Are you currently happy with your cell provider?

What is your relationship with your cell provider?

I enjoy every aspect of my cellular plan and am happy to pay my bills
8.5%
They suck, but not as bad as the other guys, so I'm sticking with them.
2.1%
They all suck the same. I just stick with this one cause I've got other priorities.
38.3%
I'm sure there's a good one out there so I'll keep surfing until I find it.
31.9%
I don't own a cell phone. I rule the world!
19.1%
Total votes: 47
July 14, 2009, 12:16 a.m.

Let's leave the brands right out of this one.

Vote in the poll and leave comments.

I have been with the same company for 14 years. Was thinking of going with another company so went to check out their store. Same shit. Same stupid teenagers that hate their job representing the product and service, same crappy phones, same incomprehensible plan structure (and I worked for one of these companies for 3 years!!), same same same.

So I decided to stick with my current provider. At least this way when I call to whine, they see the 1994 activation date and try that extra bit to accomodate my requests…

Just wanted to see what the polls say.

-m

July 14, 2009, 1:28 a.m.

I owe rogers over 700 dollars because it is so damn hard for them to accept my money.

July 14, 2009, 1:32 a.m.

You canucks still rockin the telecommunications duopoly or is there a modicum of choice in the market these days?

I ride Bikes

July 14, 2009, 1:35 a.m.

I have been with the same company for 14 years

?

July 14, 2009, 1:51 a.m.

A screw up in billing is a screw up. No matter the company.

I WAS with the same company for about 10 yrs…but they refused to compete with me, as a current user.
Story of my credit life…I call axing for the better deal cuz if I leave I can get it..but they don't care.
Ultimately…I think the air waves are still run by a few.
Same as the credit card companies…you think you have 2-3 different cards and some negotiating power…you don't when it turns out that all 3 are owned by the same.

Good luck with the monopoly.

July 14, 2009, 1:53 a.m.

You canucks still rockin the telecommunications duopoly or is there a modicum of choice in the market these days?

I was gonna say the same thing.
I can't believe the crap you guys have to put up with from your tele providers. Do you still have to pay to recieve calls?

July 14, 2009, 1:58 a.m.

We're gettin raped…no doubt.

July 14, 2009, 2:11 a.m.

Nowadays, people complain a heck of a lot. My first "plan" was $45 a month with no minutes. The phone was a brick - like the one in Jdot's picture. The talk time was maybe 45 minutes, and standby time was at most 12 hours. The battery was NiCad, so it needed professional refreshing every few months. Dropped calls were the norm, and coverage was really poor outside of the city.

Today you can get an EPP plan, pay $17.50 a month for 200 minutes plus free evening and weekends, get a free phone that'll standby for a week and have hours of talk time, and it'll work along in remote places like Sooke.

I've been with the same provider for 18 years. A couple times they've been a real pain when they've introduced new technologies, but overall the service delivered has been consistent.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

July 14, 2009, 6:32 a.m.

all three of them are the same. The only difference is that one carries something that everyone wants and the other two are playing catchup.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

July 14, 2009, 6:45 a.m.

I only voted to see if there's anyone left on Earth without a cell phone.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 14, 2009, 7:17 a.m.

Just to prove we exist, some of us don't rock cell phones at all.

Coming off a 4 year sales gig where my phone rang at all hours, it's a breath of fresh air to be without and I don't miss it a bit.

July 14, 2009, 7:21 a.m.

Just to prove we exist, some of us don't rock cell phones at all.

Coming off a 4 year sales gig where my phone rang at all hours, it's a breath of fresh air to be without and I don't miss it a bit.

Cheater! You had one once!

I can understand needing a break though, my boss is pretty much glued to his crackberry, and not by choice either.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

July 14, 2009, 8:14 a.m.

Is anyone ever happy with their provider? I just got a new contract and called up all of them to see what they could offer me. I ended up sticking with Bell since they gave me a contract no other provider could come close to matching. I did not want to stay with Bell, but I wasn't willing to pay way more money to try another provider.

I used to love Telus. I had a great contract and it only cost me about $30-50 a month, depending on use. They even called me up when my calling trends changed and helped me pick a new plan that would save me a bit more money. Now, I use my phone a lot less, and it costs me close to $100 a month. For that amount of money I'm seriously thinking of switching to an iPhone.

July 14, 2009, 8:38 a.m.

I just renewed my contract with Telus. Initially I was paying about $80 a month for 300 minutes, unlimited incoming, unlimited texting, some LD, early eves and weekends + tax, fees etc.

They have a loyalty/retention number you can call to talk about this stuff. Instead of going to a store to speak with "stupid teenagers that hate their job representing the product and service" (bang on mattj!) you talk to someone who has the job of dealing with clients, but not selling product. Little bit of chat, yadda yadda yadda, I have a new plan, with everything I had previously, more minutes as well as unlimited data/email/web. My monthly bills now are ~$55.

Totally worth it IMHO.

I am pretty sure all the big three operate this way. Ever notice that when you talk to someone at the store, they have to make a call to amend your plan? They're calling the same number you can dial on your own. Might take a couple tries to get a decent rep that'll deal, but just try back.

Plenty of Canadian cel phone advice also at www.howardforums.com

July 14, 2009, 9:06 a.m.

Maybe homepiece is right, but I f#@cking hated being with Telus so there was no deliberation when I wanted to get an iPhone and now I at least have coverage where I live. You would think living on top of a mountain in the middle of a city would mean good coverage, but not with telus.