are you kidding me

April 2, 2008, 10:15 a.m.

Again this was discussed in an earlier thread. Unless you are a business owner and employ people in BC, then this has no effect on you.

neither does you leasing a car but i can still say its dumb.

i would hate to think id be paying for their medical bills for head trauma or whatever.
im sick of invasive religions.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 2, 2008, 10:29 a.m.

neither does you leasing a car but i can still say its dumb.

i would hate to think id be paying for their medical bills for head trauma or whatever.
im sick of invasive religions.

Considering half of the GVRD is of asian background and the canadian identity has been lost to keep immigrants coming to this country because of the declining birth rate with "white canadian" parents, its no wonder there are invasive religions. Our type of people are starting to become minority.

April 2, 2008, 10:31 a.m.

pretty sure theres a link to how intelligent you are and how many babies you have

if graphed i bet it would look like an X

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 2, 2008, 10:44 a.m.

pretty sure theres a link to how intelligent you are and how many babies you have

if graphed i bet it would look like an X

FTW!

April 2, 2008, 10:47 a.m.

as for a uniform the sikh rcmp turban satisfys the sikh religion (looks good IMO)and the rcmp uniform ,it is dark blue with a rcmp badge in the center … definatley a part of a uniform ,you can add more parts to a uniform (womens skirts)so no issue

but safety is a different thing

I wonder if anyone has designed a sikh friendly hardhat ?

Way back in the day at lignum in W.L . my buddy had a sikh guy on his crew ,who just took the liner out of his orrange HH and put it over his turban.The helmet rode down over his eyes so they figured he looked like a beetle bug so they put spots [HTML_REMOVED] antennae on his HH with a sharpie

porbably not a PC move in todays world

April 2, 2008, 10:54 a.m.

Considering half of the GVRD is of asian background and the canadian identity has been lost to keep immigrants coming to this country because of the declining birth rate with "white canadian" parents, its no wonder there are invasive religions. Our type of people are starting to become minority.

there was a canadian identity?

April 2, 2008, 11:03 a.m.

go back [HTML_REMOVED]50 years

my grade1 class photo(westridge elementry,hasting s [HTML_REMOVED] sperling) might have 2 chinese, no blacks,no east indians ( i rememebr only 1 in the school) NO non whites

15yrs ago I was in a highschool computer lab(cambie [HTML_REMOVED] 70th area) all chinese with 3 white kids

note : I am a visble minority or at least chinese was when I grew up back then ,so is Rick my east indian bud but we grew up VERYwhite ,I tell him he is a coconut and I'm a banana

April 2, 2008, 11:42 a.m.

Not only outdoors, but some office should mandate hard hats as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://youtube.com/watch?v=gxaoWrO7nl0

Red meat is not bad for you, its green fuzzy meat that's bad for you.

Synchro, Derwood, Wayne P and me - Team Newfie. No CFA's allowed.

April 2, 2008, noon

In answer to the "hard hat over the turban";

"Many Sikh men follow a religious requirement that they wear turbans with nothing over them."

wow, M&M, you're a fucking dick!

don't be so politically correct, this is stacy kohut, not fucking rick hansen your talkin too……..

April 2, 2008, 12:18 p.m.

I think part of having a healthy legal system is having the ability to dispute new laws and to raise issues surrounding them.

What bothered me in this particular case, was that the complainants seemed to feel that this law was created solely to keep Sihks from working in construction. That attitude seems rather preposterous to me.

Goin' Down?

April 2, 2008, 12:22 p.m.

well then someone should make them a hardhat they can wear and make millions off it….

seriously guys why do you assume they have such bad intentions behind this???

Ya like the "Cowboy" hardhats for all the tools who have to show their "cowboyness" even at work. The Hard Turbin could be the next big thing. I'd get one!

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

April 2, 2008, 12:37 p.m.

Ya like the "Cowboy" hardhats for all the tools who have to show their "cowboyness" even at work. The Hard Turbin could be the next big thing. I'd get one!

How about Solid steel GANGSTA BANDANA for the G units working the bricks and rebars?

oh hai!

April 2, 2008, 1:17 p.m.

Part of my job is to assess health and safety hazards and enforce them onsite. No matter who walks on my site, they must wear all of the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). If they don't comply, they will not be let on site. WCB will impose large fines to the company if any of the required PPE for the job is not used and enforced. I don't think there should be any exceptions to the rule.

Hardhats are tested to withstand impacts and electrocution to a certain voltage. To my knowledge, a Turban has not been tested by the CSA to withstand impacts and electroction, and therefore is not recognized by the WCB.

I know there are some religious issues playing into this, but this is a safety issue. It is not only an issue of the individual workers being unsafe, it is also a case of these guys putting their co-workers in danger.

For example: What if one of these guys took 600 Volts through the head. At some point, his co workers might have to put themselves in danger to save this person. There could be fires, damage to equipment or injury to personnel. If the person was wearing a hard hat he may have been able to protect themselves from serious harm.

I will not work with anyone who has the potential to get injured or injure others.

I dont care if these guys were the first millworkers in the world. 20 years ago, things were done a different way, today, safety rules are alot stricter and must be complied with. We have learnt from the misfortunes of others many years ago, and we have done our best to act on them.

April 2, 2008, 1:40 p.m.

Again this was discussed in an earlier thread. Unless you are a business owner and employ people in BC, then this has no effect on you.

youre a business owner! it effects you doesnt it majin?

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

April 2, 2008, 1:55 p.m.

exactly what i was going to say. but yeah, being multi-cultural is part of the canadian identity nowadays. you got to keep in mind that the majority of our population is immigrant or first and second generation (there's an idea for a poll) so it's not so much that their culture or religion invaded, its just that it hasn't evolved yet.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.