

Should workers that have been there for 15 years have to follow this new Worksafe BC regulation, or no because it wasnt like that when they started??

Should I have to wear steel toed boots, becaue my grandpa didnt have to wear boots when he started in the same industry 40 some odd years ago??

What about me Im catholic, does that not then give me the right to drink wine or any other alcohol while I am at work???

If those guys showed up to work at my job site, for one they wouldnt be allowed on it without proper ppe, but if they were I would refuse to work with them, due to them being unsafe on the work site

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 4, 2008, 7:33 p.m.

blah

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 4, 2008, 7:54 p.m.

What about this one. 3 months ago we were allowed to go into a pit and clean up and work on the equipment while it was operating. This has been going on for 18 plus years now, without an incident. 2 months ago a worker gets crushed in that area. Now we have to lockout that equipment everytime we enter in that area. PLus extra railings have been put up to prevent workers from entering that area.

I think that is same mill Noel's brother works at. He was telling a story about something like that happening.

Did his steel toe boots set off the metal detectors stopping the chipper?

Sucks to be in that situation.

Tim

Red meat is not bad for you, its green fuzzy meat that's bad for you.

Synchro, Derwood, Wayne P and me - Team Newfie. No CFA's allowed.

April 4, 2008, 8:36 p.m.

yea i agree, anyways this issue has been resolved they got different jobs in the company that dont require hard hats
the thing i got fired up about was people implying that they shouldn't have come to canada if they wanted to keep their culture and religion

What pisses people of is when people come here and demand that they get special treatment.

By the way the whole Turban arguement is nonsense. I speak from reality. Knew of a practicing Sikh who was a member of the British Columbia Regiment. Saw him on parades and at the armouries wearing the turban with a cap badge. Nothing new there.

But in the field he didn't wear a turban. He wore a combat green hair covering under his combat helmet. Someone asked him about it because we all though that he had to wear the turban all the time. He said that he talked with the elders and that as long as he had the covering all was good.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 4, 2008, 8:45 p.m.

I think it is time to close the final chapter on this thread.

The horse is dead and decomposed.

I loved that horse.