are you kidding me

April 2, 2008, 1:33 a.m.

Fuck majin, why dont you go down to batmans cave and play with his balls. You are so fucking annoying when your "trying" to be funny.

April 2, 2008, 1:34 a.m.

It'd be a mind wrapping industry.

QUOTED FOR FAIL ON QUOTE.

ding,DING.

oh hai!

April 2, 2008, 1:41 a.m.

I'm going to just keep my remarks to myself as they will probably be viewed as racial and unintelligent. But this kind of stuff really rubs me the wrong way,

April 2, 2008, 1:56 a.m.

I might have to side with the sikh's here.

With all the health and safety regulations that are being pushed on labour jobs, it wouldn't suprise me that a job they worked 20 years now requires a hard hat. It never mentions what they do, but honestly I use to work in a warehouse and health and safety regulations state that we have to wear yellow vests. Stupid rule in the world, since everyone is visible regardless of wearing a yellow vest. Does it mention in the article what they do at their job?

I'll also try to steer the conversation about the other aspect of this argument unless it goes that way.

You are seriously the worst fucking troll ever. Seriously, and you wonder why everyone thinks your a moron and jumps on you every chance they get. Get your head out of your ass.

I bet if these fucks didn't wear their hardhats and something happened that injured them, their family would be all over the company for compensation like flies on shit.

April 2, 2008, 2 a.m.

You are seriously the worst fucking troll ever. Seriously, and you wonder why everyone thinks your a moron and jumps on you every chance they get. Get your head out of your ass.

I bet if these fucks didn't wear their hardhats and something happened that injured them, their family would be all over the company for compensation like flies on shit.

EXACTLY!!! they are the first to complain about wanting their own rights about not wearing the hard hats!

I'm willing to bet my life savings if they got hurt they would sue the company up the ying yang cuz they got a career ending injury.

April 2, 2008, 3:06 a.m.

well then someone should make them a hardhat they can wear and make millions off it….

seriously guys why do you assume they have such bad intentions behind this???

www.natooke.com

April 2, 2008, 3:20 a.m.

because they usually do. once you make an exception in a case like this it set a negative precedent for other "religious " qualms they may have.

i also think they should have to wear a helmet while on a motorcycle. bc go that one wrong, ontario got it right.

Idiocy

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

April 2, 2008, 5:16 a.m.

I side with the Sikhs here…it should be as simple as signing a waiver if they choose not to wear a hard hat.Same thing applies with the motorcycle law.

…..and yes its a special set of rules for one group of people…BECAUSE IT'S A UNIQUE ISSUE.

Appealing a law doesn't make these guys freedom haters,they're just asking for a rule to be modified a little so that they can live with the freedom that we so dearly respect.

…..and for the "they should just go back where they came from" crowd,go F^[HTML_REMOVED]#37;K yourselves.Perhaps the euros should have just gone back where they came from when they found out that the people that already lived here didnt like all aspects of their religion too much.

….and on a final note,I agree with Majin.Jobs that used to require a pair of workboots and a quick mind now require:

hardhat
safety glasses
hi vis vest
hi vis pants
hi vis gloves
non conductive work boots
lumbar support
anti fatigue mat to stand on………

Pastor of Muppets

April 2, 2008, 9:23 a.m.

It happened where I used to work within two weeks of starting up he suffered " head trauma and could no longer work, I wish they'd of just tossed him in the fraser.

April 2, 2008, 9:51 a.m.

It isn't just as simple as getting them to sign a waiver though. If one of them were to get injured as a result there could be potential collateral damage, or at least serious trauma for others who ended up having to deal with their injury. Additionally it could seriously disrupt the goings on at their work in addition to unnecessarily costing our healthcare system. When you think of it, if one of them was to get injured, it could potentially affect more than just that individual. A waiver would do nothing to eliminate those other problems.

They need to abide by the regulations.

By the way, I heard the lawyer on the radio the other day and it sounds like he isn't too concerned about his clients. The company has bent over (backwards) for them to accommodate with alternative jobs, but the lawyer claimed to not know the details and seemed quite intent on making this a case to fight for the minority in general. Cynical me says the lawyer just wants to push this to the supreme court for himself, instead of doing what is best for his clients. He thinks he could win big in the supreme court with a rights violation case. I think he sucks. That is all for now.

22 Pride

April 2, 2008, 9:53 a.m.

….and on a final note,I agree with Majin.Jobs that used to require a pair of workboots and a quick mind now require:

hardhat
safety glasses
hi vis vest
hi vis pants
hi vis gloves
lumbar support

That's because industry now runs on machines that are twice a big, go twice as fast, require less people to run them and more people to relocate product with more fork lifts and up to twelve hour shifts.
That adds up to a much more dangerous environment for people hence more strict rules regarding safety.
It's a safely issue and someone really should make a turbin friendly hard hat and save these people some time.

Grumpy Trail Builder in Training

April 2, 2008, 9:55 a.m.

thats great and all but you cant waive your right to sue.

i would hate to think that id be paying for their brain surgery or whatever

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 2, 2008, 9:59 a.m.

on a note related to finding job which you agree with the safety regulations:

commercial pilots can't be colour blind and have 20/20 vision. Cops also have to have excellent vision to be accepted to training.

April 2, 2008, 10:06 a.m.

hardhat
safety glasses
hi vis vest
hi vis pants
hi vis gloves
lumbar support

dude i see tons of people changing diapers without any of that stuff, stop being such a wimp

meh

April 2, 2008, 10:12 a.m.

thats great and all but you cant waive your right to sue.

i would hate to think that id be paying for their brain surgery or whatever

Again this was discussed in an earlier thread. Unless you are a business owner and employ people in BC, then this has no effect on you.