are you kidding me

April 1, 2008, 11:16 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-columbia/story/2008/04/01/bc-sikh-turban-sawmill.html

April 1, 2008, 11:21 p.m.

I thought this already came up? Maybe it was in the states.

This space intentionally left blank.

April 1, 2008, 11:22 p.m.

boo-fucking-hoo. don't like our rules and regulations then don't live here. its not like the hard hats are simply a fashion statement. it's for your safety and for insurance purposes. and the sad part is our pathetic gov't will cave to this PC bullshit because they are scared of offending a couple of people and will create two seperate sets of rules.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

April 1, 2008, 11:23 p.m.

I thought this already came up? Maybe it was in the states.

it has, it was an rcmp recruit of indo-canadian descent and he won his case to be allowed to wear his turban while on duty.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

April 1, 2008, 11:30 p.m.

boo-fucking-hoo. don't like our rules and regulations then don't live here. its not like the hard hats are simply a fashion statement. it's for your safety and for insurance purposes. and the sad part is our pathetic gov't will cave to this PC bullshit because they are scared of offending a couple of people and will create two seperate sets of rules.

exactly

dont come here and then complain about how its different from where you came from

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 1, 2008, 11:34 p.m.

it has, it was an rcmp recruit of indo-canadian descent and he won his case to be allowed to wear his turban while on duty.

AND the spawning of TURBINATOR BEGINS…

SIKH and Destroy!

FYI I'm not a racist, I just find those words to be funny sounding cacophony. That's all.

oh hai!

April 1, 2008, 11:48 p.m.

that was a while ago and I can agree with that outcome because it has nothing to do with safety and realistically very few cops actually wear their forge caps.

the most recent similar one was the BC sikh man who didn't want to wear a motorbike helmet; that was just this past february.

It's ridiculous, when safety is involved there should be no question. Lots of people don't take certain jobs because they don't agree with a certain policy; should be the same case here.

April 1, 2008, 11:48 p.m.

exactly

dont come here and then complain about how its different from where you came from

You know there are people who are born in Canada who wear turbins, right?

More accurately, it would be: If you, under your religion, have to wear a turbin, maybe you shouldn't make a career choice that requires you to wear an alternate fucking form of headgear, and/or if you decide you don't want to wear a hardhat, then sign this waiver that says that if you break your head open, medicare won't cover the expenses because you weren't wearing the proper safety equipment.

April 1, 2008, 11:53 p.m.

More accurately, it would be: If you, under your religion, have to wear a turbin, maybe you shouldn't make a career choice that requires you to wear an alternate fucking form of headgear, and/or if you decide you don't want to wear a hardhat, then sign this waiver that says that if you break your head open, medicare won't cover the expenses because you weren't wearing the proper safety equipment.

you get my point

i wish stupidity was painful.. like a brainfreeze kinda painful

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 1, 2008, 11:55 p.m.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

April 1, 2008, 11:59 p.m.

Yup, exactly.

Let them wear a turban, but let them work the job only after they've signed a waiver waiving all medical insurance rights in the case of head injuries.

Those helmet regulations are there for a reason.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

April 2, 2008, 12:06 a.m.

BTW this is exactly like saying Christmas is offensive (as a foreigner or of different religious beliefs) and still taking the day off as a holiday.

It's so easy to play the "offended" card.

oh hai!

April 2, 2008, 12:07 a.m.

BTW this is exactly like saying Christmas is offensive (as a foreigner or of different religious beliefs) and still taking the day off as a holiday.

It's so easy to play the "offended" card.

dude thats offensive..
not towards me but maybe someone else might be offended so i should be too? or something

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 2, 2008, 12:12 a.m.

so they complain about it.. and if they win and end up not requiring to wear hard hats.. and they get injured.. they are gona sue the company..

April 2, 2008, 12:15 a.m.

dude thats offensive..
not towards me but maybe someone else might be offended so i should be too? or something

waht?