Are we screwed? Is Humanity Doomed?

March 5, 2019, 5:58 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

Chup - since neither of us are theologians, should we not discuss the Caliphate either then?

That is politics, not religion.  

I am not saying we can't discuss climate change, I do all the time, I am saying that it is foolish to think that thousands of scientists are wrong and that either one of us is qualified to analyze their work.  There is always a new reason to doubt climate change out there, but the scientific community has not wavered on this.  It has now gotten to the point that even the deniers don't deny it is happening because we can all see it in real time.  Now they disagree on why.  

Not everything is a conspiracy.

I didnt claim a conspiracy existed in this case or even bring up weather modification/amplification and such (totally coulda). Look at the basic properties that Sulfur Dioxide reflects sunlight and there should be more emitted than CO2. But because man is egocentric, we must be the cause of the problem. Or we cant tax volcano's yet.

That's if we're blaming chemicals released. There's still the Sun and the galactic fluff our solar system is traversing to be considered.

March 5, 2019, 7:50 p.m.

Sho's world........

March 6, 2019, 1:13 p.m.

Chup - since neither of us are theologians, should we not discuss the Caliphate either then?

I am not saying we can't discuss climate change, I do all the time, I am saying that it is foolish to think that thousands of scientists are wrong and that either one of us is qualified to analyze their work.  There is always a new reason to doubt climate change out there, but the scientific community has not wavered on this.  It has now gotten to the point that even the deniers don't deny it is happening because we can all see it in real time.  Now they disagree on why.  

I didnt claim a conspiracy existed in this case or even bring up weather modification/amplification and such (totally coulda). Look at the basic properties that Sulfur Dioxide reflects sunlight and there should be more emitted than CO2. But because man is egocentric, we must be the cause of the problem. Or we cant tax volcano's yet.

That's if we're blaming chemicals released. There's still the Sun and the galactic fluff our solar system is traversing to be considered.

If you have looked at sulfur dioxide as part of the problem, what makes you think people that do nothing but study climate have not also done the same?  We know that the CO2 level in the atmosphere is at an 800,000 year high and it is because of industrialization so it has nothing to do with hubris.

March 7, 2019, 2:07 p.m.

If you have looked at sulfur dioxide as part of the problem, what makes you think people that do nothing but study climate have not also done the same?  We know that the CO2 level in the atmosphere is at an 800,000 year high and it is because of industrialization so it has nothing to do with hubris.

Because Carbon has a point of relation to our direct lives and is an easier sell. Carbon based life forms, carbon dating, cars emit carbon yada yada. Not much I can say about the 800,000 year high.

March 7, 2019, 2:12 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Sho's world........

Dont tempt my weakness..

March 9, 2019, 1:18 a.m.

Because Carbon has a point of relation to our direct lives and is an easier sell. Carbon based life forms, carbon dating, cars emit carbon yada yada. Not much I can say about the 800,000 year high.

.. Just gonna asd and ask if anyone's found numbers over that 800,000 years for other chemicals?

And why is it that my attachments only show up when I log in? Have I been sandboxed for the lurkers?

March 9, 2019, 8:20 a.m.

Yeah, they have.  There's more radioiodides in the atmosphere.  And also iron.

March 10, 2019, 8:18 p.m.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/10/us/arizona-zoo-jaguar-attack/index.html

We are doomed if stupid people like this continue to roam the earth. Crossing a barrier to take a picture of a wild animal. I am so glad they don't plan on killing the innocent animal because of a moronic human.

March 11, 2019, 11:49 p.m.

Posted by: Stuminator

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/10/us/arizona-zoo-jaguar-attack/index.html

We are doomed if stupid people like this continue to roam the earth. Crossing a barrier to take a picture of a wild animal. I am so glad they don't plan on killing the innocent animal because of a moronic human.

Jaguar's my spirit animal, they better not.

March 12, 2019, 12:46 p.m.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/the-global-economy-is-a-time-bomb-waiting-to-explode/