Jan. 30, 2013, 4:54 p.m.

sarcasm

over it

your head

haha, got some neg repz?

Ride, don't slide.

Jan. 30, 2013, 5:18 p.m.

haha, got some neg repz?

buy me a beer and I'll still tell you no. you know.

Jan. 30, 2013, 6:31 p.m.

they had it hard 125 years ago, so give'm some slack here.

Uhmm No

Time to turn the page

Jan. 30, 2013, 8:59 p.m.

^^that's waayyyy too touchy feely.

More boobs.

I have 21,474,850 rep points...

My blog - read it!

http://www.citizenclass.ca

Jan. 30, 2013, 9:07 p.m.

Only people with ancestors from South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia, are capable of being responsible for their actions. Obviously.

And incapable of paying their bills cuz its much easyier to turn a blind eye to that and just keep the 1st nation down on the res instead of settling

Feb. 1, 2013, 1:49 p.m.

NBR's level of socio-poiltical awareness continues to be outstanding.

Hands up if you're male and white and not born below the poverty line…

Feb. 1, 2013, 1:55 p.m.

And incapable of paying their bills cuz its much easyier to turn a blind eye to that and just keep the 1st nation down on the res instead of settling

The status quo on both sides needs change of this needs change.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 1, 2013, 5:32 p.m.

She is only half native. Her Mom is Ahousat but her dad is a white dude. They have money, own a small hotel, good family, etc…
She didn't grow up on a Rez. She grew up in down town Tofino. She should get no fucking special treatment cause of her skin colour. Her life was a tough as mine growing up and I would get shit on If I rioted.

Hug a logger, you'll never go back to trees

Feb. 1, 2013, 6:09 p.m.

Uhmm No

Time to turn the page

Uh no, cant really just "turn the page" when it comes to indigenous issues…

www.ryanrose.ca

Yeah?

Feb. 1, 2013, 6:15 p.m.

She is only half native. Her Mom is Ahousat but her dad is a white dude. They have money, own a small hotel, good family, etc…
She didn't grow up on a Rez. She grew up in down town Tofino. She should get no fucking special treatment cause of her skin colour. Her life was a tough as mine growing up and I would get shit on If I rioted.

Don't hate the playa,hate the game.

Pastor of Muppets

Feb. 1, 2013, 8:33 p.m.

Uh no, cant really just "turn the page" when it comes to indigenous issues…

Your opinion, not mine

Feb. 1, 2013, 8:53 p.m.

The status quo on both sides needs change of this needs change.

and its a fucking complicated mess that has been brewing for 125yrs but some white people who ride bikes figure they can settle it in 5 pages?

I think the last idle no more thread roughly paraphrasing somebody pretty much said "well the injuns gotta settle with us and they gotta understand we hold the cards so they gotta settle on our terms "

but in fact whitey doesn't hold the cards which is why the Can gov has never settled so it would be way better for the gov to do what they have always done which is just keep not settling … for 125 yrs

unfortunately there is this idle no more thing

Feb. 1, 2013, 11:36 p.m.

and its a fucking complicated mess that has been brewing for 125yrs but some white people who ride bikes figure they can settle it in 5 pages?

I think the last idle no more thread roughly paraphrasing somebody pretty much said "well the injuns gotta settle with us and they gotta understand we hold the cards so they gotta settle on our terms "

but in fact whitey doesn't hold the cards which is why the Can gov has never settled so it would be way better for the gov to do what they have always done which is just keep not settling … for 125 yrs

unfortunately there is this idle no more thing

Yet it is interesting to note how I think it's about 80 reservations out of hundreds. Who on their own decided the status quo was no longer acceptable are doing better then if they didn't. Tswassen and I believe the Similkimeen are on that path.

Also this , the Tyendinaga band council being taken to court by their own band member over decisions they made that effect band members health.

http://warriorpublications.wordpress.com/2013/01/27/reserve-despair-hits-home-for-outspoken-mohawk-shawn-brant/

While it may seem minor but on reflection on Shawn Brant's record of aboriginal activism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawn_Brant

This is a significant change of tune. And hopefully will bring to light what actually happened. As you said a lot of issues and complications. But continuing the past and present staus quo of doing business as well as blame whitey for it all. Well, at a certain point all that does is hinder change and people stop listening and caring.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 2, 2013, 7:45 a.m.

you forgot the Nisga who became very important in this whole clusterfuck as a result of Delgamuukw v. British Columbia [1997] 3 S.C.R. 1010, also known as Delgamuukw vs. the Queen is a decision of the Supreme Court of Canada where the Court expressly and explicitly declined to make any definitive statement on the nature of aboriginal title in Canada.

"The relevance of the case for aboriginal title derives from what the Chief Justice Lamer ruled in a dialogue from the Bench with counsel Bruce Clark appearing on a preliminary objection to the Court's territorial jurisdiction based upon the Indian Tribe's unsurrendered territorial sovereignty. The Court Transcript finds the Chief Justice saying, “If you had decided to initiate or if you decide tomorrow morning to initiate in the Supreme Court of British Columbia an action for declaratory relief saying that the British Columbia courts have no jurisdiction, that is a different matter and you could be arguing to the judge that, well, this is an issue that has never been tried. There is no doubt that it is a constitutional issue. Is that all you have to say on the constitutional question?”[1]

For these reasons the precedent value of the Delagmuukw is that the constitutional question of the paramountcy over a Crown Government’s and Court’s jurisdiction of an Indian Tribe’s territorial sovereignty pending proof of a surrender, by treaty, is a legitimate and outstanding constitutional question that this Court has never decided, because it has never been tried. Aside from that, the Court expressly and explicitly refused to decide anything of precedent value regarding the Indian constitutional interest."

I wonder what enbridge thinks about Delgamuukw eh?

Feb. 2, 2013, 9:39 a.m.

Round dance^^??