Anyone use a VPN service?

Jan. 22, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

I'm sure this will just end up as another game of cat and mouse. There's enough momentum out their for someone to figure out how Netflix are doing this blocking and quickly working around it….
The most obvious example I can think of is comparing which country you are trying to connect to and which country your credit card is registered in….

Jan. 22, 2016, 4:52 p.m.

I know for a fact that media sites are targeting specific VPN providers. I only (mostly) avoid torrent sites because I feel an obligation to get content legitimately. But if providers like NetFlix and their licensors can't get their act together and leave us with the option of paying for nothing but shit, I'll say goodbye to Netflix and turn to the Expanding Universe of "free" alternatives out there.

A really good source of potentially active torrent sites is Google's own DCMA postings when you go searching for a file. Clicking those links sends you to another legit site that hosts the DCMA complaint notice. Scroll down a bit and you'll find a whole repository of URLs that have been 'wacked' by the music industry/mmpa/bpi/etc. Looking at the website URL (not the full file link, but the site's main link) is a good way to find new torrent sites if your go-to one has been is killed.

As with anything, practise safe interneting and if you like it, buy it. :)

Jan. 22, 2016, 5 p.m.

PrivateInternetAccess is what I've been using for over two yrs now. Not a single complaint and have many server locations so you can quickly and easily change your "location" if necessary.

+1

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.