are you kidding me

April 2, 2008, 12:25 a.m.

dude thats offensive..
not towards me but maybe someone else might be offended so i should be too? or something

MERRY JESUS BIRTHING CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY WESTERN JANUARY FARKING FIRST NEW YEAR!!!!

PS: Happy Easter too (abit late)

oh hai!

April 2, 2008, 12:32 a.m.

The trouble is you can't really take a turban off that easily. It's many wrapped layers of fabric and hair and if they took the turban off they would have to do something with their waist-length hair.

It takes about 1/2 an hour to put on a real turban.

www.natooke.com

April 2, 2008, 12:37 a.m.

The trouble is you can't really take a turban off that easily. It's many wrapped layers of fabric and hair and if they took the turban off they would have to do something with their waist-length hair.

It takes about 1/2 an hour to put on a real turban.

Tell me about it, I know a few friends who wear them (Parents forced it as youngins, now they kinda grew on to it (literally) )

Against any misconceptions, most people bathe the hair occasionally and put on different cloths. It's like with any length of hair and religious beliefs. If you don't take a shower more than once a day, you will smell.

oh hai!

April 2, 2008, 12:50 a.m.

im so sick of all the rule exceptions that are made. these rules are there for your safety not for shits and giggles. i am really offended by all the whinning that occurs by certain religous groups in demanding all these exceptions. if you dont like it, get a new job its as simple as that.

dont like that option? well here's a plane ticket to get the hell out of here.

Idiocy

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

April 2, 2008, 12:54 a.m.

Ya when my parents wore them they would wake up at 5:30 am every day and bathe themselves thoroughly, then they would meditate with the hair down for about a half hour before putting the turbans on and going to work.

They were only involved with that cult (this shit went waaaayy beyond normal sikhism so yes I am using the term cult correctly) until I was about 6 years old so I never got any further than the mini- ice cream scoop- turban.

www.natooke.com

April 2, 2008, 12:55 a.m.

im so sick of all the rule exceptions that are made. these rules are there for your safety not for shits and giggles. i am really offended by all the whinning that occurs by certain religous groups in demanding all these exceptions. if you dont like it, get a new job its as simple as that.

dont like that option? well here's a plane ticket to get the hell out of here.

April 2, 2008, 12:55 a.m.

With all the hair and fabric I'll bet a turban does just as good a job as a hardhat anyways….

www.natooke.com

April 2, 2008, 12:58 a.m.

With all the hair and fabric I'll bet a turban does just as good a job as a hardhat anyways….

Hardhats are fire proof up to 350 Celcius.

oh hai!

April 2, 2008, 1:01 a.m.

Hardhats are fire proof up to 350 Celcius.

cool,

they'll be able to retrieve the hardhat from your burnt carcass and give it to someone else.

www.natooke.com

April 2, 2008, 1:04 a.m.

cool,

they'll be able to retrieve the hardhat from your burnt carcass and give it to someone else.

Missed the point, go light a piece of fabric doused in human scalp oil and report back on how quickly it burns and smells.

oh hai!

April 2, 2008, 1:08 a.m.

Missed the point, go light a piece of fabric doused in human scalp oil and report back on how quickly it burns and smells.

ok i get your point,

I'm just not huge on enforced safety regulations. Just make em sign a waiver and be done with it.

I put this in the same pile with helmet laws for bicycles. It should be the decision of the person taking the risk…

www.natooke.com

April 2, 2008, 1:08 a.m.

I might have to side with the sikh's here.

With all the health and safety regulations that are being pushed on labour jobs, it wouldn't suprise me that a job they worked 20 years now requires a hard hat. It never mentions what they do, but honestly I use to work in a warehouse and health and safety regulations state that we have to wear yellow vests. Stupid rule in the world, since everyone is visible regardless of wearing a yellow vest. Does it mention in the article what they do at their job?

I'll also try to steer the conversation about the other aspect of this argument unless it goes that way.

April 2, 2008, 1:11 a.m.

Ya what is the workplace anyways?? CBC is blocked here so I can't read the article…

Is it just a regular construction site or is it a smelting plant??

www.natooke.com

April 2, 2008, 1:17 a.m.

Ya what is the workplace anyways?? CBC is blocked here so I can't read the article…

Is it just a regular construction site or is it a smelting plant??

Probably construction or assembly, full of heavy loads flying around, dropping, sparks flying, heated, dry conditions.

I wonder how many people would put on a helmet if they were forced to choose between WCB/insurance coverage or the no-helmet.

Why hasn't anyone patented a hardhat that can fit over the turbans? It'd be a mind wrapping industry.

oh hai!

April 2, 2008, 1:28 a.m.

It'd be a mind wrapping industry.